Single Mother With 1 Baby Boy Needs Your Help

I found the mother dog and baby tucked away at the back of the soi.Nights are called, kids in soi like to throw sticks at them for some reason and both looked really skinny and scared

Mother is really really lovely dog, she does not bite or bark, little timid but very friendly and started to respond to me just after 2 days, She gets along well with cats and other dogs.She is approx 1 year old

Her baby boy is approx 7 weeks old, also very friendly baby and loves nothing more then for someone to rub his belly.

I have placed them together with the VET and am paying by the day. Mother has been desexed, vaccinated and baby also has been vaccinated.

I would love nothing more then to take them both, but i already have 3 dogs and 2 cats.

So if anyone has some room, please help and take them both.

If you want to see them, can PM me and i can take you to the VET, or can give you VET address, and you welcome to visit yourself.

Both are in Pattaya, if you genuine and nice person, i can always drive them for you to BKK or near by area.

post-67746-0-15394800-1295423319_thumb.j

How about all of the other thousands of stray dogs abandoned by thier owners , you know , the ones you see wandering in just about every soi you happen to walk in , have you not a similar enpathy for them ? .

How about... If you have nothing productive to write then don't bother....

I can already read where the Op has preempted some of the responses by defending the fact that he has not taken the dogs in himself and also had the dog spayed.

I am not an animal lover but still see someone trying to right a wrong one step at a time. Inane responses are so tiresome.

Op: Good on you... Although I have no intention of owning dogs, given the correct set of circumstances I may very well have responded to your post. Let's home someone else does, good luck.

How about all of the other thousands of stray dogs abandoned by thier owners , you know , the ones you see wandering in just about every soi you happen to walk in , have you not a similar enpathy for them ? .

I can already read where the Op has preempted some of the responses by defending the fact that he has not taken the dogs in himself and also had the dog spayed.

I am not an animal lover but still see someone trying to right a wrong one step at a time. Inane responses are so tiresome.

Op: Good on you... Although I have no intention of owning dogs, given the correct set of circumstances I may very well have responded to your post. Let's home someone else does, good luck.

X2

Unfortunately, soi dogs in Thailand are both a hazard and a nuisance that the authorities refuse to do anything about.

Good karma to you kuffki.. and best of luck with your search :jap:

i second that wholeheartedly. hats off for Kuffki! for a few minutes i was thinking... but then i realised that my two spoiled little bastards would cause quite some problems.

Inane responses are so tiresome.

what can you expect from some "dumb-all"? nomen est omen! <_<

I really wish there were a nationwide program of spaying cats and dogs.....hmm perhaps that should also include Politicians? whistling.gif

Slightly off topic. but apparently there is and there is an agency which suppose to control soi dogs.

i was speaking to my VET , same guy where mom and baby staying now and he explained to me that there is such an agency with a pretty good budget, but they do not do anything.

Occasionally they pick up a few dogs and just drop them off in the mountains.

I will address your post, not that it has anything to do with OP.

Yes i do feel empathy and sorry for all other soi dogs, but i am only 1 man with 2 hands and NOT unlimited bank account.

I have taken 3 soi dogs from soi and they are now my dogs, i have saved 2 cats also.

I have in the past found a puppy, whose mother was killed by a speeding car and found him a home.

I do take sick looking dogs to a VET and have them helped and sprayed.

In this instance, mother and baby will not survive if let alone in soi, because mother is very young and timid, locals kids throw sticks and stones at her and baby for fun. Other soi dogs take all her food.

Many soi dogs adapt very well and can survive, in this case, i do not think she would.

I can only do so much, perhaps if people like yourself, did little more then just post negative comments on Thai Visa, then there will be less problems.

Just think if you put aside 2000 baht per month, that would spray 2 dogs, if everyone did just 1 little good deed, then perhaps earth would be a much friendlier place for the animals, who by the way have just as much right to be here as us-humans.

jerk.gif

Good on you kuffki, let's hope mother and son find a home soon.

I was just wondering if you chose your TV name or people who know you well chose it for you?

Remember an old saying

"If you take in a starving dog and a starving man, feed them both, give shelter and warmth.

You will always have a friend who will look after you with affection".

As for the starving man, keep yer eye on him?? He is the one that might bite that hand that feeds him?

Good on you Kufki, good karma will no doubt come your way.

I know how you feel.

I have myself two street dogs and from last week also a street baby cat.

All 3 have a good live and I take care of them in my house.

Luckily I have a big house with 1000 m2 garden where they can run around and play. :)

Off-course I can not help every dog or cat but at least I ( and Kuffki and many others ) are trying to do something.

It is so easy to complain but I takes a little more effort to do something.

Thank you all for kind words.

I am not helping mom and baby for the words or karma, just want them to have a good loving home and a chance at good or at least reasonable life.

Kuffki

And it is for just those reasons and thoughts of yours that something good will come of this for the mother and son. If we could help you we would jump right in to do so, but your suggestion of everyone just simply doing something small hit me where it should, so I will do so starting immediately. Anyone else?? Small things lead to big differences. Thanks for your good heart, kuffki, and chok dee!

mario299

That's why he called himself "dumball"... :bah: don't get dishearted kuffki..

Some of us do to compensate for those who don't :jap:

We took in a puppy from a mother dog who couldn't feed them all.

2 years later he got poisoned by some idiot who got harassed by the local police because some people complained that man hit our neighborhood at 05.30 to check the garbage bins resulting in an early morning barking contest. :annoyed:

I will spare you the details of some more happenings, now we have two, on e came from an other farang who has 10 dogs, relieved him somewhat.

I guess you have more empathy for people???

Edited by tartempion

Some of us do to compensate for those who don't :jap:

We took in a puppy from a mother dog who couldn't feed them all.

2 years later he got poisoned by some idiot who got harassed by the local police because some people complained that man hit our neighborhood at 05.30 to check the garbage bins resulting in an early morning barking contest. :annoyed:

I will spare you the details of some more happenings, now we have two, on e came from an other farang who has 10 dogs, relieved him somewhat.

I guess you have more empathy for people???

Little off topic.

Glad t hear pup pulled through after the poisoning.

Just today when i went to visit mom and baby, Vet had a dog there who was poisoned and the owners brought the dog in little late. It is the worst death and suffering one could go through. I could not look at the poor thing suffering.

Everyone(owner and vet) agreed it was best to put him down, because not only he was paralyzed but in so much pain, that Vet had to give pain killer shots every hour

Those who poison animals, should be jailed for a few years, its beyond being cruel. If people never saw it, i hope they never have to see it.

There's definitely demand for a stray animal disposal service here. Local religious and political issues probably mean almost no competition as well. You catch dogs at $5 (or whatever) a head, put them to sleep, and cremate (perhaps even have a fertilizer company in the group of companies). Obviously you're not going to get calls from much of the population, but that X% (even better for areas where these individuals are neighborhood, apartment, owners of large plots of land, etc.) that knows there's nothing after this life will be more than ready to get rid of the threat of disease to themselves and their families for a few hundred Baht per unit. A good start would be all of the schools that have strays... surprisingly few people have karma issues when their kids are at risk of catching rabies.

I bet even the name 'The Dog Pound' Company is available.

:)

Edited by Heng

There's definitely demand for a stray animal disposal service here. Local religious and political issues probably mean almost no competition as well. You catch dogs at $5 (or whatever) a head, put them to sleep, and cremate (perhaps even have a fertilizer company in the group of companies). Obviously you're not going to get calls from much of the population, but that X% (even better for areas where these individuals are neighborhood, apartment, owners of large plots of land, etc.) that knows there's nothing after this life will be more than ready to get rid of the threat of disease to themselves and their families for a few hundred Baht per unit. A good start would be all of the schools that have strays... surprisingly few people have karma issues when their kids are at risk of catching rabies.

Yes, it must be wonderful to believe that you are so deserving of life, whilst the stray dog population that have to desperately forage for scraps every day (whilst being gentle, kind etc.) are only too deserving of extermination.

To the OP - its nice to hear from someone who actually has a heart occasionally. Wish I could help, but I already have 4 dogs - only ever wanted 2, but couldn't leave the other 2 dogs to die on the street.

Yes, it must be wonderful to believe that you are so deserving of life, whilst the stray dog population that have to desperately forage for scraps every day (whilst being gentle, kind etc.) are only too deserving of extermination.

To the OP - its nice to hear from someone who actually has a heart occasionally. Wish I could help, but I already have 4 dogs - only ever wanted 2, but couldn't leave the other 2 dogs to die on the street.

LOL, i am in the same shoes.

Took 1 off the street, she brought a puppy one day(really do not know where she found him) so i took him in.

Few months later came home to find another one sleeping by the door step. Thought she would go away, but she did not. Took her to the Vets, turned out she was very sick and pretty much dying. So 15K-20K later in Vet bills(including full blood transfusion) took her in.

Then similar stories with 2 cats.

Thanks anyway, hopefully there will be some good soul who has the room and the heart for this 2 little "monsters"smile.gif

Thank you all for kind words.

I am not helping mom and baby for the words or karma, just want them to have a good loving home and a chance at good or at least reasonable life.

Bless you for being compassionate, decent & kind.

People like you make my world a little better and all I can do is show you some love & respect. jap.gif

To all of you DUMB-ALL-SO-QUICKLY JUMP -IN -TO-PUT-IN-THE-BOOT , my obsevation was

What is the use or purpose of taking care of two stray animals and disregarding the other thousands of soy dogs that live miserable lives because thier owners had abandoned them .

It is so easy to castigate when the purpose of a post is not analysed before condeming the poster , take heed and read in an analitical manner , too many respondents just jump in without having one iota as to what the content concerned , often due to the fact thier command of the English language may not be competant enough to control thier verasity in antagonistic responses .

I am not purturbed by many of the child like responses to my post , just surprised there are so many that know not of what they speak , soap boxes are a place to make a point or expound ones feelings to all who care to listen .

Its actually pretty simple.

The purpose of taking 2 stray dogs off the street makes it 2 less stray dogs on the street.

So if you take 2, i take 2 and another 10 000 people take 2, it would make 20004 less stray dogs on the streets.

Then those 20004 will be desexed and therefore there will be no puppies-hence less miserable dogs living on the street.

Also perhaps you need to pay little more attention, the majority of those dogs never had an owner, but were born and grew up on the streets eating crap from the rubbish bins, were never vaccinated or cared for-hence the spread of sickness.

Perfect example for you would be the pup in the photo. When i found him he hardly had any hair on his body, he was covered with ring worms.

5 days of medicine and creams and photo speaks for itself.

Ever considered that all those sick dogs just need small medical attention and in many cases as cheap as 100 baht.

Mange tablets are 100 baht for 10, basically 100 baht for 1 year

Dumball, the world has not changed over night, and progress did not come in 1 year.

1 step at a time is what makes the difference.

Doing nothing will not exactly fix the problem, would it?

If we humans did nothing, but just sat there and waited for a miracle, wil stil be living in the caves.

'kuffki' timestamp='1295585486' post='4165286']<br />Dumball, the world has not changed over night, and progress did not come in 1 year.<br /><br />1 step at a time is what makes the difference.<br /><br />Doing nothing will not exactly fix the problem, would it?<br /><br />If we humans did nothing, but just sat there and waited for a miracle, wil stil be living in the caves.<br /><br /><br /><br />

You are absolutely correct in what you say Kuffki , I lived in Thailand for 7 years , with all of the talk and plans , things with the dogs only exascebated itself with more and more inbreeding , seems little has changed in the 5/6 years since I departed that very interesting country . Progress may not come in 1 year , but in 12 years it has become retrograde with the poor dogs as with many of the other plans spoken of with little action being taken .

I only wish there was an easy answer but in Thailand nothing much changes without large amounts of money changing hands , even down through the police into the local communities , you have a serious problem on your hands , good luck to you for all of you heart felt cocern .

Incidently , I thoroughly enjoyed our pleasant exchange of thought on this matter .

But animals were living in the wild and then we humans moved onto their territory not only on land, but sea and air.

So what you suggesting is that we should just exterminate them because we want the land they live on?

In that case, can they do the same? attack and exterminate us if they want our territory?

When we move into snakes land, they attack-we kill them

When we cut down forests, bears come to houses looking for food-we kill them.

So i am really unsure how you not ok with animals living with us but ok with taking their land and exterminating them.

Yeah, it's survival of the fittest.

Pretty simple, the animals we have living with us are our property... no different than the horses we used to use for transport or the cows we use for milk.

Good luck on your stray adoption campaign though.