Getting Married

Forethat

Apologies for this insolent request for help, but I am in great need of some advice.

So late last night I met this Thai girl in a bar. To prevent making things too common, let's call her "Lek". So this girl "Lek" is a real stunner, she is also well educated, in fact she's got six master's degrees in international behavior and a couple of more things. She's also the owner of Soi Cowboy and she speaks forty-eight languages fluently (more than the wiz-kids gardener!). So anyway, I post bail and on my way home I decide to make phone call only to discover my mobile phone has been stolen somewhere the same night. On Soi Ruam Rudee I find a phone booth and get to business. In the middle of the call I notice that the roof is showing signs of being manipulated in an awkward way, so I investigate the issue by bending down the roof with my hand and down drops a plastic bag filled with what I think is jaa-baa.

So, the girl is waiting outside, I find her hot as a sinner in church, and I decide not to be bothered by the jaa-baa and get to the real business, so to speak, and I did.

Now, eight months later I'm still hooked up to this gal and she's moved in to my condo. I go to see her folk's to strike a deal. So, it turns out the gal's got some baggage - the boy is 7 and the girl is 12. The old man tells me he wants 360.000 baht in sin sod and 10 baht gold or the deal's off.

Now, I have been around the block a few times so I won't be taken for a ride this easy. I went to check out the prices on gold and realized there are differences in price if you pay with credit card or in cash.

Now the question: Should I pay with the credit card to maintain a record of the purchase or should I pay cash to save the extra fee they add on top of the prize for the gold?

PLEASE.......if you're going to post a reply like "… I don't believe in this…" or something negative like that, kindly DON'T POST.

I want specific information about purchasing gold for my gal.

If you wanted specific info, you should have asked a specific question, and should have left the rest out. Can you still edit??

I did ask a specific question. Can you read?

In case you cant I'll point you in the right direction: it's the line which reads "Now the question: Should I pay with the credit card to maintain a record of the purchase or should I pay cash to save the extra fee they add on top of the prize for the gold?"

M3rd3...

If you wanted specific info, you should have asked a specific question, and should have left the rest out. Can you still edit??

In case you cant I'll point you in the right direction: it's the line which reads "Now the question: Should I pay with the credit card to maintain a record of the purchase or should I pay cash to save the extra fee they add on top of the prize for the gold?"

M3rd3...

Travellers cheques?

Humor is frowned upon.

:cheesy:

Pfffttt...now dont get snappy - next time address my question exactly as I've instructed or you'll have your posts deleted and then you'll recieve a PM with threats of being banned (not from ME, but....you know who!).

Control yourself!

This girl and her family need to be treated with the utmost respect as befits their place in the local hierarchy.

Paying by cash will cause nothing but loss of face and make you look like a cheap charlie, paying by credit card is the way to go if you want her to love you too much.

Sounds like a keeper from a well respected family, doesnt have a sister you could introduce me to does she?

Best of luck, always good to hear of fellow memebers striking lucky when there are so many gold diggers around, enjoy your new live in Thong Lor.

M3rd3...

Travellers cheques?

Answer the question, dont ask me another one!!!

M3rd3...

Travellers cheques?

Answer the question, dont ask me another one!!!

Split it. 50/50. Then you've still got a record of something.

Humor is frowned upon.

Pfffttt...now dont get snappy - next time address my question exactly as I've instructed or you'll have your posts deleted and then you'll recieve a PM with threats of being banned (not from ME, but....you know who!).

Control yourself!

Where are the mods tonight?

On strike? :unsure:

Humor is frowned upon.

Control yourself!

Where are the mods tonight?

On strike? :unsure:

Busy deleting posts that doesn't actually answers the OP question.

Edited by Forethat

M3rd3...

Yes I can read, and did read that you supplied too much information which leaves you open to a lot of clutter /sin sod discussion /dump her/ she has got kids already so you don't need to pay/ and a lot more.

You only should have asked the relevant question, that is what I was getting at. The results are showing already, good luck with it.

M3rd3...

Yes I can read, and did read that you supplied too much information which leaves you open to a lot of clutter /sin sod discussion /dump her/ she has got kids already so you don't need to pay/ and a lot more.

You only should have asked the relevant question, that is what I was getting at. The results are showing already, good luck with it.

Are you taking all this seriously? I mean seriously.

M3rd3...

Please don`t start spoiling the fun :lol:

M3rd3...

Please don`t start spoiling the fun :lol:

Well I don't know about you, but I'm taking it seriously.

Cash or cards?

I've said split 50/50.

Any advance on 50/50?

Buy blocks of lead - or make your own from fishing weights - and coat them with a thin layer of 14k in Chinatown. Worked for me. Just don't hand'm over until the ceremony. Afterwards, he'd lose face to admit he was duped.

Or, conversely, you could sell the yaa-baa to an Iranian outside Swampy and buy the real thing.

Buy blocks of lead - or make your own from fishing weights - and coat them with a thin layer of 14k in Chinatown. Worked for me. Just don't hand'm over until the ceremony. Afterwards, he'd lose face to admit he was duped.

Or, conversely, you could sell the yaa-baa to an Iranian outside Swampy and buy the real thing.

Use tungsten, same density as gold.

I would follow Happyrobert's advice. He is very clever. He finally learned how to boil water in a pressure cooker.

Now, about your question... You DO KNOW that you have to pay for sin. I think it has something to do with digging up the lawn for sod.

When you buy gold you should be given a receipt with the details,weight and amount paid, in the event that the shop will repurchase the gold less commision at a later date. So if there is an additional charge for using a credit card, cash would appear to be the most economical choice.

This girl and her family need to be treated with the utmost respect as befits their place in the local hierarchy.

Paying by cash will cause nothing but loss of face and make you look like a cheap charlie, paying by credit card is the way to go if you want her to love you too much.

Sounds like a keeper from a well respected family, doesnt have a sister you could introduce me to does she?

Best of luck, always good to hear of fellow memebers striking lucky when there are so many gold diggers around, enjoy your new live in Thong Lor.

Better still, why doesn’t the OP give the girl his credit card and let her purchase the gold herself with the card. This will prove his trust and love for her. Explain how much you love her and to show your appreciation make sure you let her use the card to it`s maximum limits. If not, believe me they will hate you.

Using this method, you will not be frowned upon as being an old skinflint by making payments with filthy old banknotes, plus the girl and her family wouldn’t lose face by having to ask you to pay each time of purchase, that would bring great shame and loss of honour upon them. They need to display a certain semblance in front of their family, friends and neighbors that they are above that.

Remember, it`s not just how much you spend on her, which of course is very important to them, but also how you spend on her, with honour and dignity. If you always let her use your card to it`s full potential I promise you will be cherished and much wanted by this unique one in a million girl and possibly future wife and her caring family.

You are a lucky man; please keep us all up to date on how this relationship develops.