Australian Murdered In Petchabun

Ned

Going back many years I can remember when the first Indian immigrants arrived in England.

At first the very few that lived mostly in the big cities including London were mainly Indian restaurant owners and workers and was considered somewhat of a novelty and the native white population tolerated them and treated these people with respect.

Then during the 1970s the British government relaxed it`s policies on Immigration and suddenly brown people from all over South Asia and many from Uganda began immigrating to England in droves.

Then everything changed, the unions called for strikes fearing the loss of jobs to Asians and there was frequent and violent attacks on Asians including actual riots in many parts of the country.

My point is that I don`t believe the permitting of too many people of a different race and culture into a country is a good thing. It has been proven that multiculturalism doesn't work and will lead to conflicts.

During my time here in Thailand I am seeing more and more farangs even in the most remote areas and as I see the situation, this can only cause problems for the farangs already living here, the same as what happened in the United Kingdom 40 years ago.

one thing to remember though is that resentment from the local white population was also due to the immigrants claiming benefits and also having a job that the British person could do. In Thailand these factors do not come into play. But if i was a Thai man maybe i would not like a farang with a thai woman, or the ''money'' a farang has. These could and do cause strong anti farang sentiments

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but I think we and Thai Visa are the victims of a hoax.

1. I Have researched all breaking news in the Nation and B Post for the past 5 days and there is not a single mention of this story yet there are plenty of accounts of other murders and abductions of westerners which did not even occur in Thailand.

2. I have extensively researched Google worldwide, Google Thailand ( for results in English and Thai)and Google Australia and there is no sign that such an Australian man with this name ever existed.

4. No cover up can be that effective in this day and age.

3. An American citizen bearing exactly the same name, (Ronald Wayne Martin), recently passed away in the USA and a condolence website has been opened. I venture to suggest that the name was lifted from this source.

If I am wrong - then I apologise, but I'd bet money that the OP is a troll. He started the thread twice under different names to enhance credibility.

What think you?

You maybe right and hope you are. I have searched all the Aussie media for a story and there is nothing. Normally if an Aussie is even injured overseas it makes the papers in Australia. If an Aussie is murdered it makes the 6 o'clock news but nothing.

Is this link and video a hoax to then ???? http://www.ch7.com/n...=2&p=5&d=121119

Sorry I don't know if that link is a hoax I can't read thai. Do you have an English transalation? What is the video about

Sorry for the terrible translation but this is what google throws up.

This villain is Mr Chet Phu 39 years of age were arrested at the home of the mother at Lam Luk Ka. Pathum Thani Province. Police to control the proceedings before the Police Station. Bung Samphan Phetchabun province. Hold no brief with a shotgun registration number. The shoot, Mr. Ronald Wayne Martin, age 59, Australian Married to Thai women. Wikipedia free e Chi villa No. 20 / 1 Moo 3, Tambon Wang Pikul Bung Samphan district on 4.

Last January before fleeing to find a mother Pathum Thani Province.

From the investigation it was found that the accused had neurological symptoms. And was hooked before. The story does not have or know much about the death BeforeTransfer. But hate the foreigners are the cause.

My apologies, I have now seen the Channel 7 video and there is no doubt that a man alleged to be an Australian citizen called Martin was killed in Petchabun on 7th January.

Stoneyboy's translation is good enough to get the gist of what is alleged to have taken place.

I am even more amazed than ever that this story has not been taken up by the Thai English language press and the foreign press.

Edited by Mobi

About 15 years ago there was a shooting in Chiang mai, as follows:

- Shooter was a policeman who rushed into CM airport and shot the first farang he saw, who was standing in line to check-in neither party had ever seen each other before.

- Farang was seriously wounded but not life threathening, had to be hospitalized for a few days

- Newspaper reports indicated that the policeman was asked why he rushed into the airport and shot the first farang he saw

- Policeman said that he shot the farang becuase he discovered his minor wife was having an affair with a farang, and decided to shoot the first farang he saw as some form of retribution

- Asked whther he thought it was 'fair' to shoot someone unknown because of the actions of a different person, his reply was, 'it doesn't matter because it's just a farang'

- Policemans superior officer was also interviewed and was asked about the behaviors and attitudes of the offending officer

- Superior said, 'I agree with him, it's a farang so it doesn't matter'

- Never heard anything further

Edited by scorecard

If you really observe your surroundings,we arn't really liked here,we are tollerated , don't bite the hand that feeds you, it may sound hard, but it is so sad that Thailands dislike for farangs is a growing trend,i know this opens a large can of worms,but observe,,back to the point, there, are dickheads all over the world,shooting inocent bystanders, RIP mate.

FARANG

I have tried to explain this word in this forum but someone (I think with the name Chonburi) deleted it from the forum. It is history – Thai history that is – and there are always people that object to history that is not glorifying. Oh well, such is the life of a Researcher Without Borders. (RWB)

I hate to say it, but I think we and Thai Visa are the victims of a hoax.

1. I Have researched all breaking news in the Nation and B Post for the past 5 days and there is not a single mention of this story yet there are plenty of accounts of other murders and abductions of westerners which did not even occur in Thailand.

2. I have extensively researched Google worldwide, Google Thailand ( for results in English and Thai)and Google Australia and there is no sign that such an Australian man with this name ever existed.

4. No cover up can be that effective in this day and age.

3. An American citizen bearing exactly the same name, (Ronald Wayne Martin), recently passed away in the USA and a condolence website has been opened. I venture to suggest that the name was lifted from this source.

If I am wrong - then I apologise, but I'd bet money that the OP is a troll. He started the thread twice under different names to enhance credibility.

What think you?

It might help if you read post 10 in this thread:

I couldn't find anything in Thairath online either but did find a little on the Channel 7 news.

Apparently the killer is a 39 year old man, Mr Wichet Phuchamkat นายวิเชษฐ์ ภู่จำกัด, from Patumthanee province with previous drug addiction problems. The murder took place on 04/01/11 and he was later arrested after fleeing back to his mother's house in Lam Luk Ka district in Patumthanee province, along with the seizure of an unlicensed handgun.

There's a video of him in police custody here:

http://www.ch7.com/news/news_thailand_detail.aspx?c=2&p=5&d=121119

Going back many years I can remember when the first Indian immigrants arrived in England.

At first the very few that lived mostly in the big cities including London were mainly Indian restaurant owners and workers and was considered somewhat of a novelty and the native white population tolerated them and treated these people with respect.

Then during the 1970s the British government relaxed it`s policies on Immigration and suddenly brown people from all over South Asia and many from Uganda began immigrating to England in droves.

Then everything changed, the unions called for strikes fearing the loss of jobs to Asians and there was frequent and violent attacks on Asians including actual riots in many parts of the country.

My point is that I don`t believe the permitting of too many people of a different race and culture into a country is a good thing. It has been proven that multiculturalism doesn’t work and will lead to conflicts.

During my time here in Thailand I am seeing more and more farangs even in the most remote areas and as I see the situation, this can only cause problems for the farangs already living here, the same as what happened in the United Kingdom 40 years ago.

Bettle,

You have quite obviously never been to the United States, where multiculturalism is a way of life.

For Example, California went from a state that was predominantly 'European' (***) to a State that is now 51% ethnic, yet people in most towns intermix without problems... I lived in one neighborhood for 18 years, with Mexican Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans and both Indians and Native Americans, all living on the same street. The only complications ever requiring Police assistance seemed to be situations of one ethnic group upon their own members.

*** The stars are for me to remind everyone that predominently men moved to places like Canada, the US and Australia - usually a ten to one relationship of men to women. Therefore, most Americans, Canadians and Australians have some local ethnic ancestry...

My point is that I don`t believe the permitting of too many people of a different race and culture into a country is a good thing. It has been proven that multiculturalism doesn't work and will lead to conflicts.

Maybe you'd better leave then and help reduce the pressure...

"It has been proven that multiculturalism doesn’t work and will lead to conflicts." Maybe in the UK, but Canada is an example of a peaceful multicultural society. Yeah, there were growing pains in the 70s as in Britain - though Canadians, being a somewhat less warlike people than the Brits, we didn't have fully-fledged riots - mostly harassment and social ostracism. But it all simmered down after afew years when the ever-tolerant white people slowly realised that they weren't being invaded by hordes of apes who intended to take over their country.

So what proof can you show that multiculturalism "doesn't work"? Is that based on any sort of relevant study, or is it just something you pulled out the hat based on your own observations?

Maybe he's thinking of, say, Yugoslavia - possible the ultimate proof. People need to realize the world isn't just about English speaking nations. Having said that, I suspect Aboriginal people would cite Australia as a good example too...since they were largely wiped out and they hardly get a good deal nowadays.

But I do think some nations and ethnic groups integrate better than others - to make sweeping generalisations is probably wrong.

I am not sure as to where you come from,but i am guessing you are a from the UK,can you please to explain to me why the continued influx of new Expats to Thailand should have such an adverse effect of those already living here,do you feel you have more right to live in the Kingdom as you have been here longer ?,seems to me that is what you are saying and infact appear to be rather up the arse that your bonfire has been pissed on by others reaping what you have for years.

Edited by stoneyboy

RIP Aussie guy its all part of living in Thailand i suppose.

But thanks to the American who claims Multiculturism has worked there you made me laugh please take your head out the sand, its pretty much the same in Canada aswell .... but to infer its just because Brits are full of anger as one obvious racist commented is laughable.

Beetlejuice has a point that we whiteys are more and more noticeable no matter where you go in Thailand, farang taking the wife of a Thai is going to cause resentment, im sure its happened 1000s of times before.

RIP too, to say this incident is a pisser is putting it mildly!.

Bung Sampan Amphur is next to ours, there are a few Aussies at the market crowd at Wichien on Thursdays plus some at the Golf club in Phetchabun city, they might have known him.

Though I have not heard of him, saying that, there are stacks of ex-pats/foreign visitors just now.

One post containing a reference to HM the King has been removed from view. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

Another post with derogatory comments towards Thais and Asians in general as well as being completely off topic has been removed from view as well as a reply to it.

If you really observe your surroundings,we arn't really liked here,we are tollerated , don't bite the hand that feeds you, it may sound hard, but it is so sad that Thailands dislike for farangs is a growing trend,i know this opens a large can of worms,but observe,,back to the point, there, are dickheads all over the world,shooting inocent bystanders, RIP mate.

FARANG

I have tried to explain this word in this forum but someone (I think with the name Chonburi) deleted it from the forum. It is history – Thai history that is – and there are always people that object to history that is not glorifying. Oh well, such is the life of a Researcher Without Borders. (RWB)

Maybe you should explain it to the Thais...lol...Don't hang on a word, <deleted>,dago,wop,nigger,coon,ffarang,oreigner etc...

Amazingly ignorant posting. Not the slightest smidgen of self-awareness here! Here is an immigrant (I assume) to Thailand telling us all how bad immigration can be for the host country. Certainly your posting "proves" that English education "doesn't work" and will lead to a weird form of cultural blindness.

There's none so blind as those who cannot see.

"It has been proven"?????

The fact is that Thailand is a mishmash of different races, Thai, Lao, Mon, Chinese, Indian and Malay, all of which have been very successfully integrated with the notable exception of the Malay muslims in the South.

Edited by sbk
flame removed-mind your manners

FARANG

Please don't start another thread on this again, your upset " Jingthing " he has already explained it full please do a search.:whistling:

multiculturalism doesn't work

I see one person giving as prove that it works in Thailand by naming the different races making up the Thai nation, all races named all are of the Asian stock, and even then I find friction between them.

One in the forum talks about California and says it is 51% ethnic, maybe so were the writer is from. My experience with CA is different.

I stay to myself, and do not get myself involved in other races’ personal life, and do not play stinky finger with their women.

My years of experience working with foreign races, when they loaded up with alcohol the animosity surfaces which often turns into fighting.

Ever read the book Lady of Isan the guy was convinced the woman’s father loved him, till one day at a party the girl's father got plastered with Mekong and told he Isan party guest he was going to kill the farang.

The book has a lot of good info for all who are convinced they know and understand the Thai people. Andrew Hicks also did write a couple books about the subject.

Edited by sbk

Can this be moved to the Central Thailand forum as it's a local issue that should be of interest to expats in that area.

Hmmm, a expat shooting another expat over a thai wife or G/F is a LOCAL issue?:D

Please, explain...:blink: I must be really dense...

Correction to your post...................It was a Thai guy that shot the Australian not another expat.

Seeing as Phetchabun is located in Central Thailand it makes sence to move the post to the Central Thailand forum of Thai visa as expats that log into that forum from Phetchabun and the surrounding area might have known the poor guy and have some decent input.

Local knowledge can be worth it's weight in gold more so when the media is instructed to sweep it under the carpet.

Edited by nam-thip

A very minor point in such a tragic event, but some say that Phetchabun is a northern province, well Thai Meteorological Department and Wikipedia being two!.

Decide for yourselves.

post-44176-0-81038000-1294661542_thumb.p

Her indoors is from phetchabun and insists that Phetchabun is in Central Thailand so who am i to argue.

Petchabun is indeed in Northern Thailand, Northern Thailand starts fairly close to (but 200m north of) Bangkok.

My 'her indoors' also comes from Petchabun and insists she is Northern Thai.

Petchabun is the strip next to Isaan and above Central.

Thailand_Regions.jpg

And as the previous posters seem to be getting all heated up about multiculturalism, can I point out that many are confusing this with race and skin colour.

People can be the same culture but different races and skin colours.

Cultural integration is the best way forward for many countries, it does create peace and harmony.

Multiculturalism always creates conflicts in the community.

The Thai government has always been forcing integration on it's assorted peoples, hence the teaching of one language of central Thai in the schools.

Edited by pjclark1

Petchabun, the Switzerland of Thailand - seems like it also houses mountain men of dubious prejudices although this has to be an isolated case especially if the man was drug affected. Look at the number of 'killings' across US, UK, Australia related to race. I think one here and there is Thailand is pretty much expected in places like Pattaya, Phuket and the normal sleazy areas but not in Petchabun. Sad nonetheless.

Can this be moved to the Central Thailand forum as it's a local issue that should be of interest to expats in that area.

If this story is true, and I am not for one minute suggesting that it isn't - why hasn't anyone succeeded in finding any English language press reporting the details? Surely the Nation and B Post would have covered this story as well as Aussie press?

If someone can find a relevant press clipping, then this story properly belongs in the 'Thailand News' forum where it will get the widest possible coverage and we can follow developments in the police case.

Failing that, I can't for the life of me understand why it was removed from the general forum. Surely most TV members who read the Central Thailand forum will also read the general forum, and not the other way round?

This is a tragedy that is of interest to every farang in Thailand, regardless of where they live, and it should not be moved to a 'minority' forum where the readership is commensurately low.

And finally, once again - why isn't there any press on this? Do I smell a rat?

Thais shooting innocent farangs isnt good for business. So better not to report it ( Bangkok Post or Nation ) or bury it if news does leak out (Thaivisa)

thank goodness these are the exceptions and not the rule

if it bleeds, it leads

why do i even bother reading these

morbid fascination

human nature

maybe to avoid making the same mistakes

Unfortunately these exceptions continue to occur... The basic of the story is "he didn't like farangs", and that is something heard more and more. It's getting frightening here... :(:(:(

A request to the Mods: Is it possible to open a separate thread for discussion and speculation thread on the case (in General topics or maybe even Farang Pub) to allow this thread to emphasize on facts and condolence. There are many points around the story that may be worth discussing, but are not helpful to friends, neighbors and family.

RIP

Some speculations:

I think this is definately a hoax topic and never happened or he was Austrian and not an Aussie. Austrian and Australian would sound the same to a thai

Police (see below) gives his name as นายโรนัลด์ เวย์น มาร์ติน (Mr. Ronald Wayne Martin?), which is an unlikely (though not impossible) name for an Austrian.

Some facts:

On their forum, Bueng Samphan Police has published a pictorial report on the apprehension of the suspect. I will not add a direct link to protect people with a weak stomach (esp. friends and family) from unwittingly seeing a particular image that explicitly depicts the head-wound. If you are curious and not faint of heart, you can go to bungsamphan phetchabun police go th and look for a message published on 06 ม.ค. 2554 (Jan, 6th 2011) with the topic แถลงข่าว... (in a few weeks from now you will have to click อ่านข่าวทั้งหมด first). In the message there is a link to the more detailed report (which contains said horrifying image).

Here's google translate rendering of the text (no images). Some passages are badly translated, but the overall picture should be correct. I underlined some dubious translations and added remarks in {braces}.

เมื่อวันที่ 6 มกราคม 2554 พล.ต.ต.ทวีชัย วิริยะโกศล รอง ผบช.ภ.6 พล.ต.ต.ชวลิต ชาญเวชช์ ผบก.ภ.จว.เพชรบูรณ์ พ.ต.อ.ปริญญา วิศิษฐฎากุล รอง ผบก.ภ.จว.เพชรบูรณ์ พ.ต.อ.สมพร ทองรอด ผกก.สภ.บึงสามพัน On January 6, 2554 Pol.Maj.Gen Thaweechai persistence Kosol Vice ผbc.p. 6 Pol.Maj.Gen Chavalit Expert patch ผbu.p.hy. Phetchabun police colonel degree Wisit ฐ Asada Kun, vice ผbu.p.hy. Phetchabun police colonel survived Somporn gold ผuu.sp. Bung Samphan. ได้จัดแถลงข่าวการจับกุม ผู้ต้องหาคดีฆ่านายโรนัลด์ เวย์น มาร์ติน ชาวออสเตรเลีย Organized a press conference the arrest of the accused case kill Ronald Wayne Martin, Australian คดีนี้สื่อมวลชนและประชาชนให้ความสนใจเป็นพิเศษเนื่องจาก ผู้ตายเป็นชาวต่างประเทศ This case the media and public interest especially since the death of a foreigner.

เมื่อวันที่ 4 มกราคม 2554 เวลาประมาณ 19.00 น. นายโรนัลด์ เวย์น มาร์ติน อายุ 59 ปี ชาวออสเตรเลีย On January 4, 2554 at approximately 19:00 pm Mr. Ronald Wayne Martin, age 59, Australian และเป็นสามีของผู้กล่าวหาในคดีนี้และพักอาศัยอยู่ที่บ้าน ที่เกิดเหตุ And is the husband of the accused {accusant} in this case and is staying at home {living} at the scene. ได้ขับขี่รถยนต์กระบะ Was driving pickup ยี่ห้อโตโยต้า Toyota brand. หมายเลขทะเบียน xx-xxxx เพชรบูรณ์ กลับจากทำธุระที่ตลาดในหมู่บ้าน Registration number xx-xxxx Phetchabun back from doing business in the village market. เมื่อขับขี่รถยนต์กลับถึงบริเวณหน้าบ้านพัก When driving back to the home page. ได้มีคนร้ายที่ซุ่มอยู่บริเวณหน้าบ้านใช้อาวุธปืนลูกซอง ยิงนายโรนัลด์ เวย์น มาร์ติน จำนวน 1 นัด The ambush was the villain in front of the house, armed shotgun shooting, Mr. Ronald Wayne Martin, of an appointment {one bullet round}

ระสุนปืนถูกที่บริเวณ ศีรษะด้านขวา จำนวน 1 แห่ง ได้รับบาดเจ็บล้มลงอยู่ที่พื้นดินข้างประตูรถยนต์ด้านขวา Cartridge is at the head of the right of an injured falling on the ground beside the car door on the right. และคนร้ายได้หลบหนีไป And criminals fled. ญาติได้ช่วยเหลือนำตัวนายโรนัลด์ เวย์น มาร์ติน ส่งโรงพยาบาลบึงสามพัน Relatives helped bring Mr. Ronald Wayne Martin, the hospital Bung Samphan. ปรากฏว่านายโรนัลด์ เวย์นมาร์ติน ได้ถึงแก่ความตาย Appears {revealed} that Mr. Ronald Wayne Martin, has died

เมื่อได้รับแจ้งเหตุ เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจ นำโดย พ.ต.อ.สมพร ทองรอด ผกก.ฯ พ.ต.ท.ไพฑูรย์ สังข์ทอง รอง ผกก.สส.ฯ พ.ต.ท.ภูเบศ แสงอร่าม รอง ผกก.ป.ฯ พ.ต.ท.ศุภณัฏฐ์ นามนรเศรษฐ์ พงส.ฯจึงรีบไปที่เกิดเหตุ Upon notification by the police to police colonel survived Somporn Gold's chief Col Paitoon Sangthong Vice ผuu.ss. Col. Pooebs light illuminated the secondary ผuu.p. Col Supachai's name Nat Nrnesrษฐt Poongs.'s so hurried to the scene

จากการสืบสวนสอบสวนใน เบื้องต้น From the initial investigation. มีพยานหลักฐานยืนยันว่า Have evidence to confirm that ก่อนเกิดเหตุได้พบเห็นนายวิเชษฐ์ ภู่กำจัด ผู้ต้องหาเดินวนเวียนอยู่บริเวณถนนหน้าบ้านที่เกิดเหตุ Before the accident had seen Mr Poo Chet eliminate {probably gamchat -'eliminate' is part of his name, Mr. Wichet Poogamchat?} suspects in the vicious street walking home at the scene. และหลังเกิดเหตุได้หลบหนีออกจากหมู่บ้านไป After the accident and fled from the village.

วันที่ 5 ม.ค.ฯพ.ต.อ.ปริญญา วิศิษฐฎากุล รอง ผบก.ภ.จว.เพชรบูรณ์ Day 5 Am.c.ฯpo.e.o. degree Wisit ฐ Asada Kun, vice ผbu.p.hy. Phetchabun ร่วมกับเจ้าหน้าที่ วิทยาการและพนักงานสอบสวนได้ร่วมกันตรวจที่เกิดเหตุ Science staff and officers with the joint examination of the incident. และสึบสวนสอบสวนจนเชื่อได้ ว่านายวิเชษฐ์ฯน่าจะเป็นคนร้ายในคดีนี้ Fujitsu and home and garden {???} questioned believed that Mr Chet seems to be the villain in this case.

เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจสภ.บึงสาม พัน Police a pharmacist. Bung Samphan. จึงได้เดินทางติดตามไปที่ บ้านเลขที่ 1/39 หมู่ที่1 ต.คูคด อ.ลำลูกกา จว.ปทุมธานี ซึ่งเป็นที่นายวิเชษฐ์ฯอาศัยอยู่ในปัจจุบันกับมารดา Has traveled to the home track No. 1 / 39 Moo 1, Tambon Khu Khot, Amphur Lam Luk Ka Hy. Pathum Thani, which is Mr Chet has lived with the mother present. พบนายวิเชษฐ์ฯอยู่บ้านและได้ตรวจพบอาวุธปืนลูกซองพกสั้น ขนาด 12 พร้อมปลอกกระสุน 1 ปลอก กระสุนขนาดเดียวกันอีก 1นัด Found Mr Chet's home and found weapons, a shotgun with a 12 carry a short-sleeve shelling a shot the other one the same size shots.

นายวิเชษฐ์ฯรับว่าเป็นผู้ ใช้อาวุธดังกล่าวยิงผู้ตาย Mr Chet has been the use of weapons such as shot dead สาเหตุเนื่องมาจากไม่ชอบชาวฝรั่ง(คนต่างชาติ) เป็นเหตุผลส่วนตัว Caused due to people not like foreigners (foreigners) to personal reasons. จึงได้นำตัวนายวิเชษฐ์ฯมาที่ สภ.บึงสามพัน เพื่อสอบสวนเพิ่มเติม Has taken Mr Chet at the Police Station. Bung Samphan for further investigation

วันที่ 6 ม.ค.2554พนักงานสอบสวนได้นำตัวผู้ต้องหาไปนำชี้ที่เกิดเหตุประกอบการรับ สารภาพ On 6 January 2554 officers have taken to bring the accused to the crime scene point of confession.

นายวิเชษฐ์ฯนำชี้ที่เกิด เหตุและเส้นทางหลบหนี Mr Chet's the point of the incident and escape routes. {this is the caption of image taken during re-enactment}

.....ในการจับกุมตัวนาย วิเชษฐ์ ภู่กำจัด ผู้ต้องหาในครั้งนี้ ...... To arrest Mr Chet Phu eliminate {s.a.} this suspect. เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจทุกนายได้ทุ่มเทและตั้งใจปฏิบัติหน้าที่ จนสามารถสืบสวนสอบสวน Police said the dedication and commitment to duty until the investigation. ติดตามจับกุมผู้ต้องหาได้ด้วยความรวดเร็ว Track with the quick arrest of the accused. โดยได้ทำการจับกุมตัวผู้ต้องหาได้ภายในเวลา 24 ชม. หลังจากรับแจ้งเหตุ We have an arrested suspect within 24 hours after notification.

The story seems a bit strange because the press reports say the killer didn't know either the victim or his wife, but yet witnesses say he was was waiting outside their house for some time and shot him with a single shot to the head when the couple returned at 7pm from the market in their pick-up truck.

The photo of the crime scene outside the couple's house on the bungsamphan police website shows a dark road with no street lighting, with the killer reported as firing a single fatal shot the moment the victim got out of his car.