Pcx Tuning. New Variator

Higher top speed..

I thought the 108kph was an electronic limit ?? sure felt that way when I hit it, kind of stuttering feeling.

If you assume that the 108 is optimistic because of speedo error is is probably more like 103kph.

I believe the limit is 8000 rpm rev limit although I haven't experienced it myself. If the variator pulley is made larger and/or the belt is allowed to move as far out as it can then the gearing increases. Top speed of a stock bike on their dyno was 103 kph. Top speed with their variator was 116 kph.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Arguably the best variator one can buy.

"Arguably" is correct. Many bike shops around Thailand are offering the same thing for 4000 Baht.. i.e 2000 odd Baht cheaper. It's just a simple process of grinding out the six "walls" in the variator.

Got mine done today at Mai Thai Motorbikes in Pattaya for 4200 Baht. The mechanic (not the boss obviously!) told me lots of shops are doing it now.

Shop around. blink.gif

Edited by KKay

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to go off topic (Honda - Yamaha) Is something similar available for the Yamaha Mio 125cc?

I'm aware i can change the weights in the variator (trial an error) but i'm curious to see if a full set readily available to purchase in Thailand?

Karl :)

• 4 weeks later...

vb514568.jpg

No Argument, these are the best available and comes complete!

Many arguments smile.gif. Are you suggesting that J Costa doesn't come complete?

If you visit any scooter forums there are a huge amount of posts about "what are the correct Multivar rollers for my scooter X'

J Costa is dyno developed and comes ready to use.

"Arguably" is correct. Many bike shops around Thailand are offering the same thing for 4000 Baht.. i.e 2000 odd Baht cheaper. It's just a simple process of grinding out the six "walls" in the variator.

You will notice that cheaper was never a claim. If you want cheap that is OK. Grinding out the stops and fitting lighter EU spec. rollers does not cost 4000 baht and the stops and weights are only part of the equation.

I said the best because that is what the general consensus is on a lot of forums, PCX forum, Vespa forum, T-Max forum etc.

I added "arguably" because what is best for some is not best for others. If you use a scooter for the road and touring then J Costa. If you drag race and can spend lost of time tweaking then modifying the stock one works.