University In Bangkok

SunDaRi

I'd lost my college papers and, the school I attended has now merged with another school.. it's going to be a hassle to get all of it anyways.I'm wonderin if there're any university in Bangkok that have a more relaxed criteria such as working experience, age etc. for their bachelor/ master international programmes?I hope I'm posting in the right thread. It's the most 'education' thread I can think of.

I am assuming you are talking about attending a school rather than teaching at one?

If that is the case, do you have a copy of your degree or of your transcript? If it's an American University there is a clearinghouse that can verify it, if they are listed with the National Clearinghouse. The new University would have your old records and could verify your degree.

I am not sure which University has the most relaxed standards, but the private universities are a bit more likely to want to have paying students.

I am assuming you are talking about attending a school rather than teaching at one?

If that is the case, do you have a copy of your degree or of your transcript? If it's an American University there is a clearinghouse that can verify it, if they are listed with the National Clearinghouse. The new University would have your old records and could verify your degree.

I am not sure which University has the most relaxed standards, but the private universities are a bit more likely to want to have paying students.

I'm wanting to attend University. Yes :-) I lost the certificates etc., and I had a name change earlier with a nationality conversion (not to Thai nationality though) so everything I need is very complicating and time consuming, I would rather look for a university that do a entrance exam.

I'm hoping to find 1 with relaxed requirements and, I shall try the private universities to see if I can qualify. Thank you.

Hopefully, we will have some posters who can help you out. It's not usually the actual degree that is as important as the transcript. If you can get that or the certificate, then you can show where you legally changed your name--or a paper trail showing the name change was legal. The nationality is not all that important. You could be a Canadian citizen who went to school in Australia, for example.

....or you can wait and see if there are any posters who can help you out!

Best of luck.

Hi SunDaRi,

I work with the admissions office at Payap University in Chiang Mai. It is a private university.

There are still basic admission requirements for private universities as well that include having a high school diploma. The basic requirements are set by the Ministry of Education. If Payap and other private universities in Thailand don't follow the Ministry of Education rules in regards to admission, we would lose our accreditation.

My suggestion would be to get your GED. There are places in Bangkok you can go to get your GED. With that, you can enter and study in a university in Thailand.

I listed a few

http://www.aims.co.th/GED.html

http://gedthailand.com/index.html

http://www.bsmtutor.com/

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

To Richard: Thank you very much. I think it has the answers to what I need, I will rather go for the test then attend classes. I'm sure I will pass though if I go for the lessons. I'm not American so I don't get much of the Social Studies.

To JustaPhrase: Yes. It's what I'm interested in - there's some places that accept students on a case-by-case basis on their working experience or etc. (I remember reading some programmes from Australian or UK university)

The story: I am a permanent resident of this particular country where it's compulsory to serve the military but I didn't want to be their citizen at all, so i got out of the country (effectively AWOL from military law) and it'll be a small problem for me to get back there to get all the transcript and etc. Other then mathematics & Social Studies which I may have a problem - I should pass the test pretty well. Are there any other options?

Edited by SunDaRi

If you don't have ANY papers to verify high school graduation (and of course that would have your 'old' name, too, right?) you are going to have a hard time getting in here. The educational system here is VERY OCD about paperwork. And if you are going into an English-language programme you can expect it to be VERY expensive, especially if it is private.

I've been looking myself for years.. Except i have no degree at all. You're NEVER going to be able to 'blag it' into a university.

Cheapest option is Ramkamhaeng.. they have a part time BA on Tue and Thurs 5-8pm and all day Sat and Sun. Expect to pay about 60,000 baht a year... http://www.ru.ac.th/english/index.html

My choice, and I'm looking into it now, is the Open uni at Sukkothai.. They have an English program AND you can do a BA in Education with them.

Edited by justaphase

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in contact with Ramkhamhaeng University to find out more about their International BA in English.

I have been told that in order to qualify for the program id need A level and at minimum a High School Diploma. I left school some years ago, and it would be very difficult to produce a High School Diploma. .

Once i completed high school i then went on to study at College for 4 years, where i recieved City & Guilds Level 2/NVQ3 qualifications. The qualifications i have are equivalent to an A level in the UK. My question is, how do I explain or convince RU that the qualifications i have are the equivalent of an A level and would hopefully allow me to study there. How would I do this?

Are there any other Uni's that would accept me? Failing that, would i be able to study a non-degree course to earn credits in which to use to go on to study for a degree. (I am aware of GED as an option)

Hope i have explained clearly. Thanks for any help u may be able to provide.

Edited by loki00

I've been in contact with Ramkhamhaeng University to find out more about their International BA in English.

I have been told that in order to qualify for the program id need A level and at minimum a High School Diploma. I left school some years ago, and it would be very difficult to produce a High School Diploma. .

Once i completed high school i then went on to study at College for 4 years, where i recieved City & Guilds Level 2/NVQ3 qualifications. The qualifications i have are equivalent to an A level in the UK. My question is, how do I explain or convince RU that the qualifications i have are the equivalent of an A level and would hopefully allow me to study there. How would I do this?

Are there any other Uni's that would accept me? Failing that, would i be able to study a non-degree course to earn credits in which to use to go on to study for a degree. (I am aware of GED as an option)

Hope i have explained clearly. Thanks for any help u may be able to provide.

If you apply at Ramkhamhaeng Institute of International Studies, and you have completed high school, then it should be fine. During application either you or the school (I'm not who now) will submit your paperwork to the Ministry of Education. From there the MOE will contact your high school to confirm your completion of studies. Once that is confirmed, then Ramkhamhaeng can issue you a student ID. During this process which can take as long as a year, you are allowed to study courses alongside all the other students. I would not advise declaring yourself as non-degree. If you do, then the longer you are in non-degree status, the more money you will have to pay to transfer all your completed credits over to degree status.

If the MOE cannot confirm your graduation from high school or any other equivalent education credentials, then the last resort, as you mentioned, is to apply for the GED here in one the various centers that offers it.

Edited by mbkudu