Penang Double Entry Tourist Visas?

Went to Penang back end of April for DE tourist visa - smooth running all the way. Spent a couple of days on the island. Applied wednesday morning, retrieved passport thursday afternoon, no questions asked.

My passport didn't have any tourist visa/30day stamps, but did have 2 consecutive non-immB visas.

Fly with Air-Asia, and if you want can hire a car at the airport.

The Thai consulate in Penang is much quieter and less frenetic than the embassy in KL, and I found it a much easier place to get your visa sorted out.

Good luck

:o

I've been reading about the posts about Penang. I just have a few questions.

Do I need to show other supporting documents to get a DE/TE Tourist Visa?

Is it better to go through agency to do the visa or just do it myself?

What are interesting things to do in Penang? I want to enjoy the nightlife as well, but is it safe for woman travelling alone?

Thanks in advance...

hUsh :o

What are interesting things to do in Penang? I want to enjoy the nightlife as well, but is it safe for woman travelling alone?

Thanks in advance...

hUsh :o

No other supporting documents required .

I/d use an agency they only charge a couple of hundred baht and it saves you the hassle of trailing out to the Embassy ............also the Embassy are used to dealing with them which helps your cause.........the guys outside the Swiss Hotel on Lebuh Chulia are reliable.

Standard advice would be stay at the Hotel Continental on Jalan Penang (approx 1000 baht/night) outside across the roundabout is a decent bar where you would be safe enough.........and not too far to stagger back to the Hotel from.

Regarding safety...........be prepared to have the local men staring at you at least that has been my experience travelling with the Thai G/F..............you/ll be safe enough physically though.

Thanks in advance...

hUsh :D

No other supporting documents required .

I/d use an agency they only charge a couple of hundred baht and it saves you the hassle of trailing out to the Embassy ............also the Embassy are used to dealing with them which helps your cause.........the guys outside the Swiss Hotel on Lebuh Chulia are reliable.

Standard advice would be stay at the Hotel Continental on Jalan Penang (approx 1000 baht/night) outside across the roundabout is a decent bar where you would be safe enough.........and not too far to stagger back to the Hotel from.

Regarding safety...........be prepared to have the local men staring at you at least that has been my experience travelling with the Thai G/F..............you/ll be safe enough physically though.

Thanks thaiflyer :D

Im off to Penang this Wednesday and will be staying at Hotel Continental and will use NJ Agency for my visa. I also dragged a girl friend of mine to come a long with me, so I feel safer now and it should be more fun. :o