Skytain Tv - Do We Need It?

Bangkok Barry

I was on the Skytrain today, and they were testing tvs on it, six in each carriage (coach) I think. Mostly music videos, with the 'next station' showing at the bottom, although that was several stations off most of the time. Bloody good definition too.

Better than the ones they had (have??) on the micro buses, but then technology has moved on a lot since those were introduced.

But do we need it? Will we have English On The Train with Andrew Biggs, as we did on the buses? They already have huge tvs blaring out on each station. Might be nice if they spent some money on providing enough seats instead.

On the plus side, the sound was turned down and they weren't offensive (yet), and even if it was turned up then it might drown the sound of all the mobile phone conversations. But isn't it cute the way SOME of the girls cover their mouths when they're talking on their phone.

And what is it with Thais and television. They all swarm around a tv in the shopping malls, Tesco decided people couldn't even travel up to another floor for 20 seconds without needing a huge and expensive plasma tv greeting them as they ride the escalator, most of the fast food restaurants have them. Or these places assault you with Radio Big C, Radio KFC, Radio McDonalds. I walked straight out of one KFC because the music was so loud.

Sorry to ramble......

Bangkok is so great...now they have skytrains WITH TV!!!! Up in the North we don't even have skytrains..much less with entertainment.....If I was a tourist or wanted to live in Thailand I'd find everything I wanted in Bangkok...no need to even think about going anywhere else!!!

Bangkok is so great...now they have skytrains WITH TV!!!!  Up in the North we don't even have skytrains..much less with entertainment.....If I was a tourist or wanted to live in Thailand I'd find everything I wanted in Bangkok...no need to even think about going anywhere else!!!

North of where?

Surely this is just going to be constant advertisements once deployed. I could have done without the TV's in each station, but this will be even more annoying. But I have to say fortunately I don't even notice the TV's in the stations anymore because I got so used to just ignoring them.