THAIVISA.COM'S HAMBURGERS BC

Limbo

Next week for the anniversary of his majesty(60 year king),we plan a bicycle trip downtown.Start in Bandu.More information follows later .l

On sunday 11 June at 7 a.m. we start the trip. Location:T.A.T. office downtown,everybody welcome and do not forget to ware a yellow shirt, see you there.(only 10 k.m.)

On sunday 11 June at 7 a.m. we start the trip. Location:T.A.T. office downtown,everybody welcome and do not forget to ware a yellow shirt, see you there.(only 10 k.m.)

Meeting point is the parking place in front of the Sala Klang Kao, the big colonial style building behind the Post Office at Singha Klai Road (where the Provincial Cultural Council of Chiang Rai has its headquarters), about hundred meters from Overbrook Hospital direction King Mengrai monument.

All the bicycle clubs of Chiang Rai participate.

The main purpose of the event will probably be the documentation of it.

That's why you need the yellow shirt and that's why the distance is only 10 kms.

For your information: Co van Kessel, the person who was the first to organize bicycle tours in Bangkok will do his 60 temple tours to-day. The sponsors, an anonymous English noble family with an astonishing sense of humor, will carry the costs and the contribution of the participants, 200 x 2000 will go unabridged to a Royal Project.

We still have a lot to learn in Chiang Rai!

Long live the King!

Limbo :o

Meeting point is the parking place in front of the Sala Klang Kao, the big colonial style building behind the Post Office at Singha Klai Road (where the Provincial Cultural Council of Chiang Rai has its headquarters), about hundred meters from Overbrook Hospital direction King Mengrai monument.

All the bicycle clubs of Chiang Rai participate.

The main purpose of the event will probably be the documentation of it.

That's why you need the yellow shirt and that's why the distance is only 10 kms.

For your information: Co van Kessel, the person who was the first to organize bicycle tours in Bangkok will do his 60 temple tours to-day. The sponsors, an anonymous English noble family with an astonishing sense of humor, will carry the costs and the contribution of the participants, 200 x 2000 will go unabridged to a Royal Project.

We still have a lot to learn in Chiang Rai!

Long live the King!

The meeting was a great succes,about 130 participans .And next week start every week on sundays a trip,details follow later ,all organized by FAT FREE. 4 Groups ,so everyone can enjoy it ,see you later.

Your estimate of the number of participants is rather moderate Jozef!

I thought there were a little bit more than 130. I would guess nearly 200.

Anyhow, it was a nice little tour of about fifteen kilometers.

A very good atmosphere and a fine gesture towards His Majesty the King.

After the tour the participants signed a book with wellwishes to His Majesty.

Two Americans, two Dutch, one Belgian and one Swiss joined the Thai bikers

in paying tribute to the beloved King of Thailand.

post-6305-1150008853_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1150008810_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1150008764_thumb.jpg

Please Jozef, keep us informed about the weekly tour and use all your imagination to convince Khun Chompoo and Khun Bird of Fat Free Bicycle Shop that 6 o'clock in the morning is extremely early to start. It would mess up the Saturday evening rutines for many of us.

congretulations with this honourful event

i am sure His Majesty can appreciate this kind of activity , as He Himself is an example of a healthy

lifestyle

i don ' t know if He likes biking , probably not so easy to hop on and go

president Bush is a 'real' mountainbiker , it looks good in the papers i guess

it is a fact that having fun on the bicycle is getting more and more popular worldwide by every level in society and while doing so it could serve also a practical use

just a small step in solving a future energy crisis , as also suggested by some Thai government wise guy

keep on biking

ps : 6 am sundaymorning : seems perfect for the early birds , but i have a good excuse

• 3 years later...

Gentlemen, gentlemen,

I noticed that the title of the Doi Tung bicycle thread mentions the 21st of October.

As I wrote, it is

Sunday 18 October

that this enormous bicycle happening takes place.

And (and!) together with another thousand enthousiasts you can run up the hill as well if you so wish!

Limbo :)

Okay Gentlemen, 4 days to go and then the ordeal will start at Doi Tung!

From now on we will also have to keep an eye on Allen of Chiang Khong, the owner and manager of the Bicycle Museum there

who is training hard with the intention to improve the world record of 'Around the World'.

The distance must be at least 29.000 kms over land and the record is now on 175 days.

This is almost 166 kms a day for the same period.

Allen aims at not less than about 223 kms a day for more than a four months period, getting it down to about 130 days.

The start will be at the Big Ben in London, midnight of April 1 next year (... no, it isn't!).

When the Big Ben sounds its mighty bell, Allen will step on the pedals and for months he will stay on them.

Only eating and sleeping will be the other ingredients of his existence during this period.

The great thing is that Allen will have a 'tracker' on his bicycle which will enable us to see on internet exactly where he will be at the very moment we look.

Every thirty seconds his position will be specified exactly.

Allen has been training many fine bicyclists in Chiang Rai and some of them reached the top of Thailand.

It's going to be a great thing and I think that the Chiang Rai bicycle world, Thai and 'farang', will be with him during this period.

Limbo :)