American Tax Consultant In Cm?

jaideeguy

Hi,

I'm an american and would like to consult with either a tax preparer, or accountant that is familiar with american tax laws. could anyone recomend anyone in the chiang mai area??

you can contact me directly by email [email protected]

thanks,

jack

Anyone that says they understand or know US Tax law is either a liar, fool or a combination of both. No matter Chaing Mai or Washington DC.

Now having said that, the only ones that are reliable and have the slightest knowledge of how to, what to, and when to prepare US Taxes would be by way of online H&R Block, or contact the consulate and find out when H&R Block will be in town for assistance, they are normally here prior to March 1-200x? and the IRS will be there in March-2006.

If you trust the IRS well good luck :o

The local accountants that have some kind of experience in this are in Bangkok, a list of which is with the Embassy. You can contact them; all of them are very expensive!

I am wondering if people are using Turbotax products to file from Thailand. You can get them online. Do their products support any expat tax issues, and if not, what kinds of situations have people found that would make it impossible to use Turbotax from Thailand?

I am wondering if people are using Turbotax products to file from Thailand. You can get them online. Do their products support any expat tax issues, and if not, what kinds of situations have people found that would make it impossible to use Turbotax from Thailand?

I do not know about the expat tax issues, it does cover Foreign income. You can not file online with any Foreign address unless you are military with a recognized APO. FPO.

Some notes on this are in http://www.turbotax.com/tax_tips_and_resou...and_filing.html

There may be an extra form to process the US Embassy has all of that data.