English Language Library

janosch

hey everyone,

my brother is coming to town and is thinking about writing his thesis here in Bangkok. He needs an extensive English language library.

How good are the libraries of the English branches of Chula, Thammasat...?

Are there any other such libraries in BKK?

Thanks for your input,

Janosch

Somewhere on TV is a thread about English language libraries in Bangkok..and it was a fairly recent thread...within a couple of months or so...you might try to search for it.....my contribution is that the AUA (American University Association, I think) has a library in the middle of Bangkok somewhere and it was shown on the map of Bangkok which I used to use.

There is only one English language library in Bangkok which is more-or-less public. It's called the Neilson Hayes Library and it's on Suriwong up near the western end. To tell the truth, although the building is quite charming, the library itself has a dated and very limited collection. Unless the thesis is on something related to Thailand before, say, 1980, I wouldn't waste my time going over there.

the siam society has an extensive library , (thailand and s.e.asia related.

especially religion and history)

there is a lending section and a reference section.

it's located on asoke opposite the entrance to soi cowboy.

you have to buy a years membership , but you get entitlement to siam society lectures and field trips.