Su Airport - Pratunam/Siam Sq - Yaowarat - Pattaya By Bus

healthcaretaker

I will arrive BKK Su Airport in the morning and wish to get to Pattaya in the same day later but before that I wish to visit Paragon, CentralWorld, Pratunam computer IT centre and Yaowarat.

Which direction shall I go for and which bus station to head for pattaya if I leave the airport by the skytrain and do all by public transport ?

Thanks.

Thanks William,

Do you know is there any direct bus from Yaowarat to the Ekkamai station ? Is it better to go back from to Siam Square from Yaowarat to catch the skytrain ?

All depends where in Yaowarat you are going, you need to be more specific. Taking the BTS from SIam to Ekkamai will be at least 4 times quicker than the bus options.

(or Chitlom station (E1) given you are going to Centralworld then Pantip Plaza - you can catch the 511 (aircon) or 2 (non-air) buses from opposite Pantip on Phetchaburi rd & both will take you direct to the Chitlom station on Rama 1)

Thanks William,

Do you know is there any direct bus from Yaowarat to the Ekkamai station ? Is it better to go back from to Siam Square from Yaowarat to catch the skytrain ?

All depends where in Yaowarat you are going, you need to be more specific. Taking the BTS from SIam to Ekkamai will be at least 4 times quicker than the bus options.

(or Chitlom station (E1) given you are going to Centralworld then Pantip Plaza - you can catch the 511 (aircon) or 2 (non-air) buses from opposite Pantip on Phetchaburi rd & both will take you direct to the Chitlom station on Rama 1)

Thanks Lakegeneve,

I am prepared to walk between Centralworld - Pantip Plaza - Chitlom Area but if I follow yr suggestion, I must visit Yaowarat first. I am thinking of visiting Pantip Plaza direct from the Airport since the new express or city train stops near there.. I am think of going to Yaowarat that is nearer to the Wat Trimit end entrance where the Chinatown Gate and many food stalls and seafood restaurants. I hope to eat there before going to Pattaya but I can go to Yaowarat direct from airport too if there is easy transport from the Airport.

I would do your Pantip and Fashion Mall excursion, then BTS/MRT to Chinatown then back on the BTS to Ekkamai. Depending on the time of day from Pantip to Chinatown a taxi may be a quick option instead of walking back to the BTS. If you are taking a taxi to Chinatown look up the hotel GRAND CHINA PRINCESS you will see a map you can print for the taxi driver.

I am assuming you will have luggage? I don't know of any left luggage places where you can sotre your luggage besides a grocery store---I dont think they will be keen on luggage. Does anyone know if there is a left luggage spot in Central World ?

William

Thanks, I think i have seen they have lockers at the ground level but that was before the fire.

Don't understand yr post: can I BTS/MRT to Chinatown from Siam Square ? I don't think so. I am sure there is direct bus to Chinatown but traffic jam will be bad. Taking taxis between those 2 areas is a pressure. I cannot describe where to stop until I reach the place to recognise it.

BTW, do you know if the skytrain from airport can reach Pratunam or centralworld area ?