BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
counrikke

Offshore Oil Rig Work

I WISH TO ENROLL IN THE RIGGING SECTOR,OR PERHAPS ADVICE ME ON THE SECTOR THAT ONE CAN EASILY GET A JOB AFTER TRAINING

I WISH TO UNDERGO A TRAINING COURSE .BUT DONT KNOW WHICH IS BEST AND WHICH I COULD EASILY GET A JOB AT THE END OF IT

More chance of getting the formula for Pepsi... If your looking for work try and be a little more realistic with your dreams...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

OK I WANT TO UNDERGO A SKILLED TRAINING .WHICH DO YOU SUGGEST IS GOOD

I WISH TO UNDERGO A TRAINING COURSE .BUT DONT KNOW WHICH IS BEST AND WHICH I COULD EASILY GET A JOB AT THE END OF IT

What qualifications do you have?

I HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE IN CURRICULUM STUDIES AND TEACHING.

Falck Nutec in bkk do off shore survival courses.. That's a basic course you need aswell as a off shore unrestricted medical cert that certifes your healthy enough to work off shore..

Bosiet course is about 45,000 bt & medical cert is about 10,000 bt.

Don't know what your qualification allows you to work as off shore....

MY QUALIFICATION ALLOWS ME TEACH ENGLISH HERE.BUT I WANT TO MOVE NOW TO OFFSHORE

There is not such thing as doing a training course and getting a job easily....

As mentioned previously, if you think your going to get offshore in SEA, without marketable skills, and good solid experience in country other than your own, guess again...honestly you have no chance.

In another post someone mentioned doing the offshore survival training course in BKK, in your case don't waste your money or time doing them, as this will not get you a job, you still need marketable skills.

If you truly want to get into the offshore game/O&G game

Go back to Cameroon, which has a developing O&G business, go an train as a rigger, if this is what you want to do, and then spend may 8-10 years working the business there and then maybe, just maybe, you can start looking at the international game.

if your chasing the money and think a quick couple of courses will put you on the road to "big money" offshore in this region, you very much mistaken.

The days of hiring people in O&G because they can walk and chew gum at the same time are long gone...

Hey Guys,

I'm working on a project and need to interview a few people that have worked on a rig. Nothing too crazy, just a few questions. I'm including a $50 Amazon card for anyone that can help. 

If interested email me at *edited out*

Thanks

Edited by Scott
Phone and or email edited out, use the PM function

3 hours ago, MatthewEhorn said:

Hey Guys,

I'm working on a project and need to interview a few people that have worked on a rig. Nothing too crazy, just a few questions. I'm including a $50 Amazon card for anyone that can help. 

If interested email me at *edited out*

Thanks

Email addresses are not permitted on the open forum, please use the PM function for communication.

Do offshore rigs have machinists on site..... ie....miller/turner/toolroom? 

If so, where would one begin to get your foot in the door?