Events, Festivals, Parties,

BangTaoBoy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The regular Sunday jams are back on at Orchid Garden! :guitar::violin::guitar:

(Soi Na Na Chat, next to the new mini TOPS in Rawai)

It will be better than ever tonight as some of the performers from the Blues Festival will definitely be there.

Magical nights - you want ambience? This is the place to be, see you there!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Cherng Telay Wat is having a fair

Which finishes on the 6th. From the 7th, a similar style event will be in Ta Rue (in the field by the Heroines monument)

P.S The word 'Death' in 'The wall of death', applies to the spectators as well as the rider. :D

Phuket Art Village in Rawai is moving locations and will have a fund-raiser to pay for their power and water supply. On March 26, 250 THB gets you live performances by Mour Tour, Job 2 Do and Tai Sawan. Expect this to be a good party with lots of eclectic, creative and cool people. Feel free to print the attached flier and pass it on. Hope to see you all there.

post-41872-0-83389600-1299576779_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Airport Freaks.Sundays we have a drink together about 18.30.No water drinkers.bring your own peace of meat fire on to 20.30.BIKERSTYLE SUNDAYS.Vespas welcome too.Some chess players around up here lets meet for a game any other day.2.april Sat.hardrocker on w2wheels may come over around 20.00.Heroesend MC old airportrd. .left side when you come on the 4031 1 km before the gallery.

I was just searching on the net to find what is going on in Phuket, and find that it is very difficult to find something to go to.

I like music, like 60 - 90 rock , good blues, folk, Irish music, reggae, etc. but when the blues come up - 4000 B bath for a ticket in Sheriton.

I am looking for something free or up to 300 bath for a ticket.

Just like to listen to good music with some friends a beer and do not like to ruin my economy and my monthly living.

Where in phuket can you find information about a music places or event for low cost, like a weekly update , In Europe I can go to local festivals and music places with out ruin my economy.

A benefit concert entitled “LOVE AID – To Japan From Phuket With Love”

http://www.loveaidphuket.org/

PHUKET: A benefit concert entitled “LOVE AID – To Japan From Phuket With Love” has been scheduled for April 2 on Karon Beach, with 100 per cent of proceeds going to help victims of the Japan earthquake, tsunami and subsequent explosions at a nuclear power plant.

“100 baht = 100 per cent donation and 100 per cent makes the difference. We are doing this to make as much money as we can for these people, so we keep it simple this way. They need this money now, so we must move quickly. Originally slated for March 31 we have now moved it forward to April 2, a Saturday, to attract more people” he added.

Many hotels and restaurants will donate food and drink and sponsor booths. Other businesses are expected to donate auction items.

Entertainment director of the event, Ricky Zen, has helped organize similar events in the past. He is confident that some of the island’s top musicians will be playing on the day.

If any Artists are available contact Ricky at: [email protected]

Many hotels and restaurants will donate food and drink and sponsor booths. Other businesses are expected to donate auction items.

Anyone wishing to donate or help can contact Edgardo at 080-9515056

I was just searching on the net to find what is going on in Phuket, and find that it is very difficult to find something to go to.

I like music, like 60 - 90 rock , good blues, folk, Irish music, reggae, etc. but when the blues come up - 4000 B bath for a ticket in Sheriton.

I am looking for something free or up to 300 bath for a ticket.

Just like to listen to good music with some friends a beer and do not like to ruin my economy and my monthly living.

Where in phuket can you find information about a music places or event for low cost, like a weekly update , In Europe I can go to local festivals and music places with out ruin my economy.

If you live near Nai Harn or Rawai, there is a Sunday night jam that goes on at a place called Orchid Garden.

It is behind where Don's Mall used to be, on Soi NanaChat.

Sounds like you would enjoy it.

You never know who is going to show up but, some nights it's really good blues and rock jams.

This is the Big One ..... Love Aid Tsunami, Japan ... Karon Park, April 2 from 2 PM til 2 AM .. Keep an eye on Local press & radio on how you can help .... Rick, ricknroll, is in charge of the entertainment, I am in charge of sales and sponsorship, any help of donations will be appreciated ... or even, just come down and join in the fun :rolleyes:

The Love Aid concert has been cancelled!

If you still want to hear good music played by the cream of Phuket musicians, come down to Orchid Gardens in Rawai any Sunday evening.

Great music played by experienced musicians of many nationalities simply for the love of making sweet music. :guitar:

No fees, no egos, and NO CHARGE! Yes, it's absolutely free!

Drinks and good food available at very reasonable prices in a great location.

Check it out!

If you still want to hear good music played by the cream of Phuket musicians, come down to Orchid Gardens in Rawai any Sunday evening.

Great music played by experienced musicians of many nationalities simply for the love of making sweet music. :guitar:

Check it out!

where is the Orchid Gardens location exactly?

also, Phuket bike week starts tomorrow the 8th in Patong right?

Yep, 8th or 9th depending on which web site you look at.

See link which states "The climax of the event will come on the evening of April 9, when all the big bikes at the event will be lined up on display next to Patong Beach."

Check it out!

Orchid garden is in Soi Na Na Chat. The new mini TOPS store is on the corner. You'll see the bikes outside.

Yep, 8th or 9th depending on which web site you look at.

See link http://www.thaivisa....36#entry4341536 which states "The climax of the event will come on the evening of April 9, when all the big bikes at the event will be lined up on display next to Patong Beach."

phuketbikeweekdotcom starts tonight April 8th at Loma Park, Patong. This year it will be all in one location, Loma park and the footballfield across the beachroad.

Access is free, or 500 baht for Friday night dinner or 1000 baht includes dinner and all the stuff like shirts, pins and so on

I think this thread is plodding along nicely, but I'm sure there's a lot more going on out there, than we hear about, so don't forget to let us know what you are up to.

I also think this thread would really benefit from some photos, so people can really see what they have missed, and know weather they fancy going next time around.

I'm not sure if I will be able to get down to the bike week, so if any one could post a couple of pics, I would be greatfull.

Check it out!

Orchid garden is in Soi Na Na Chat. The new mini TOPS store is on the corner. You'll see the bikes outside.

i found it but it was closed last Sunday April 10th. when will it reopen?

i found it but it was closed last Sunday April 10th. when will it reopen?

It will probably be open this coming Sunday, some changes happening at the moment. I'll let you know when I know more.

The NHL (ice hockey to the uninitiated) playoffs are being recorded and played the following evening at approx 6:30pm at the Freebird bar, Rawai.

Watch them in air conditioned comfort on the big screens. They also have beer and snacks!

Sounds like a plan. B)

Airport Area.If any Motorcycle fans out there may meet up here once a week sundayevenings .

Any chess players out up there lets have a partie.

Rock n Roller,Heaymetalheads ,hotrods ,vespas,beerlovers ,mechanics, girlmechanics,The Who lovers,ELP fans and that sort of fans lets get sometimes something happen up here.tired of driving 20 km all the time.

i am located on old road to the airport.085 7959160

There is a very small local muslim festival in Ban Bang Jo, Cherng Telay, tonight and tomorrow. It's a right turn just before you go under the red 'Welcome' dragon sign that goes over the road, as you travel West on the 4025, just before the Phuket Marbella office. It's avery small affair and completely Muslim, so probably not worth going out your way for, unless you fancy a decent goat curry or you need a new Hijab or two.

Next Sunday 8th May.

There is a dragon boat festival on Nai Harn Lake.

Teams of 16 if you can drum up that number, if not come along anyway.

Entry is free, the dragon boating is free as well.

If you come alone you can will still be added to a team if you want to.

Free instruction and safety gear provided as well.

Food and refreshment is available.

Starts at 1pm.

Beginners are welcome.

Next Sunday 8th May.

Starts at 1pm.

Beginners are welcome.

I'm gutted. I don't think I will be about that day. Sounds like a great bit of fun. I know I keep saying this, but people keep ignoring me :( If anyone who goes, wants to thow a couple of photos, I would enjoy seeing what I missed out on.

Next Sunday 8th May.

Starts at 1pm.

Beginners are welcome.

I'm gutted. I don't think I will be about that day. Sounds like a great bit of fun. I know I keep saying this, but people keep ignoring me :( If anyone who goes, wants to thow a couple of photos, I would enjoy seeing what I missed out on.

i did it last year...our team came 2nd to last against an all girl team...lol

Rawai Nai Harn Dragon Boat club are having a quiz and Indian Curry Night on the 18th May.

The curries are excellent and there are prizes to win.

Venue is the Enigma bar at the Rawai end of Wiset Rd, starts at 7pm

All welcome.

You might end up joining the club though!

Archived