BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
TacoBoy

Chiang Rai Police Double Standard

"if you want to bore the rest of us and stay up boozing half the night, then I suggest you go to bed early, rise early and enjoy the pleasures of the sunset and early morning mists -Best time of the day here."

I like to go out chasing the ladys and boozing. :rolleyes: same as you.

11:00 pm is hardly half the night :P

I do go to bed early. At about 8:00am :lol:

Early morning mists and sunrises are enjoyed just before going to sleep B)

sunsets are enjoyed after waking from hybernation :D

Don't be so critical of others who are just blowing off steam. Sorry, was thinking with "My other Head" after something similar to coitis interuptus by the boys in brown who decided to interrupt a nice encounter way way before closing time. :o

This is Thailand, and yes we do have to deal with it. But when it is openly applied unfairly, sometimes one gets upset. :jap:

There are many fine people, life, and bars in this town and I agree :jap: I never said otherwise. Just venting about the earlier than normal uncalled for closing on that night when all the local venues were left alone and open til their normal 4 or 5am.

All of us know why. It is a non-spoken fact :ph34r:

Welcome to the forum anyway, we occasionally get "nightlife" inquiries from intending visitors but must of us here are stay-at-home old married men. (Including lannaman, don't let him tell you different!) :lol:

You can be our resident expert in this department. B)

Welcome to the forum anyway, we occasionally get "nightlife" inquiries from intending visitors but must of us here are stay-at-home old married men. (Including lannaman, don't let him tell you different!) :lol:

Ahhh Yes. Think I know this Wine loving married man. That is why I found the reply so HILLARIOUS :lol:

Maybe Mr L would be happy if I quit frequenting a particular bar :o or the many places that I do encounter him :D

This topic brought out some funny replies from some known souls. :rolleyes:

You seem to think you know us all?

Sometimes it's good fun trying to put board names to faces around town but I've found the people I do meet seldom match my mental image of them.

You seem to think you know us all?

Sometimes it's good fun trying to put board names to faces around town but I've found the people I do meet seldom match my mental image of them.

I never claimed to know all. But I do know a COUPLE of the members that replied. That is why I made the comment that I found it funny knowing who some of them are. B)

Well you can probably see from my avatar that my real name is Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez.

There's a bit more grey in the moustache since that photo was take though.

(I've switched to a Glock as well). B)

Ahhh Yes. Think I know this Wine loving married man. That is why I found the reply so HILLARIOUS :lol:

Maybe Mr L would be happy if I quit frequenting a particular bar :o or the many places that I do encounter him :D

Wine Loving and married too. Should be a law against it.

Chiang Rai is a small town Taco, seems most of us know most of us on here.

We had a thread on it a few weeks ago.

I bet you know Sunny Delight, I'm still not convinced your not the same person :D

Ah ha. So it was the 2.00 a.m. post after all. Happy to hear you have settled down. So, CR is a fine little town after all, isn't it?

If you don't wake up until the sun is going down, you wouldn't be able to make it to the potluck. However, if you find yourself getting up early on that day, come join us. You're likely to meet a whole slew of the posters from this forum and I haven't met a bad one yet. Except me.

"if you want to bore the rest of us and stay up boozing half the night, then I suggest you go to bed early, rise early and enjoy the pleasures of the sunset and early morning mists -Best time of the day here."

I like to go out chasing the ladys and boozing. :rolleyes: same as you.

11:00 pm is hardly half the night :P

I do go to bed early. At about 8:00am :lol:

Early morning mists and sunrises are enjoyed just before going to sleep B)

sunsets are enjoyed after waking from hybernation :D

Don't be so critical of others who are just blowing off steam. Sorry, was thinking with "My other Head" after something similar to coitis interuptus by the boys in brown who decided to interrupt a nice encounter way way before closing time. :o

This is Thailand, and yes we do have to deal with it. But when it is openly applied unfairly, sometimes one gets upset. :jap:

There are many fine people, life, and bars in this town and I agree :jap: I never said otherwise. Just venting about the earlier than normal uncalled for closing on that night when all the local venues were left alone and open til their normal 4 or 5am.

All of us know why. It is a non-spoken fact :ph34r:

Wine Loving and married too. Should be a law against it.

Chiang Rai is a small town Taco, seems most of us know most of us on here.

We had a thread on it a few weeks ago.

I bet you know Sunny Delight, I'm still not convinced your not the same person :D

Don't insult Sunny Delight comparing him to me. I heard he is a more "Handsome Man" than me.

Not one in the same , or even related (I don't think) :)

"Ah ha. So it was the 2.00 a.m. post after all. Happy to hear you have settled down. So, CR is a fine little town after all, isn't it?

If you don't wake up until the sun is going down, you wouldn't be able to make it to the potluck. However, if you find yourself getting up early on that day, come join us. You're likely to meet a whole slew of the posters from this forum and I haven't met a bad one yet. Except me."

Couldn't resist replying with the Vampire type response :lol:

A vampire can still enjoy sunrise and sunsets B)

I'll see if Igore can leave my cave unlocked the day of the Potluck.

Some times when I read these forums I think that I live in a different Thailand.

In the few years I have lived here I have NEVER paid a policeman, never been harassed by the ChiangRai police, or any other official.

I have applied for most of the things that you need - license, visa extensions, local government paperwar, an occasional misunderstanding with the language sorted out politely?????

Chaing Rai is a good place to live maybe its better to move on if you dont fit in.

Some times when I read these forums I think that I live in a different Thailand.

In the few years I have lived here I have NEVER paid a policeman, never been harassed by the ChiangRai police, or any other official.

I have applied for most of the things that you need - license, visa extensions, local government paperwar, an occasional misunderstanding with the language sorted out politely?????

Chaing Rai is a good place to live maybe its better to move on if you dont fit in.

Ditto. I have had a couple of 200 baht fines when passing through one of the check-points in town when not wearing a helmet (fair enough) and both times the policeman actually involved apologised for having to give me a ticket! But if I'm wearing a helmet they just wave me through and never check my documents like they do the Thais.

And there was an occasion a couple of years ago I was in a popular bar close to where I live where a lot of the students hang out when about 10 police came to check there were no underage drinkers, I thought they'd ignore my visiting friend and I as we were both well over the age limit but they didn't and, as we didn't have any ID, they chucked us in the back of their pick-up too and off to the station we went. My friend was pretty worried and ranted on about his human rights being violated but it turned out that foreigners are required to carry ID at all times (did you know that?) which is why we were taken as well. But as soon as my wife arrived with our passports they let us go and our Chang were still on our table when we got back to the bar.