Events, Festivals, Parties,

BangTaoBoy

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread where people could share their knowledge of anything that's going on. Might be something you are connected to, or just something you have driven past or seen a banner for.

I personally would like to know about everything, from a pub thats having a quiz night, to a small Thai style fair/carnival, right up to a 5000 Baht per ticket, charity do, in a five star hotel.

I will get the ball rolling. Starting today, there is a 'Local food festival' at Sapan Hin. I would say there is about 70 food stalls and the usual stage with loud music. I think the emphasis is on different types of food, like most Thais my wife knows her food, but there was a lot of stuff she had never heard of before. It's not as big as some of the do's at Sapan Hin, but worth a look if your passing by. Obviously you have all the usual food stalls there, as well as the evening market. Not sure how many days it runs for, but should be a week or two.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a rarity: a Bangtaoboy post that is not controversial that most people would agree with (I think)!

Too many Phuket events lack publicity; the fly-in show last weekend being a great example.

Good post, though I have no suggestions just yet.

Seconded MadMitch. :whistling:

I would have loved to attend the air show if I knew it was happening. Lots of complaints about no publicity for the Nai Harn Bike Event as well.

I think still going on for the next few days is a small festival in Karon near the circle. Food, endless booths of cheap clothing, sunglasses, shoes etc, Music CD's, DVD's, beer gardens, and two music stages. It's fun to try to beat the scammy games. I prefer the tennis ball tin cans. It's the only one I have been able to beat with consistency. The bottom 3 cans are bottom weighted and difficult to knock over. The darts don't fly straight and the targets for the air guns rarely fall over with direct hits. :)

Looks like there is a fun run at Bangwad dam. http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?id=9786

Excellent idea for a thread.

There's another music extravaganza at Friendship Beach on 25th this month. I was at the last two and they were very successful. They had four bands playing, an excellent buffet and it's in a great location. Worth a look.

Excellent idea for a thread.

There's another music extravaganza at Friendship Beach on 25th this month. I was at the last two and they were very successful. They had four bands playing, an excellent buffet and it's in a great location. Worth a look.

Brilliant. That's exactly what I'm talking about. I would never have heard about that, and didn't know about the ones before, but it's the kind of thing I would definitely just jump in the car and go to though. Cheers.

this is a fantastic thread! here are a few events that i know of:

--Phuket Community Foundation Great Rubber Duck Race @ Laguna Phuket on Sunday 23 January. I attended this last year; it's a charity event with great prizes!

--Phuket "Iron Pussy" Hash House Harriers run will be held on 9 February...don't have many more details on that one, but I know it involves drinking and running :)

--Nakonnai Art Museum (across from the Mangosteen Resort in Nai Harn/Rawai) has a new, ongoing original art exhibition. Open 10:00-7:00 p.m. daily and it's free.

--Phuket Old Town Festival will be held on 8-10 February (I think those are the correct dates)

GOMS (Grumpy Old Men's Society) will meet at Chalong Pier Beer Garden on Monday 24th Jan. Meetings are held regularly to raise funds for charities proposed & agreed upon by the members. It is also a good fun evening that runs from 6pm to around 8.30pm.

Rawai Beach IGFA Fishing Club is having a 3 Day Tournament to the Similan Islands 3rd-5th Feb there are 10 boats already going from Chalong and may be spaces left check with .... This has been posted on TV Fishing Forum but not locally.

Good idea this thread so we actually do know what is going on.Well done OP.

Rawai Beach IGFA Fishing Club is having a 3 Day Tournament to the Similan Islands 3rd-5th Feb there are 10 boats already going from Chalong and may be spaces left check with .... This has been posted on TV Fishing Forum but not locally.

A fishing tournament at the Similan Islands National Park? Gotta be kidding!

pattaya burapa park bike week feb 11/12, i hear?

Crobiker posted a list of bike weeks which is pinned over on the bike forum.

I have a list of few upcoming events but if you want to be regularly updated, please check Thailand Upcoming Bike Weeks, Rallies and Events:

Nakhon Nayok Sport Bike Week: 8th January 2011

Nai Harn Phuket Bike Event: 15th January 2011

Pak Phanang Bikers Event: 22nd January 2011

Bangkok Motorbike Festival: 26th January 2011 to 30th January 2011

Thung Song King of Street Party: 29th January 2011

Lopburi Bike Week: 29th January 2011

Burapa Pattaya Bike Week: 11th February 2011 to 12th February 2011

Hundred Eyes Bike Week Pranburi: 19th February 2011

Annual Chiang Mai Toyride: 20th February 2011

Suphan Buri Bike Week: 26th February 2011

Surat Thani Bike Week: 26th February 2011

V-Class Thailand Bike Week: 11th March 2011 to 12th March 2011

Phatthalung Bike Week: 29th March 2011

Phuket Bike Week: 8th April 2011 to 10th April 2011

The Fool Siam Mc Night Party: 9th April 2011

Bike Events Thailand

A fishing tournament at the Similan Islands National Park? Gotta be kidding!

Why not?

I believe all the game fishing companies practice catch and release.

I asked the same question a few days ago in a different thread. The tournament will be held outside the national park borders, plus it will be catch and release.

GOMS (Grumpy Old Men's Society) will meet at Chalong Pier Beer Garden on Monday 24th Jan. Meetings are held regularly to raise funds for charities proposed & agreed upon by the members. It is also a good fun evening that runs from 6pm to around 8.30pm.

Any group, club or society that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to belong to.

Any group, club or society that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to belong to.

Get youself don to the real GOMS...If you are not already a member....

I could qualify for this, but it goes a bit late into the night for me.

Why not?

I believe all the game fishing companies practice catch and release.

I asked the same question a few days ago in a different thread. The tournament will be held outside the national park borders, plus it will be catch and release.

That is correct all Billfish will be tagged and released all boats will be equipped with tagging equipment a first for this part of the world.

There are set rules and regulations adhering to IGFA standards. There is even a minimum size for table fish none of this mentality if it swims it goes in the pot. Also all fishing will be done in Bluewater outwith the 3 mile Park limit.RBFC was originally at AJ's but is now held at Paradise Beach Bar right on the water Kata end of Rawai Beach just along from the Orbitor's office.

don't forget to add it costs around 40,000 baht for the 3 days..:whistling:

There is an event starting tonight which I assume runs all weekend, about one mile south of Tha Rua (Sisters Monument) It's an Issarn concert with dancing, and the usual food stalls and I assume beer tent. It definitely falls in to what me and the wife would call a country bumpkin affair. (We use that word affectionately not derogatorily) It wont be every bodies cup of tea, very traditional, bit like stepping back in the past, but a good experience for those who haven't been to anything like this before.

I don't think I'll be going, so I would like to hear back from anyone that does, maybe a picture or two.

don't forget to add it costs around 40,000 baht for the 3 days..:whistling:

This is true but where else in the world would you get 3 nights 4 days Marlin (Big Game Fishing) for just over $1000 with all your meals in air conditioned comfort? For some people this is a once in a lifetime trip in the US & Oz you would pay this a day minimum. Not in everybody's budget but not everybody in Phuket is on a shoestring this is very good value by world standards maybe even the best value.

This is true but where else in the world would you get 3 nights 4 days Marlin (Big Game Fishing) for just over $1000 with all your meals in air conditioned comfort? For some people this is a once in a lifetime trip in the US & Oz you would pay this a day minimum. Not in everybody's budget but not everybody in Phuket is on a shoestring this is very good value by world standards maybe even the best value.

Again, won't be going myself, but would love to see some photos.

I'm glad to see quite a few people have got involved in this thread. I think posting a few photos of the events mentioned or at least checking back in to say how they went could be interesting as well. Give people an idea of what they missed and if they would want to go next time or not.

Again, won't be going myself, but would love to see some photos.

I'm glad to see quite a few people have got involved in this thread. I think posting a few photos of the events mentioned or at least checking back in to say how they went could be interesting as well. Give people an idea of what they missed and if they would want to go next time or not.

I will make sure that there are some photos posted on Thai Visa fishing Forum and I will put the link on Phuket Forum. Hopefully some Big Ones certainly 40+ Guys from various countries having fun. Thanks for the good words and we look forward to making this a world event in 2012. Which can only be a good thing for Thailand and Phuket.

Archived