Events, Festivals, Parties,

BangTaoBoy

Rawai Nai Harn Dragon Boat club are having a quiz and Indian Curry Night on the 18th May.

The curries are excellent and there are prizes to win.

Venue is the Enigma bar at the Rawai end of Wiset Rd, starts at 7pm

All welcome.

You might end up joining the club though!

Is it on the Pier road?

SO if it starts at 7 do you get there before?

Sorry never been to a quiz night but this looks fun.

how many people per team?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it on the Pier road?

SO if it starts at 7 do you get there before?

Sorry never been to a quiz night but this looks fun.

how many people per team?

Teams of 4 but just come along and partner up, no-one will be left out!

Head towards Rawai Beach from Chalong Enigma is about 200 metres before the road does a 90 degree right onto the beach road itself.

If you turn up at 7 you will be there before the start so shouldn't miss it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rawai Nai Harn Dragon Boat club are having another Quiz Night tomorrow, Wednesday 22nd June.

Mexico vs India: Chili Con Carne & Korma.

Come and join in the fun.

Venue is the Enigma bar at the Rawai end of Wiset Rd, opposite Rawai Pharmacy.

Starts at 7 pm.

All welcome.

Saturday July 2nd will be an American Independence Celebration at Headstart School in Kathu, across from Makro from 10AM-7PM.

Yes, yes, the actual day is The Fourth Of July, but a little inconvenient for the school as that is a Monday.

Entrance is free, there will be American beers (not the watery stuff) like Sam Adams and Anchor Steam for the adults, a band, tons of stuff for kids, games, rides, contests with little prizes, typically terrible American food like hotdogs and hamburgers (joking........actually not really), but anyway it will be a family fun day so bring a picnic lunch and help us celebrate when we told King George to hit road.

Thank you to The Navy League of Phuket for putting this on.

Hope to see you all there, I'll be hard to miss, look for the grumpyoldman.

Saturday July 2nd will be an American Independence Celebration at Headstart School in Kathu, across from Makro from 10AM-7PM.

Yes, yes, the actual day is The Fourth Of July, but a little inconvenient for the school as that is a Monday.

Entrance is free, there will be American beers (not the watery stuff) like Sam Adams and Anchor Steam for the adults, a band, tons of stuff for kids, games, rides, contests with little prizes, typically terrible American food like hotdogs and hamburgers (joking........actually not really), but anyway it will be a family fun day so bring a picnic lunch and help us celebrate when we told King George to hit road.

Thank you to The Navy League of Phuket for putting this on.

Hope to see you all there, I'll be hard to miss, look for the grumpyoldman.

I may attend and have a mingle with you colonial chappies, maybe help some of you with correct pronunciation etc. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saturday 24 September 2011 is Twin Palms' 7th anniversary party...usually dubbed "The White Party" with free booze and food from 20:00-22:00...this event is super fun and usually Phuket's "party of the year".

Wednesday 28 September 2011 is Sri Panwa's Sweet Sexy and Spicy F1 After Party-freaking fantastic line-up includes Bloc Party, Massive Attack, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Vicenzo & Lovebirds...not sure of the cover charge...probably on the hotel's website.

• 2 months later...

The fourth round of the FIM Asia Enduro is being held in Phuket at Kamala Beach on the 17th & 18th of this month. Should be a blast for off road bike fans.

Sounds like fun. Any idea where in Kamala? Any entrance fees?

The fourth round of the FIM Asia Enduro is being held in Phuket at Kamala Beach on the 17th & 18th of this month. Should be a blast for off road bike fans.

No idea mate, all the the big billboards around the island are completely in Thai.

I'm guessing if you roll in to Kamala it shouldn't be too hard to see what's going on and I can't see it being that expensive if there's a charge at all. The course is 5-7 km's long. How much of that will be miles deep in the jungle I don't know, or where the best vantage point will be.

I think I'm going to miss and I'm gutted. Should be a lot of fun.

No idea mate, all the the big billboards around the island are completely in Thai.

I'm guessing if you roll in to Kamala it shouldn't be too hard to see what's going on and I can't see it being that expensive if there's a charge at all. The course is 5-7 km's long. How much of that will be miles deep in the jungle I don't know, or where the best vantage point will be.

I think I'm going to miss and I'm gutted. Should be a lot of fun.

There is a start, and or finish line, or maybe just an awards area, at the Tsunami Memorial Park, and also a roped off area in the vacant lot just south of the Friday market.

There is a little bit of info here. Scroll down and it lists some event times in Thai:

http://www.dirttrackthai.com/smf/index.php?topic=4377.0

Does everyone know that the Phuket Electronic Music & Dance Festival will be held on Karon Beach, Phuket on New Year's Eve.

There will be top acts, hot DJs, and fellow fans from 7 pm on into 2012.

Join the competition for the newest, most distinctive artist in the IP DJ

Hunt 2011 for cash and prizes: 20,000 baht, 10,000 Baht and 5,000 Baht for

the top 3 winners, with prizes from Pioneer DJ.

The Goal of Phuket Electronic Music and Dance Festival 2011 and Creative IP

DJ Hunt 2011 Southern Region is to promote electronic music in Thailand,

encourage talented young Thai electronic artists and modernize the

electronic music industry in Thailand. Winners of IP DJ hunt contest will

win 20,000 baht, 10,000 Baht and 5,000 Baht for top 3 winners with prizes

from Pioneer DJ.

The 2 day festival will showcase an exciting line up of more than 30 DJs

from both Thailand and International. Top Thai DJs are J Monton and Dom

Parkorn Lam, Mark Brain, Slick and Domination, winner of the Best Video DJ

of the World contest in Dubai 2011.

This is also the first time, that more than 10 top clubs in Phuket

participate in the festival.

The Creative IP DJ Hunt will take place on Karon Beach starting 1500 hours

on the 30th of December with Award and Opening ceremony at around 2200

hours. Join the New Year 2012 Countdown ceremony on Karon Beach starting

2330 hours.

Fashion TV, the world's number One fashion and life style channel, also a

co-organizer of the event will feature this exciting event through the

channel to its audience around the world.

• 1 month later...

COMEDY NIGHTS at Chalong pier beer garden[home of the GOMS] every wednsday night .8 pm start///..ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES,BLACK ADDER,etc..great location,upper floor, big screen great sound,free entry...all welcome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last 2 days to enter THE P.I.CAR RALLY..,only a few places left,great drive round Phuket,great prizes,good value,all prroceeds to local Charity organisations..Cme and join us..

Check out the website http://phuketinvitational.com or go to the Chalong Pier Beer Garden to post your entry. It was a great event last year & is a chance to do something different for a change & have a lot of fun. The whole family can join which includes lunch & dinner.

• 1 month later...

Anyone going to the hot dog eating competition on the 15th?

Qualification: - Minimum Age 20 years - Male or Female - Thai or Foreigner At HomePro Village Phuket (Chalong). Contest total winning price for more than 15,000 Baht. Register NOW - May 5, 2012. For more information contact

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

For people that live in the north of the island....

Sea Breeze Restaurant on Surin beach is having a re-launch party on the 26-05-2012 with Pjae Stanley and Illy perfoming live from 4pm onwards, they are doing an all you can eat and drink buffet" between 4pm and 9pm with Thai and Flame grilled american food, alcoholic and soft drinks.

Prices start at 999 baht payable in advance online via www.thebestbeachclub.com or at Sea Breeze Restaurant located on Surin Beach south end approx 50m from the car park.

Sounds good....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived