Today Some Sort Of Special Day?

buadhai

I figured something was unusual about today when the guy across the street from us didn't send his kids to school. This never happens.

We went to The Mall in Korat for lunch. The place is usually a ghost town on weekday mornings. But, today it was hopping; the normally-vacant parking lot full up a few floors.

Even the ATM's has people lined up.

Inside was jammed with people. The pool, usually empty on school days, was full of kids.

But, our kid, as well as others in the neighborhood, went to school as usual.

What's up?

I figured something was unusual about today when the guy across the street from us didn't send his kids to school. This never happens.

We went to The Mall in Korat for lunch. The place is usually a ghost town on weekday mornings. But, today it was hopping; the normally-vacant parking lot full up a few floors.

Even the ATM's has people lined up.

Inside was jammed with people. The pool, usually empty on school days, was full of kids.

But, our kid, as well as others in the neighborhood, went to school as usual.

What's up?

I dont know whats going on either , I will have to ask but did you see my baby in the stroller today at the mall ?

I dont know whats going on either , I will have to ask but did you see my baby in the stroller today at the mall ?

I'm sure I did. It's the one that can't talk or walk, right?

:o

Thats the one !! Probally had a little pink hat on

Our kid goes to Annuban Nakornratchasima, right next to the IT center, downtown, and she went to school. Of course, the school may have been closed and she made her way elsewhere....

Going now to pick her up!

Can't wait to hear the story.

Same story in Ubon Ratchathani, people everywhere. Couldnt even get a ticket to park at Tesco.

Apparently the prince was in town for the uni graduations. Around midday the main drag was packed with cars and the police were everywhere.

I was in Korat for the first day of a 4 day funeral. One of our VFW members passed away..may he RIP. His body was at Wat Po (spelling?) which is a 2 minute walk from the Pasinee. Anyway, the student nurses were in "full bloom" as they walked by the restaurant :o so apparently they didn't have the day off.

Turns out only some schools had the day off. Our kid attended, as usual.

But, it got worse as the day went on. We usually pick her up at the grandparents' shop around 5:30 PM. It's a 10K drive from our place to the shop. Usually takes about 15 minutes each way. Yesterday the highway was so jammed that the round trip took about an hour and a half. Just a standstill at times.

I had to drink two extra Chang just to calm down once we got home....

:o