Help Needed:Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai Fishing

Damienng

Hi Guys,

Am planning to go to Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai for the holidays this year end. Anyone care to share any good fishing ponds there or maybe a boat man at a lake that i can call for some giant snakehead fishing? Maybe we could meet up for fishing together.

Many Thanks in advance.

The lake at Changsaen is good for fishing and you may be able to rent a boat. There is a small lovely Brit owned resort overlooking the lake with great Thai food. Can't remember the name. The lake fishing is public and no fees and you can keep your catch. About 30 minutes from Chiangrai

The lake at Changsaen is good for fishing and you may be able to rent a boat. There is a small lovely Brit owned resort overlooking the lake with great Thai food. Can't remember the name. The lake fishing is public and no fees and you can keep your catch. About 30 minutes from Chiangrai

Thanks alot for the info... would look into going there. any ideal on what type of fishes are there? lure fishing? Roughly how much the boat rental is?.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello Gamini can you be a bit more specific as to where this Brit guest house is I would like to check it out some time .The wife and I have a house in the Waterford valley in Tri Keaw near Vien Durm. I wouldn't be that far to tak the family for the day for fishing and a picnic. Thanks Randell

Hello Gamini can you be a bit more specific as to where this Brit guest house is I would like to check it out some time .The wife and I have a house in the Waterford valley in Tri Keaw near Vien Durm. I wouldn't be that far to tak the family for the day for fishing and a picnic. Thanks Randell

Could be this place, run by a Brit called Ian and his wife.

http://www.viangyonok.com/