Events, Festivals, Parties,

BangTaoBoy

GOMS (Grumpy Old Men's Society) will meet at Chalong Pier Beer Garden on Monday 24th Jan. Meetings are held regularly to raise funds for charities proposed & agreed upon by the members. It is also a good fun evening that runs from 6pm to around 8.30pm.

Any group, club or society that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to belong to.

Is your middle name Groucho?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you good folk are subscribed to the Phuket Gazette's 'Events' RSS feed? A lot of repetitive rubbish ads to be deleted, but a fair source of information nonetheless.

It always surprises me that people put on events here in Phuket, but don't post on the Gazette's Events Calendar. Maybe I'm being naive, but it'd be great to have the events in the paper, with a link to a discussion thread like this one. Or am I missing something?

Of course, you all know that we have free Computer Clinics every Sunday morning. The clinic tomorrow is in Chalong. Unfortunately, I won't be there (have to help drown a few hundred ducks, throwing them off a bridge), but the usual crowd will carry on. Big Q&A session. Lots of discussion about Internet, smartphones, tablets, viruses, pirate software - and the usual working through problems in Windows and Office.

We're drawing 40 or so people to most sessions these days, so if you want a chair, you should show up early.

Seduction Group have their open bar parties at Seduction Nightclub - Factory Bar and Phuket Beach Club. 1000.- THB covers the entrance fee and unlimited drinking of imported spirits, beer and cocktails for 2 hours. Days and venue tend to change a bit.

Feel free to PM me for up to date info

Nicely done good post, and the BIG event coming up of course next month is Phuket Blues Rock Festival at Hilton Arcadia!!! WHAT A LINEUP!! Seven countries are sending artists, mostly USA of course like in the past. see the website if you havent already, simply great!!

Tonight and I think every Tuesday night during high season is a "battle of the bands" at Friendship Beach in Rawai.

Lots of good rock 'n roll and a large buffet, I'm not sure of all the details (times and prices), but there ya go anyway. Cheers, GOM

They are calling it a "Music Extravaganza" and I think they do it about once a month.

There are 4 bands starting at 6:45 PM.

"Fuzz Tones", "Colin Hill Band", and "Big Bamboo" are going to play.

Tonight and I think every Tuesday night during high season is a "battle of the bands" at Friendship Beach in Rawai.

Lots of good rock 'n roll and a large buffet, I'm not sure of all the details (times and prices), but there ya go anyway. Cheers, GOM

They are calling it a "Music Extravaganza" and I think they do it about once a month.

There are 4 bands starting at 6:45 PM.

"Fuzz Tones", "Colin Hill Band", and "Big Bamboo" are going to play.

I thought Colin Hill was at Freebird bar on Tuesdays? Oh well, could be Alzheimers setting in...........

According to the Gazette, Wat Chalong Festival starts on 3rd February.

From driving past it looks like there are loads of stalls there already.

Can anyone give any better info?

PS Mods, why don't we make this thread a sticky? It may get forgotten as it disappears down the list.

Does anyone know when the next fishing tournament is? Do they have a web site or any links? Thanks

I'd love to know too

I'm hoping McFarang will be posting some photos soon, so hopefully he can give you some info then.

If he doesn't post any pictures soon, then I will start to have suspicions that they didn't catch anything biggrin.gif

This is a Khao Lak event (beautiful beach resort destination, about 1 hour north of Phuket), but might be of interest to some anyway.

The Phuket Blues and Rock festival takes place later this month and one of the bands from the UK - The New Machine - are playing a chairty gig up in Khao Lak for free (20th Feb). They play Pink Floyd music and look pretty good, putting on a proper pink floyd experience "show" - if you like pink floyd this looks great! This will be at the biggest local bar up there - Zantika (not to be confused with the BKK Zantika :-( ....) and the bar have agreed to donate 20% of every drink sold to the charity. The charity is www.khaolakappeal.com.

Could be a good weekend away!?

AJ's Bar Bistro & Bungalows Rawai Beachhas been SOLD

Jay & Anong would like to invite one and all to a

THANK YOU & FAREWELL PARTY

Monday 14th

Valentines day

BBQ 7pm

Great Band 9pm

Thank you all for your support through thick and thin :)

If looking for Jay after the 15th look out to the big blue I will be on MV Nemo with rod in hand, making up for the last five years of being stuck in the kitchen and behind the bar!!!!

post-69690-0-97627200-1297602659_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

This won't be of much interest to most as it is an event for Thais, but if anyone is in the dog house or sleeping on the couch right now, then buying a couple of these tickets for your wife and her mate might be your answer.

On the 26th of this month their is a concert at Saphan Hin. It starts at 8.30pm and tickets are 200 baht. I can't begin to tell you who is there but I know they are all well known by Thais from the TV. One of my wifes favourites are there, a bunch of comedians that always wear kilts, if that means anything to anyone.

Anyway, if you wanted to treat the misses, then there is a good chance she would enjoy this show.

I will make sure that there are some photos posted on Thai Visa fishing Forum and I will put the link on Phuket Forum. Hopefully some Big Ones certainly 40+ Guys from various countries having fun. Thanks for the good words and we look forward to making this a world event in 2012. Which can only be a good thing for Thailand and Phuket.

No signs of any pics in fishing forum or here yet. Hope you still plan to put some up. May be a good advert for next year.

Of course the Phuket Blues Rock Festival at the Hilton Arcadia on the 25th and 26th... If anyone wants to save 300 baht... Go to Rick N' Roll Music cafe to get tickets for 1,200 instead of the gate price of 1,500 baht plus if your a real fan of the blues sing a small verse of your favorite blues song and get a free local beer with your ticket purchase. There will be a Rhythm and Blue Party at Rick N' Roll on Monday the 28th of Feb and if you bring your wrist band you also get a free local Beer.

RickNRoll_ALLYOUCANEAT.jpg

Archived