China air

Rinrada

Some information just recieved for all our C.A.readers

(FYIO)

Dear Gold Members,

As of the 01st April 2003, China Airlines will no longer operate a First class cabin service on our flight CI66/65 Amsterdam-Bangkok-Taipei return.

The new structure will be as follows:

 18 Business class Seats

In this cabin you will receive the full Business class service.

You will be issued with a Business class boarding card.

You will have access to the VIP lounges.

You will have 30 Kilos Baggage allowance.

You will be able to pre reserve your seat.

You will check in at the Business class counter.

 93 Economy Plus Seats

In this cabin you will have the Economy class service.

You will have the Business class blanket/pillow/Bar cart service.

You will have Business class equipment, films etc.

You will have Economy meal, but this will be served on China Plates.

You will have an Economy boarding pass.

You will not have access to the VIP Lounges. ( this should not directly affect you, as Gold Card holders you have access to the VIP lounges regardless)

Your baggage allowance will be 20Kilos. (also as above, as you are Gold card holders you are entitled to 30 Kilos of baggage)

You will check in at the Economy class counter.

You can pre allocate your seat.

 300 Economy Seats

The service in this cabin will remain the same.

:o

• 4 weeks later...

Some New Information for CA members ref

Route and awards starting 1st April..FYIO...

From 1 April, 2003, New Award Levels on the Routes of CI065/066 to/from Taipei-Bangkok-Amsterdam  

As from 1 April, 2003, China Airlines are introducing new configuration on our routes to/from Taipei-Bangkok-Amsterdam on flight no. CI065/066.

The new configuration will be Dynasty Class, Upper Class and Economy Class. Due to the new configuration, there will also be a change in award levels on the routes of CI065/066 to/from Taipei-Bangkok-Amsterdam from 1 April, 2003.

1.Upgrade Awards

The mileage required for upgrade awards are as follows:  

Booking Class Between Taipei and Bangkok (CI065/CI066)

Between Taipei/Bangkok and Amsterdam (CI065/CI066)

2003/4/1-2003/12/31

Award Code Non-Blackout Dates

Award Code Blackout Dates

Award Code

Upgrade from Economy Class to Upper Class I  

10,000  USCP  15,000 ULD 35,000 ULDA  

Upgrade from Upper Class to Dynasty Class U  

17,500  USFP  25,000 ULA 45,000 ULAA  

???

• 1 month later...

CHINA AIRWAYS>>>

A bit of Info for Gold Club members from your favourite airline

Free Upgrade Vouchers Promotion

Dear Gold Member,

Effective from the 01st June until the 31Oct 2003, we will be issuing our Gold members with 5 free one way upgrade vouchers!!!!!!!!!!!

The vouchers can be used on travel between the above dates.

The voucher entitles you to upgrade to the next class of service from which your reservation has already been made.

The vouchers will be non transferable and conditions will apply.

The vouchers and further information regarding this promotion will be sent to you directly from our Head Office in Taipei.

We would like to thank you all for your support over the past few months, and we look forward to welcoming you all on board again soon!

:o

:o   i will never travel with china air again.I travelled every year with them and was awarded an upgrade for my fidelity when it came to return from bkk at the check in i was told that although i had a comfirmed buisness class ticket[up graded] and the letter from china air they would not honour the up grade.  It cost me and my wife 358 pounds to fly back to the uk.  the china head office said  TUFF you dont get any money back.  so watch out for there customer care it might cost you a lot of money    edd

CA are doing exactly what KLM did 3 years ago because they could not sell 1st class seats to Bangkok they added around another 10 business class seats in the space.

In my veiw CA are pitching themselfs out of the areana and letting companies like EVA  come in and pinch customers.

Sev

:cool:

EDD..

I know what you mean....similar experience about 2 years ago....

I did however get an apology and have had free upgrades ever since ...so.......gotta compromise...

(Complaint-cut down)

Re: Bad Experience at China Air check in desk at Bangkok Airport on (date)

Basically everything surrounds and is with effect to the confrontation I had with your duty manager(little S..T) regarding my pre arranged request for upgrading utilising etc..

The paper upgrade was acceptable but the electronic one was not. He even checked and confirmed it on his PC but insisted that a.......

my wife and I had just spent an exceedingly exhaustive 3 weeks in various parts of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia and we were looking forward to a relaxing flight back to the UK.

Anyway to cut a long story short when he suggested that she (my wife) could travel in economy while I was upgraded I got very annoyed and told him what he could do with “his” paper upgrade re:Shove it where the monkey keeps its nuts.

I also “presented” (re chucked it) my gold card to him and suggested that he would benefit by contacting the airline and reading up on its travel polices regarding said electronic upgrades.

All in all a very sad situation I was annoyed, my wife upset, the other check in personnel looking embarissed, he had lost “face”and the many of other passengers were making loud comments mostly agreeing with me and ridiculing the airline…

Needless to say I felt let down by the company after so many years and had intended not to travel with C.A.again…however…. (and suggested something but had to tone it down with respect to recent crash)

Best Wishes

:o (actually felt better-TIT)