Dog Lovers-Please Help

kuffki

I found the mother dog and baby tucked away at the back of the soi.Nights are called, kids in soi like to throw sticks at them for some reason and both looked really skinny and scared

Mother is really really lovely dog, she does not bite or bark, little timid but very friendly and started to respond to me just after 2 days, She gets along well with cats and other dogs.She is approx 1 year old

Her baby boy is approx 7 weeks old, also very friendly baby and loves nothing more then for someone to rub his belly.

I have placed them together with the VET and am paying by the day. Mother has been desexed, vaccinated and baby also has been vaccinated.

I would love nothing more then to take them both, but i already have 3 dogs and 2 cats.

So if anyone has some room, please help and take them both.

If you want to see them, can PM me and i can take you to the VET, or can give you VET address, and you welcome to visit yourself.

Both are in Pattaya, if you genuine and nice person, i can always drive them for you to BKK or near by area.

post-67746-0-28640100-1295361613_thumb.j

Ill move this one to Pattaya forum

might be better there given you are looking for those in pattaya

wish I can take them in, but im still homeless myself these days :(

the little one has that puppy-eyed look that always has my heart melting

sighhhhhh

sighhhhhh

Thanks for the kind words, if you do not mind, can you please move it back, as i am willing to drive mom and baby to BKK or near by areas,

Possibly some people in BKK or surrounding will take them in.

sighhhhhh

Thanks for the kind words, if you do not mind, can you please move it back, as i am willing to drive mom and baby to BKK or near by areas,

Possibly some people in BKK or surrounding will take them in.

Moderator: Is it possible to keep open both locations? A deserving post. Motto of an animal welfare group in my area: "Helping one dog won't change the world, but the world will change for that one dog".

Sent PM

Thank you, i received your PM. But i do not think a place with 120 dogs is a good home for any dog let alone 7-8 week old puppy and timid mother.

Thank you anyway.

PS. Mother has already been desexed=sprayed. and if anything i would rather pay money to a VET to take care of them there, then someone who runs 120 dogs.

Sent PM

Thank you, i received your PM. But i do not think a place with 120 dogs is a good home for any dog let alone 7-8 week old puppy and timid mother.

Thank you anyway.

PS. Mother has already been desexed=sprayed. and if anything i would rather pay money to a VET to take care of them there, then someone who runs 120 dogs.

Up to you. The guy has about a dozen staff, well kept, dogs are free range, have the run of a large estate,taken on regular walks. He has taken many pups in,many only hours old.,all happy and content.

Sorry I bothered,if you change your mind do not contact me

Sent PM

Thank you anyway.

Up to you. The guy has about a dozen staff, well kept, dogs are free range, have the run of a large estate,taken on regular walks. He has taken many pups in,many only hours old.,all happy and content.

That guy would not be Tony, would it?rolleyes.gif

Also i do not really get why they would be taken for a walk when dogs are free range and have the run of the "large" estate?

This is not to take a dig at you, but how do you know if the dogs are happy and content?

Being a human companion, i am failing to see how 120 dogs can be happy in 1 space when they need to determine the leaders etc.

Also how would the "good" man feed 120 dogs and ensure all get a fair share and do not fight over food. Even with 12 staff, i doubt each can manage 10 "wild" dogs during meal time or walk time.

I have 3 dogs and at times find it difficult to control all 3 at the same time, and i am only 100kg and owned and trained dogs all my life.

So how does a 50 kg Thai guy control 10 untrained dogs???

Edited by kuffki

Sent PM

Thank you anyway.

Also i do not really get why they would be taken for a walk when dogs are free range and have the run of the "large" estate?

This is not to take a dig at you, but how do you know if the dogs are happy and content?

Being a human companion, i am failing to see how 120 dogs can be happy in 1 space when they need to determine the leaders etc.

Also how would the "good" man feed 120 dogs and ensure all get a fair share and do not fight over food. Even with 12 staff, i doubt each can manage 10 "wild" dogs during meal time or walk time.

I have 3 dogs and at times find it difficult to control all 3 at the same time, and i am only 100kg and owned and trained dogs all my life.

No it is not Tony, you obviously know nothing about anything ,and as you state fail to see how 120 dogs can be "happy"

I am done dealing with you, you know better

Good Day

The guy is trying to, no doing a good deed and he thanked you for the offer but felt it was not right for the dogs in question. If he wanted them sticking in a dog home I am sure he could have worked that one out for himself.

Kuffki,

Good on you, I hope you find a good home for them. We would be keen but baby arrives this week (I hope) and we need to settle one new member of the family before we can get any more !!

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

Sent PM

Thank you anyway.

Kuffki, Jori,

It's easy to misinterpret each others comments. You both have good intentions to help this nice looking but unfortunate dog family. I'm sure you both agree that this is what is important for TV readers to focus their attention on. You both have that primary goal I'm sure.

Sent PM

Thank you anyway.

each dogs has individual pen and is fed in its individual pen, they are put in the pens at feeding time so as the guys and gals can feed them the appropriate amount of food, quite easy really.. owned and trained 3 dogs all your life, not very well its quite easy to control 3 well trained dogs. i feed and take care of 3 packs of Thai dogs quite easy again, the alpha male can be a pain but a tap with the feeding spoon brings him into line and reminds him i am the alpha male, essential part of dog training.

option will be a sanctuary or life in vets, the sanctuary has pedigree labradors and rotweillers and nobody wants them let alone thai street dogs. puppies there have a great time lots of friends to play with, dogs after all are pack animals. his average vet bill is 25,000 baht a month,total average cost to him personally 100,000 baht per month, so in the thai street doggy world he rates as more than just a good man. chinese dontate, muslims donate, farangs pat on the back love to help but!!!. so its a life in a small pen in a vets rather than a proper run sanctuary, still she can run around the dog pen a few times per day for exercise. they are exercised on a rota basis and the walk route is past my house, the youngest dog walker is 7 years old and manages to walk his allocated dog quite well, as do the other kids, as well as walking the dogs from the sanctuary they feed the crowds of street dogs that gather around the route for feed, again no problems . every wild dog gets a shower once a week as well and nobody dies. go take a look, left my dogs there when i went home for a month and they kept going back as many do as they are happy in the pack.

Sent PM

Thank you anyway.

each dogs has individual pen and is fed in its individual pen, they are put in the pens at feeding time so as the guys and gals can feed them the appropriate amount of food, quite easy really.. owned and trained 3 dogs all your life, not very well its quite easy to control 3 well trained dogs. i feed and take care of 3 packs of Thai dogs quite easy again, the alpha male can be a pain but a tap with the feeding spoon brings him into line and reminds him i am the alpha male, essential part of dog training.

option will be a sanctuary or life in vets, the sanctuary has pedigree labradors and rotweillers and nobody wants them let alone thai street dogs. puppies there have a great time lots of friends to play with, dogs after all are pack animals. his average vet bill is 25,000 baht a month,total average cost to him personally 100,000 baht per month, so in the thai street doggy world he rates as more than just a good man. chinese dontate, muslims donate, farangs pat on the back love to help but!!!. so its a life in a small pen in a vets rather than a proper run sanctuary, still she can run around the dog pen a few times per day for exercise. they are exercised on a rota basis and the walk route is past my house, the youngest dog walker is 7 years old and manages to walk his allocated dog quite well, as do the other kids, as well as walking the dogs from the sanctuary they feed the crowds of street dogs that gather around the route for feed, again no problems . every wild dog gets a shower once a week as well and nobody dies. go take a look, left my dogs there when i went home for a month and they kept going back as many do as they are happy in the pack.

If you do not mind, can we make a time so i can learn from you how you feed 3 packs of Thai dogs easily.

Also can you please make time with me so i can see how they feed the street dogs (crowds of it) on the route with no problems.

And since i do know nothing about anything as someone has stated, perhaps you can point me to a link or a website which explains that shower once a week is not only good but beneficial for a dog.

Thank you in advance.

I guess all the paid kennels have no idea what they doing and need to learn from you and the sanctuary.

If you do not mind, can we make a time so i can learn from you how you feed 3 packs of Thai dogs easily.

Also can you please make time with me so i can see how they feed the street dogs (crowds of it) on the route with no problems.

And since i do know nothing about anything as someone has stated, perhaps you can point me to a link or a website which explains that shower once a week is not only good but beneficial for a dog.

Thank you in advance.

I guess all the paid kennels have no idea what they doing and need to learn from you and the sanctuary.

Thank you in advance.

hope this works could not copy and paste,

check out scads website

samui dog rescue

phuket dog rescue

i fear to many wild dogs around would be to much for you but i think you get the drift from the vid, two difernt groups of "wild" dogs.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_often_should_you_shower_your_dog never heard of google apparantly it stops them smelling funnily enough, same reason you shower i guess

must dash time to go and feed my "wild" packs

cook rice pork chicken mix together put in plastic resptical, go to packs put feed out go to next pack ditto.

hopefully the explanation and video cover it all for you. pass on the meeting part, bad influence on the dogs i think.

Edited by NALAK

Thank you in advance.

Yes it did, thank you. Just throw the food all over the road and watch them eat.

I am though struggling to see how this helps TIMID/SCARED/SUBMISSIVE/YOUNG mother and her 7 week old baby.

Thank you anyway for your input.

Thank you in advance.

check out scads website

samui dog rescue

phuket dog rescue

i fear to many wild dogs around would be to much for you but i think you get the drift from the vid, two difernt groups of "wild" dogs.

http://wiki.answers....shower_your_dog never heard of google apparantly it stops them smelling funnily enough, same reason you shower i guess

must dash time to go and feed my "wild" packs

cook rice pork chicken mix together put in plastic resptical, go to packs put feed out go to next pack ditto.

hopefully the explanation and video cover it all for you. pass on the meeting part, bad influence on the dogs i think.

Again thank you for such an insightful info.

I guess STREET dogs also care about the smell.

I would have thought someone with as much knowledge and experience and google at hand would know that it is NOT good for the dog or cat to be washed often as it washes away their natural oils from the skin, but i guess as you said i do not know anything.

Also not that i know much, but i would have thought balanced dog food is a better option to keep them healthy and fit rather then cooked rice. But again, I have a long road ahead of me of learning.

Again thank you for the rescue websites, again though am unsure how this helps young/timid/scared mother and her baby, considering that i have taken them both off the street, sprayed and had medical treatments and both are at the Vets while i take care of the bills

So how would contacting SCAD help her to find a home???when she is already off the street and been taken care of, until a good home is found.

Thank you in advance.

Yes it did, thank you. Just throw the food all over the road and watch them eat.

I am though struggling to see how this helps TIMID/SCARED/SUBMISSIVE/YOUNG mother and her 7 week old baby.

Thank you anyway for your input.

that was not your question you asked how do i feed 3 packs of dogs so i showed you, see them tearing them selves apart? its not all over the road its in piles on a disused peice of tarmac, so whats your plans for the mother and baby penned in a vets listerning to screaming dogs all night, how long you going to keep paying every night for the vets, stress levels must be immense on the animals, vid shows mothers and babies. im out of this post other wise i will tell what a complete Mr Richard Soul you are. pictures are for manufactures of meds who donate to the charity i am a member of, they like to see where there free meds go to.

suggest you contact SCADS in BKK find them via google get advice from them. or world vetinary service, problem is they may refer you back to us, ah well poo happens

that was not your question you asked how do i feed 3 packs of dogs so i showed you, see them tearing them selves apart? its not all over the road its in piles on a disused peice of tarmac, so whats your plans for the mother and baby penned in a vets listerning to screaming dogs all night, how long you going to keep paying every night for the vets, stress levels must be immense on the animals, vid shows mothers and babies. im out of this post other wise i will tell what a complete Mr Richard Soul you are. pictures are for manufactures of meds who donate to the charity i am a member of, they like to see where there free meds go to.

suggest you contact SCADS in BKK find them via google get advice from them. or world vetinary service, problem is they may refer you back to us, ah well poo happens

oh so it is you who owns the sanctuary????, then no need for further discussion. Thank you anyway.

But just to answer some of your points raised.

My plan is to keep her at the vets for as long as it takes to find her a loving home. Not sure what VETS your sanctuary uses, but the Vet i use keep sick dogs and healthy dogs apart and she gets daily 3 walks.

I am sorry if i find 120 dogs in 1 place to be an unacceptable home for the dog i am trying to help. I also find it even more hard to believe that 7 year old is capable of controlling the dog, just like i find it even more difficult to believe that 120 dogs have individual kennels for feeding and are taken for daily walks when they have free land to play as one of your promoters posted earlier.

Just 1 thing i am struggling to understand, if you are a charity then why would your promoter insist i offer you money????? and mind you amount enough to feed 2 dogs for a year??

If you not a charity, why do not you advertise or state that you are not a charity and will take care of the dog for a fee??

PS. a 30 second video is far from being any kind of evidence, i would of thought if you were as genuine as you claim to be, you would invite me to view your business, but i guess i was wrong, because showing your operation apparently is a bad influence on the dogs.

Keep up the good work,and thank you once again for your lessons and kind words

What started out as a genuine and heart felt post of someone trying to help an animal has been spoilt by all the bitching and cat fighting (theres a pun in there somewhere)

Sounds like Kuffki, Nalak and Jori are trying to establish who's alpha male of the Pattaya forum pack.

Grow up guy's your like arguing children overs who's Dads biggest. For what its worth Rimmers the Alpha mail round here!!!!!!!

Its a shame that so many good posts on the Pattaya forum are ruined by silly tantrums between the regular posters.

What started out as a genuine and heart felt post of someone trying to help an animal has been spoilt by all the bitching and cat fighting (theres a pun in there somewhere)

Sounds like Kuffki, Nalak and Jori are trying to establish who's alpha male of the Pattaya forum pack.

Grow up guy's your like arguing children overs who's Dads biggest. For what its worth Rimmers the Alpha mail round here!!!!!!!

Its a shame that so many good posts on the Pattaya forum are ruined by silly tantrums between the regular posters.

Not at all.

I have taken mother dog and her baby off the street and placed with a Vet to do all the medical. While in the mean time looking for a good home.

The offer was to put them in a shelter with another 120 dogs plus pay money for the upkeep.

I simply do not see that as being a loving home, nor do i see this as being a solution.

However 2 members have a problem with me not liking their offer.Funny enough both are posting contradicting facts.

I have thanked both more then enough times, yet they still seem to have a problem, and rather then staying on topic, felt the need to get personal and throw in a few insults.

Good luck to both of them and since neither are able to give a loving home, there is really no need for either of them to come back or respond.