An Interesting Week

ray23

Flu hit early last week went to the Pharmacy got my pills took them for three days and stopped a I felt better. Bad move, it came back and this time it was really ticked off. Saturday night after being in bed all day and the original medication having little or no effect woke up about 8:00 P.M. with what I was told was a 106 tempature ( now this can get real iffy as to if this was correct or not) In any event I knew I was in trouble and in no condition to drive, the bike or the car. Hmm!!!! Poi hasn't finished her license yet, not really anyone that lives here that I trust to know anything about my business.

Lucked out in that a friend was visiting from out of the area, he picked me and Poi up and off to the hospital we went. Nurse sticks something in my ear for a second and pronounces normal tempature, that is not what my body is telling me. So I make her get out the old fashioned themometer and then it's oh! high tempature gives it to me in centigrade, which is then translated into to something I understand, hence 106, I still have no idea.

Waited for the doctor after three other patients, this is the international hospital which is a lot more expensive and I had never had this happen before, but who knows maybe they are dying and I wait my turn.

Karma was really with me for the first time at this hospital I get the first doctor who didn't speak english. A bit frustarting since I did voulteer english teaching there and don't remember seeing her smiling face in class.

I explain to her slowly what I'm having problems with, the nurse who had did the temp ect is standing there and had been speaking english. Checks to the power, I guess doctors are gods here as well and says nothing to help me.

Doctor you feel good today? Man that one hit me and before I could think Yes I came to the hosptial to see a doctor in the middle of the night because I felt good. Wouldn't of mattered what I said anyway, she would not of understood.

Doctor, you want I admit you? Well do I need to be admitted? Doctor, up to you. What can you do for me if you admit me? Doctor, give you I.V. I'm drinking fluids I don't think I need that.

You want I give you different pills? Yes that might be a good idea.

I finally look at what appears to be to me a very beautiful young lady looking about 20 years old and said Doctor I think you really need to tell me what I need to do, since your the doctor and I'm the patient. Doctor, Oh you want I admit you?

She then orders a chest Xray and blood tests, a very good idea here when you run a high temp, can be a lot things that can cause that. Dengue Fever, Malaria, Avian flu all of whihc can kill you among other wondeful critters we in that states are not used to. So I drop trying to get her medical oppinnion and wait to see what transpires.

Now the good side all the test results are back in 20 mins and I have my new prescriptions and had headed home with my doctors new orders drink three liters of water a day or less. HMM !!! nice try but I get the picture.

Well Saturday proved to be a good incentive to stay in Thai class, going to ask the teacher today how to say heart attack. LOL

No matter how you cut brought it all upon myself, should have finished off the meds and more importantly should have put more effort on learning the language.

As always a great story Ray . Are you feeling better ? I hope so .

Usually when im sick I just lay in bed and have all the MD's come over and chant and light candle's . By the way MD stands for mountian doctor .

As always a great story Ray . Are you feeling better ? I hope so .

Usually when im sick I just lay in bed and have all the MD's come over and  chant and light candle's . By the way MD stands for mountian doctor .

Yep doing better each day, this time I will finish the meds. Of course the more I think about that cute little doctor a relapse might be in order LOL