Thai Jokes

Neeranam

ผู้หญิงอายุน้อยกับผู้หญิงมีอายุแล้ว เวลาฉี่ก็เตกต่างอย่างไร

ผู้หญิงอายุน้อยฉิบฉี่ฉิบฉี่

แตผู้หญิงมีอายุแล้วฉี่ฉิบฉี่ฉิบ

Steve mate, :o

Keep them coming please.

Another variation of BambinA's joke.

Q -Phee arai thee Pooh Ying chop mak?? ( Spoonerism)

ผีอะไร ที่ผู้หญิงชอบมาก

Ans

-Phee jup Hua ผีจับหัว = pau jub ??? will I be banned If I write the hor heep sara e

word ??? :o

Gai song kah mee gee dtua? mee took dtua! 

I'm told this is more of a riddle than a joke.... the way it's worded most poeple would instinctivly answer " only one " ( chicken has 2 legs )

as they are concentrating on the dtua ( body ) part of the question, so say only one (as the chicken only has one body)

When in fact the question is about the legs and every chicken has 2 legs. ( well most of them have 2 ) so the answer should be every chicken .

Poeple laugh because they feel a bit foolish about falling for the misleading question.

Gai song kah mee gee dtua? mee took dtua! 

I'm told this is more of a riddle than a joke.... the way it's worded most poeple would instinctivly answer " only one " ( chicken has 2 legs )

as they are concentrating on the dtua ( body ) part of the question, so say only one (as the chicken only has one body)

When in fact the question is about the legs and every chicken has 2 legs. ( well most of them have 2 ) so the answer should be every chicken .

Poeple laugh because they feel a bit foolish about falling for the misleading question.

The way the question is phrased demonstrates a common construction in Thai, called 'topicalization' in Linguistics terminology. It is more commonly used in Thai than in many Indo-European languages.

Example: Instead of saying what perhaps feels most natural to an English speaker:

Mee Coke mai khrap?

you will often hear Thai people say:

Coke, mee mai khrap?

This is topicalization - you break the normal word order in order to highlight the most important word of the phrase.

If you asked:

Mee gai song khaa gee tua?

this joke would not work.

Keep joking. :o

My uncle loves this sort of humour, but I cannot offhand remember many of the jokes he comes out with (and it is about 100 jokes per night) :o

So here is one you can use when talking if a bit tired....

เหนื่อยมาก นอนไม่ได้ ตาแข็ง

pause and wait for the sighs of concern......

ยายมีความสุข

ok, maybe not my best work, but the best I can recall for now.

Pee sahm baht ผีสามบาท

Does this have a double meaning that I'm missing?

Or is it just a crap joke?

Pee sahm baht is a famous Thai ghost movie as Neeranam said, because this ghost is well-known so it's used for this joke . The meaning for this joke is this ghost has only Three Baht which is not enough to pay for the bus fares.

Edited by yoot

My uncle loves this sort of humour, but I cannot offhand remember many of the jokes he comes out with (and it is about 100 jokes per night) :o 

So here is one you can use when talking if a bit tired....

เหนื่อยมาก  นอนไม่ได้  ตาแข็ง 

pause and wait for the sighs of concern......

ยายมีความสุข

ok, maybe not my best work, but the best I can recall for now.

Have I got this right... This is a play on the words "dtaakaeng" together and "dtaa" and "kaeng" seperately, right..? :D

totster :D

I heard one today which was pretty bad, it went something like -

"pom seu yaa meuwan, paeng maak 40,000 baht."

to which I replied,

"wow, yaa arai?"

and got the punchline

yaa maha  :o  :D

any better ones?

I've got a pretty bad Thai joke too :D

ผมมาอยู่กรุงเทพตอนต้นปี เดือนที่หนึ่งมีบ้าน และเดือนที่สองมีรถ รู้มั้ยว่าเดือนที่สามมีอะไร?

มีนาคมไง! :D:D

• 3 months later...

พยาบาลเเก่ๆ เข้าเวรดูเเลคนไข้ให้กินยา ปูผ้าที่นอนให้ใหม่ เเม้กระทั่งเช็ดตัวทำความสะอาดให้ เสร็จงานเเล้วกลับมาคุยให้เพื่อนพยาบาลฟัง

พยาบาลเเก่ :' คนไข้ชายเเก่เตียงโน้นมีรอยสักที่อวัยวะเพศด้วย'

พยาบาลคนอื่นๆ:' เเกสักว่าอย่างไร' (ถามด้วยความสนใจเเละอยากรู้)

พยาบาลเเก่:'เเกสักว่า 'สุนี' '

ทุกคนอยากรู้อยากเห็นบ้างวันต่อมาพยาบาลสาวเข้าเวรจึงตรวจสอบว่าจริงหรือไม่ ก็ปฏิบัติเหมือนเดิม คือให้คนไข้กินยา ปรับผ้าปูที่นอน เเละเช็ดตัว ทำความสะอาดร่างกายทั่งตัว พอกลับมาถึงห้องพักเพื่อนๆ ก็มาถามว่าคนไข้ชายแก่คนนั้น สักคำว่า'สุนี' ไว้ที่อวัยวะเพศจริงหรือไม่

พยานาลสาว:' ฉันไม่เห็นเลย'สุนี' น่ะ เห็นแค่ 'สุราษฏร็ธานี'

Merry Christmas all, apologies to the moderators for being a bit naughty but I thought Bambi might like this joke.

In a similar vein, here's another slighty risque one I came across recently:

ศอกเจ้าชู้

ชายผู้หนึ่งอยู่ในห้องโถงของโรงแรม เขาต้องการถามคำถามอะไรบางอย่างจากเสมียน ขณะที่เขาจะหันไปทางเคาน์เตอร์ต้อนรับด้านหน้า ก็บังเอิญชนถูกหญิงสาวผู้หนึ่งที่ยืนอยู่ข้างเขา โดยข้อศอกเขากระแทกเข้าไปที่อกของหญิงสาว

ทั้งคู่สะดุ้งตกใจพูดอะไรไม่ออก

พอได้สติ ชายหนุ่มรีบกล่าวขอโทษหญิงสาวอย่างสุภาพ

“คุณผู้หญิงครับ ถ้าหัวใจคุณนุ่มนวลอย่างหน้าอกของคุณละก้อ ผมรู้ว่าคุณต้องอภัยให้ผม”

หญิงสาวตอกกลับมาว่า “ถ้าไอ้นั่นของคุณแข็งอย่างข้อศอกของคุณละก้อ ฉันอยู่ห้องหมายเลข 833 ย่ะ!”

PS Am not too familiar with the ย่ะ word in the punchline at the end. Would be interested in knowing what it means (or adds to) the sentence in this example.

Nice joke Katana, if only that sort of thing would really happen.I think ย่ะ is just for emphasis and rhythmic effect, like arai na? Interesting how many of the last syllable utterances use the อะ vowel sound, ie อะไรว่ะ

Edited by bannork

Yes, it's added at the end for emphasis, expressing a feeling of superiority or contempt (could be mock superiority if used playfully between close friends). You see the นางร้าย in the Thai soaps using it all the time.

It's easier to explain in person, when I can demonstrate the manner in which it is often used, complete with nose stuck high in the air and hand on hip :o

Edited by siamesekitty

This is a classic Thai joke that I learned from Pratom students...

ทำไมถึงฝนตก ?

Let them answer...whatever i.e. เพราะฝ้ากับนำอะไรๆ เพราะกบร้องไห้ (common response) etc. etc. etc.

And then you say

ไม่ใช่... ไอ้ฝนมันไม่ได้ตั่งใจเรียนไง ครูก็เลยไม่ให้พาน

Remember, it's the delivery that makes the difference. A good joke teller can make the stupidest jokes sound funny. When I tell this joke to someone, I got to set them up in case they've already heard it. I'll do this by asking them first :

คุณเก่งวิทยาศาสตร์ไหม พราะว่าผมอยากรู้ว่า ...

:o

Here is a horrible naughty one, just ripe for the New Year...

ไอนัทเป็นคนสติไม่ดี หูตึง ปีใหม่นี้เขาไปปรึกษากับพระว่าควรทำอย่างไรเพื่อที่จะมีความสุขสบายปีนี้

ท่านหลวงพี่ก็บอกนัทว่า

แฮปปี้นิวเยียร์ ปี่นี้ต้องถืออนาคตของชาติในฝ่ามือตลอดเวลา ถึงจะมีความสุขสบาย

เสร็จแล้วนัทกลับบ้าน อาทิตย์หนึ่งผ่านไป มีคนในหมู่บ้านแจ้งตำรวจว่าคนโรคจิตบ้าๆเดินถนนชักว่าวเลือดไหลเต็มตูดเต็มขาด้วย ตำรวดจเลยรีบตามไปดู ถึงแล้วก็เจอไอนัทอย่างที่ชาวบ้านกล่าวมาคือมีมือซึ่งไม่มีเจ้าของเสียบตูดไอนัทอยู่ ตำรวจรีบจับเรียบร้อยและไปตรวจบ้านนัทเจอเมียนัทนอนสลบโดยขาดมือ

ถึงสถานนีตำรวจสืบสวนเหตุผล นัทก็ไห้การ ว่า พระบอกผม

แก่ปี้นิ้วเมีย ปีนี้ต้องถือองคชาตในฝ่ามือตลอดเวลาถึงจะมีความสุขสบาย

:o:D