T.i.t.s. Radio

JuniorExPat

I have fallen into the habit of listening to T.I.T.S. (106.5 FM) when driving - depending on the DJ and paylist (obviously!) it can be quite a good listen.

Just wondering if many people actually tune in to this station - do you?

BTW - I've got no connection with the station, more accurately I was listening to Radio Bangkok whilst on the forum and got to wondering if advertising on both or either of these stations was worthwhile . . . .

Do you like T.I.T.S.? :o

JxP

any association with W.I.L.L.Y. Radio.....

No, I{m not trying to be funny, it{s just that we have threads on both subjects going on in Bedlam and well... Curiosity Killed the... Argghh"!!!!!

JunioExPat: Do you like T.I.T.S.?

Ahem, who doesn't? :o <-- (looking silly)

But, if we take this to be an acronym, what could it possibly stand for? This-is-Thailand-shucks?

And there's a $$$ paylist $$$?

Cheers, X-Pat

Edited by x-pat

any association with W.I.L.L.Y. Radio.....

No, I{m not trying to be funny, it{s just that we have threads on both subjects going on in Bedlam and well... Curiosity Killed the... Argghh"!!!!!

It seems only fair to have a W.I.L.L.Y station to keep the balance!

I'm not part of the Bedlam elite so can't really comment further . . . . :o

JxP

Ahem, who doesn't? :D <-- (looking silly)

But, if we take this to be an acronym, what could it possibly stand for? This-is-Thailand-shucks?

Cheers, X-Pat

If I remember the various jingles correctly I think the full name of the station is Chiang Mai, Thailand Information and Tourist Services community radio - phew, quite a mouthful, I guess T.I.T.S is just easier to get your lips around . . . . :o

paylist?? :D

JxP

Ahem, who doesn't? :o <-- (looking silly)

Cheers, X-Pat

x-pat - I just re-read my original post - thank you for pointing out the (obviously deliberate!) mistake - however, having listened to good old BBC Radio 1 recently over the interweb thingy I do think that playlist and paylist are probably interchangable.

JxP :D

Tried to listen to them, but the signal didn't seem to make it out to Mae-Jo, pity as a farang-station in the North is a good idea !    :o

I hadn't realised that the signal only covered us city dwellers - I did hear a discussion on the station that they were doing some upgrades so maybe the new kit has a better signal.

I agree, it does seem like a good idea but I'm not sure if this is their main objective, I read a piece, in Citylife I think, where the guy who set it all up was talking about wanting a station that played 'good' music and used English as the broadcast language because it was 'cool' - but the adverts are definitely aimed at the foreigner.

JxP

JxP: I guess T.I.T.S is just easier to get your lips around . . .

Well, you have a way to put things, err..., succinctly. And I thought T.I.T.S. must have been one of those Thai acronyms invented by someone blissfully unaware of the English language, such as "Farmers Association of Rural Thailand" (F.A.R.T).

Cheers, X-Pat

JxP: I guess T.I.T.S is just easier to get your lips around . . .

Well, you have a way to put things, err..., succinctly. And I thought T.I.T.S. must have been one of those Thai acronyms invented by someone blissfully unaware of the English language, such as "Farmers Association of Rural Thailand" (F.A.R.T).

Cheers, X-Pat

I have a feeling that the guys at T.I.T.S are as blissfully aware as I am of the fun that can be had with language usage :o not so sure about those farmers though.

None of this has helped my advertising research :D . . . . never mind eh?!

JxP