Dog Lovers-Please Help

kuffki

Hello Kuffki,

You've done a wonderful thing for the mother and her pup, (And they both look like lovely dogs). I really hope that you find someone who can offer them both a loving home.

I'm afraid that I can't do that because we already have a dog... and we live in a town house with a small yard... just not enough room for more than one dog I'm afraid... (It sometimes feels like there's not enough room for the one we already have... fortunately I'm always around to give her long walks and play with her... she's still young, about 14 months old, and she's a bundle of energy).

Whilst I don't want to involve myself in the difference of opinion over the rights or wrongs of sending them to SCAD, I thought that I'd say that we got our dog, Willow, from SCAD. She was being looked after them after being found on a Bangkok soi as a small pup, bullied by other dogs, covered in fleas and ticks, and very scared and vulnerable. They gave her excellent care and I couldn't hope to have a gentler or more loving dog. They were careful about their vetting proceedure before they allowed me to adopt her which I felt was only right and proper.

However I fully understand that you feel that it would be far better to have them both adopted by a person or family who will be able to give them all the personal care and love that every dog should receive, (and sadly that so many dogs in Thailand have to do without).

The very best of luck. I hope that some kindly family will adopt them soon... from what you say they would be ideal for a family with children.

Hello Kuffki,

You've done a wonderful thing for the mother and her pup, (And they both look like lovely dogs). I really hope that you find someone who can offer them both a loving home.

I'm afraid that I can't do that because we already have a dog... and we live in a town house with a small yard... just not enough room for more than one dog I'm afraid... (It sometimes feels like there's not enough room for the one we already have... fortunately I'm always around to give her long walks and play with her... she's still young, about 14 months old, and she's a bundle of energy).

Whilst I don't want to involve myself in the difference of opinion over the rights or wrongs of sending them to SCAD, I thought that I'd say that we got our dog, Willow, from SCAD. She was being looked after them after being found on a Bangkok soi as a small pup, bullied by other dogs, covered in fleas and ticks, and very scared and vulnerable. They gave her excellent care and I couldn't hope to have a gentler or more loving dog. They were careful about their vetting proceedure before they allowed me to adopt her which I felt was only right and proper.

However I fully understand that you feel that it would be far better to have them both adopted by a person or family who will be able to give them all the personal care and love that every dog should receive, (and sadly that so many dogs in Thailand have to do without).

The very best of luck. I hope that some kindly family will adopt them soon... from what you say they would be ideal for a family with children.

Do not get me wrong, i have no problem with SCAD, but as you mentioned they get dogs off the street and take care of them and try to find them a home.

I already did that i took both off the street and did all the medical procedures, so it defeats the purpose to put them back with some one like SCAD.

You will also find SCAD does not have 120 dogs.

1 poster stated that all dogs are "free range" and have the run of the large estate, while another one stated that they all have individual kennels, yet youtube video's and photo's i found show all dogs in cages and 2-5 per cage.

Surely this sanctuary is great for soi dogs straight off the street and clearly a better and safer option then living on the street, but again i have already taken the 2 off the street, so a shelter is pointless, as i want to find them a home and family as you had mentioned.

The guy who runs the shelter does a great job saving soi dogs, but i am afraid the 2 poster who were trying to promote him did rather bad job by posting contradicting information and insisting and demanding money if i he/she was to give me contact information.

In my opinion,this is simply wrong, no matter what angle i look at it.

If i ever was going to donate any money to this sanctuary, those 2 just killed any hope of me ever doing it or supporting it.

While both claim to have no relation to the sanctuary, yet both post financials and claim to be heavily involved with donations and physical help, yet again contradicting posts from both of them, and to make matters worse rather then explaining how shelter works and what would be the benefit, both have chosen to go down the path of personal insults.

If these are the kind of people who work or help there, i certainly would not want to place any dog there and i only hope the owner reads this and deals with both posters, as once again they have done nothing but give bad image of the place.

International standards or guidelines or whatever it can be called is that 1 person can only take proper care of 4 dogs at a time, while according to those posters 12 people give proper care to 120 dogs.

While chicken, pork and rice is a meal, i woud hardly call it a balanced diet with enough vitamins and minerals for the dogs to have a healthy lifestyle, but again it is better then nothing for the soi dogs, but the 2 in question are no longer on the street.

Puppy gets puppy dog biscuit with grilled chicken or liver for dinner and mother gets adult dog biscuits with grilled chicken or liver for dinner also.

Anyhow, back to topic, i want to find them a home with family rather then a shelter.

PS. This is not the first dogs i have rescued and found homes for.Eventually i hope i will find them a home, but in the mean time they are both warm, safe, fed and get all the medical attention they need to have a decent life and wait for a good family. I have had a few threads on here in the past 2 years and at no time i had asked for any money or financial help to help me upkeep the rescued dogs and certainly spent little more then 1000 baht per month as 1 poster liked to brag of his donation.

PPS.Sorry if this post comes across as being agressive, it was not meant to be,but rather explanatory.

i thought will be an update for anyone following.

Mother and puppy found a nice home and were both taken.

They will now live at Mumisaan Fishing Park together with another 3 dogs, few rabbits, water buffalo's, pigs, chickens and few other animals.

Both looked really happy running around the park and going for small swims.

Little guy was not short on attention and had his little tummy rubbed not only by staff but by visitors also.

So thanks to everyone who posted kind words and support.