Australian Murdered In Petchabun

Reported in yesterday's Thai Rath that an Australian, Ronald Wayne Martin was shot dead outside his rural home in Petchabun. The Thai gunman's wife had apparently absconded with another farang some time ago and he told police that he hated all farang and wanted to kill one. There is a photo of Martin's Thai wife pointing to the killer on the front page of yesterday's paper with the caption, Khaatakorn Rook Jit (Mentally Ill Murderer).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if we did the same...and the backlash against others.

Condolences to his wife and family, may he RIP

Hmmm like the Aussie that shot the American in Chang Mai, because he didnt like Yanks. He did 2 years I think, then deported.

But I agree it would be different if it was a Thai.

Edited by waza

I couldn't find said article on the paper's front page (available online). Can someone please confirm or correct:

Thai Rath = ไทยรัฐ

yesterday = Jan. 7th, 2011 ( 7 ม.ค. 2554, but I also checked 5th - 8th)

Khaatakorn Rook Jit = ฆาตกรโรคจิต

Am I blind, is the news a hoax, did I get something wrong or does Thai Rath localize some parts of the front page?

I couldn't find anything in Thairath online either but did find a little on the Channel 7 news.

Apparently the killer is a 39 year old man, Mr Wichet Phuchamkat นายวิเชษฐ์ ภู่จำกัด, from Patumthanee province with previous drug addiction problems. The murder took place on 04/01/11 and he was later arrested after fleeing back to his mother's house in Lam Luk Ka district in Patumthanee province, along with the seizure of an unlicensed handgun.

There's a video of him in police custody here:

http://www.ch7.com/news/news_thailand_detail.aspx?c=2&p=5&d=121119

I couldn't find anything in Thairath online either but did find a little on the Channel 7 news.

Thanks for the update.

It's a sad story indeed.

My condolence to the friends and family of the unlucky victim.

Going back many years I can remember when the first Indian immigrants arrived in England.

At first the very few that lived mostly in the big cities including London were mainly Indian restaurant owners and workers and was considered somewhat of a novelty and the native white population tolerated them and treated these people with respect.

Then during the 1970s the British government relaxed it`s policies on Immigration and suddenly brown people from all over South Asia and many from Uganda began immigrating to England in droves.

Then everything changed, the unions called for strikes fearing the loss of jobs to Asians and there was frequent and violent attacks on Asians including actual riots in many parts of the country.

My point is that I don`t believe the permitting of too many people of a different race and culture into a country is a good thing. It has been proven that multiculturalism doesn’t work and will lead to conflicts.

During my time here in Thailand I am seeing more and more farangs even in the most remote areas and as I see the situation, this can only cause problems for the farangs already living here, the same as what happened in the United Kingdom 40 years ago.

Going back many years I can remember when the first Indian immigrants arrived in England.

At first the very few that lived mostly in the big cities including London were mainly Indian restaurant owners and workers and was considered somewhat of a novelty and the native white population tolerated them and treated these people with respect.

Then during the 1970s the British government relaxed it`s policies on Immigration and suddenly brown people from all over South Asia and many from Uganda began immigrating to England in droves.

Then everything changed, the unions called for strikes fearing the loss of jobs to Asians and there was frequent and violent attacks on Asians including actual riots in many parts of the country.

My point is that I don`t believe the permitting of too many people of a different race and culture into a country is a good thing. It has been proven that multiculturalism doesn’t work and will lead to conflicts.

During my time here in Thailand I am seeing more and more farangs even in the most remote areas and as I see the situation, this can only cause problems for the farangs already living here, the same as what happened in the United Kingdom 40 years ago.

Agreed,

In my native country, many north african/turks, already 2nd generation, 3rd generation on its way and the tension can be felt strongly within the big cities. Soon the remote/urban area's will be subject to these immigrants as they are looking beyond the borders of the big(ger) cities and then things will could get worse. This is why rightwinged parties all over Europe are gaining and this will eventually also happen in Thailand, to protect their way of life and culture... If Thailand was not a developing country, it would have been much worse than what you see now...