'40 Year Old Virgin' actor Shelily Malil sentenced to life for stabbing ex-girlfriend

News_Editor

'40 Year Old Virgin' actor Shelily Malil sentenced to life for stabbing ex-girlfriend

2010-12-19 11:45:18 GMT+7 (ICT)

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- Actor Shelily Malil, who starred in the 2005 movie 'The 40 Year Old Virgin,' on Friday was sentenced to life in prison after repeatedly stabbing his former girlfriend, prosecutors said.

Malil, 45, best known for playing the role of an electronic stores clerk in 'The 40 Year Old Virgin,' in August 2008 stabbed his ex-girlfriend Kendra Beebe 23 times after finding her with another man.

Malil arrived unexpectedly at 38-year-old Beebe's San Marcos, California apartment in 2008, where he saw her with another man. He then took a butcher knife and attacked her, severely injuring her.

Beebe survived the brutal attack, and Malil was now sentenced to a life term in prison on a charge of attempted premeditated murder. He will be eligible for parole in 12 years.

"I am at a loss for words right now," Malil said before the sentencing. "I failed miserably, not only as a human being but as a father, son, uncle, brother, friend. What I did to Kendra, I don't have the words to express my remorse."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-19

Life in prison for in a fit of rage stabbing someone that cheated on you?

Wow, if he instead was a woman he would have been given flowers and a spot on Oprah...

Added: Stabbing someone 23 times and they live, yes, then you have failed...at stabbing.

Added 2: His name is Shelley Malil. And nothing else.

Added 3: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/09/report-stabbing-victim-40-year-old-virgin-actor-admits-lying-under-oath

Edited by TAWP