BANGKOK 23 May 2019 09:54
Sign in to follow this  
johnrushton1982

Vfs Application Centre At Regent House Bangkok

Selling fraudulent copyrighted goods is, believe it or not, illegal in Thailand. Giving visa 'advice' is not.

As you can see reading this topic, and others, there are warnings on the embassy website, the VAC website and in the building.

Most people seem to see one, more or all of them; some don't. How is that the embassy's fault?

Although I personally like to be informed about peoples bad experiences or places to avoid, I thought that it was TV's policy not to name and shame . . . ?

Thai libel laws do have to make us wary of 'naming and shaming.' It is not just the person making any allegations that could be sued for/charged with defamation, but also the media publishing such allegations; i.e. this forum.

However, naming a company involved in bad practice on a forum such as this may be ok if:-

1) Any allegations were true and could be proven so,

2) Any allegations were coming from several unrelated sources and not just one individual,

and

3) It was in the public interest to do so.

Show me where any company or individual has been 'named and shamed' in this topic and I will deal with it appropriately.

Edited by 7by7
Addenda

The VFS website clearly states :

Where can I get advice?

VFS staff cannot give you advice on how to complete your application, or what type of visa you should apply for. If you need help with your application or advice about the UK's immigration rules and requirements, you should seek advice from a qualified immigration adviser. In the UK immigration advisers are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC- www.oisc.gov.uk).

You can also obtain advice from legally qualified professionals regulated by designated professional bodies. A list of legally qualified professionals who can advise on immigration matters can be downloaded from the following websites:

Law Society of England and Wales

Law Society of Scotland

Law Society of Northern Ireland

Institute of Legal Executives

Please note: The Law Societies of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and the Institute of Legal Executivescannot provide direct help or advice on visa applications. They can only provide a list of law firms who can advise on immigration matters.

Use of visa agents

Also of further interest I was at VFS on Tuesday and they have inserted large foot prints on the floor which clearly take you to the correct office.

Just a thought and to protect us fellow British Citizens and our Thai companions:-

The British Embassy are so exact in requiring every minute detail on their respective forms that they could easily print out warnings against those that we can fall prey to.

That's a good idea - to print the warning on the form.

Visa application forms are not country specific and are downloaded from the UKBA website no matter where one is applying. Adding reams of information and warnings for each country to the already vast amount of notes on the forms and guidance would not, in my opinion, help as I suspect that most people would not bother to read it. Indeed, I suspect that many do not read the information already there!

Country specific information, and warnings, can be found either on the embassy or UKVAC website for that country.