Withdrawal Symptoms After Drinking?

chops

Quite a Mix of Symptoms.

I can and do get huge hangovers after just a couple of Beers here.

I put it down to getting Older and the Chemical content of beer over here.

I've almost given up social drinking because of it. I do like a couple of beers on a hot day though.

Alcohol is definately a depressant , don't like the sound of the panic attacks or Palpatations I think you mentioned.

Don't what ever you do substitute the beer for Coke, Pepsi , it makes me feel even worse and the Caffeine or whatever Hit won't do you any good.

You clearly enjoy it , maybe try switching to the local Rum with lots of Soda after a couple of beers. You'll most likely not be putting the same amount of Alcohol away .

That would be my thoughts for what they are worth.

• 9 months later...

If regular drinking adversely affects your lifestyle and behaviour, then you are drinking too much and are likely to be suffering from alcoholism. Get professional help! In a non patronising manner, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saturday night drink as usual. 1 x Packet Benson & Hedges classic,.12 x Stella beers, 1 bottle Jack Daniels 700 ml, 1 Bottle port 700 ml. Starting to not feel so well in the morning, may be I should cut down getting close to 50 years of age.bah.gifwhistling.gif

If you were really drinking that much in one go you would more than likely be dead.

This is a SERIOUS forum for people with drinking problems, please treat it as such

When I once went to a counselling place for alcohol they said I was allowed 35 units per week. I counted the next week 420 units.

Near the end of my drinking I would drink 2 large bottles of whiskey and perhaps 10 large bottles of Chang.

Once my buddy and I went for lunch at a kao man gai shop. When we left there were 42 large bottles of Singa beer on the table/floor. This was about a 6 hour period - about 3 bottles an hour each.

It is possible to drink large amounts after years of drinking due to tolerance.

Edited by Johnniey