Dim Sum

ChrisP

yes me too , the grand palace is one of the best ! but i think my experience with yumcha or dimsum was better in Melbourne Australia with plum restaurant or shark fin house .

anyway when i go to the grand palace i do not have only dimsum , but few other courses !

one excellent fish they have there call PLA BOO , around 400 bahts for the fish .

Do not go there at night , it is to formal and expensive menu !

Edited by simcity

Jasmine Chinese Restaurant, 4th floor Times Square Bldg., near Asoke Skytrain Station.

Skipper - is this the same as Jasmine that used to be at Kasorn Center before the renovation? They used to have the best Peking Duck.

I can recommend the Royal Kitchen at Soi Thoglor - also the Chinese restaurants at the Dusit Thani, Erawan, and The Conrad - reservation needed for all....

Don't forget MK restaurants have dim sum. Some MK's around lunch time roll carts of dim sum past the tables which is my favorite format (point and eat). Also maybe of interest is during the vegetarian festival that is coming up there is a chinese restaurant that does all vegetarian dim sum during this period. This restaurant is out on Sukhumvit in a fancy hotel, but can't remember the name, but they do advertise it in the papers. Think the hotel has the word Queen in it. I find dim sum very easy to find. Little places here and there have it, heck even 7/11's are often steaming a few dim sum treats!

• 1 month later...
heck even 7/11's are often steaming a few dim sum treats!

Some of 7/11's bao is actually quite good!

Yip had Shu mi everyday for breakey in Kho samui fro 7/11, and yes they were surprisingly tastey (even though my gf would refuse to kiss me cause i smelled of moo, she don't dig swine)

As for MBK i'd give em a miss not so good dimsum and too pricey.

Jasmine at Times Square is run by the same people who ran Jasmine at Gaysorn.

As for Grand China, the dim sum there is quite good - though you have to get there very early for Saturdays (it's usually full even before 11:30am). Might want to try Ah-Yat at Mae Nam Hotel (on Charoenkrung Rd) - its cantonese style and has great roast duck and bbq pork (also 50% dim sum on weekdays - Saturday).

Another decent place that is not too pricey is Silver Palace next to BBL HQ on Silom.