Chiang Rai Police Double Standard

TacoBoy

Yes, you must carry your passport at all times.

When I lived in Lao I used to carry mine in my back pocket like a wallet and wore the barcode off necessitating an expensive replacement; but when I moved here a local policeman told me a photocopy of the front page was quite sufficient.

I’ve always found the Thai Drivers License has been enough, especially now that they have your passport number on it as your ID number. I do keep a photocopy of the passport too when on the bike, however.

Can’t say that I can remember paying any bribes in my 35+ years in Thailand. I do remember purchasing my first driving license and paying an ‘expediter’ for the required tax clearances to leave the country back then. I have always found life here to be quite easy going, on the whole.

Admittedly, early on one can be filled with dread as everything is new and different, but I found that passes with time and experience.

I find the challenges help keep me mentally active and my life exciting.

A lot of people give up at my age, they get lazy and go into a "God's Waiting Room" state of mind.

When ever anyone in Australia tells me how bored they are I always suggest moving to another country. :lol::)B)

Only 25 posts and already so pi##ed off. May I suggest that when the BIB throw you out of the Farang establishment you simply go to a cheaper Thai establishment and carry on as normal. Much less stress and worry ;):D

It aint rocket science now is it :o

The Topic was about Chiang Rai Bars only. Not about the BIB (boys in brown) in general. I as most, do not have any real problems about the BIB. Just pointing out an obvious inequity of bar times. The early closures have drastically increased the last 3 years.

But it is understood that TIT.

Don't try to guess a topic poster's time in the LOS by the amount of posts. Many expts do not blog here.

We are guests in this country (stated ad nauseum)

n.

• One who is a recipient of hospitality at the home or table of another.
  • One to whom entertainment or hospitality has been extended by another in the role of host or hostess, as at a party.
  • One who pays for meals or accommodations at a restaurant, hotel, or other establishment; a patron.
  • A distinguished visitor to whom the hospitality of an institution, city, or government is extended.
  • A visiting performer, speaker, or contestant, as on a radio or television program.
  • Zoology. A commensal organism, especially an insect that lives in the nest or burrow of another species.

Lots of variables, but no TIT's.