Purchasing Babies Clothes In Chiang Mai

mai_ow

The likes of Tesco and Carrefour are alright if you want cheap tack that will fall apart if you fart anywhere near them, but for better quality head for Central in the Central shopping mall on Thanon Huay Khaew - kiddies section on the top floor. Robinson's in the Airport Plaza is also ok.

The likes of Tesco and Carrefour are alright if you want cheap tack that will fall apart if you fart anywhere near them, but for better quality head for Central in the Central shopping mall on Thanon Huay Khaew - kiddies section on the top floor. Robinson's in the Airport Plaza is also ok.

Thank you for the info. I'll have a look at Central and Robinson. :D

There used to be a children' and babies shop on the same road as Kasem store except after the traffic lights. Don't know if it's still there.

P.S. The title of the thread threw me for a minute.

Thanks for the tip. I don't know exactly where Kasem store is, but I'll ask around. :D Is this babies shop large?

Thanks again.

Cheers,

MO

P.S. "babies shop" can also be misleading :o:D

Anybody can recommend good shops or stores for newborn's stuff in Chiang Mai? :D  The ones that I have seen, such as Tesco-Lotus, don't have enough variety of choices :D

Thanks a lot! :D

MO

Hello MO,

A good shop for babies;

In Ratchawong Rd, I don't remember the number in the street. The best to arrive on this place is to pass by Chang Moi Rd starting by the square, then turn left at the stop (only one in this road after the small channel), and about 500 meters, the shop is left side, a big shop, if you don't find it, ask to the peoples in this street, a wellknown company. Many things and good quality, good service, etc...

If you have no car, 09 838 64 60

This is a friend who has a tuc-tuc, and know this place, named Wat.

Good luck,

Michel :o

[email protected]

Anybody can recommend good shops or stores for newborn's stuff in Chiang Mai? :D  The ones that I have seen, such as Tesco-Lotus, don't have enough variety of choices :D

MO

Hello MO,

A good shop for babies;

In Ratchawong Rd, I don't remember the number in the street. The best to arrive on this place is to pass by Chang Moi Rd starting by the square, then turn left at the stop (only one in this road after the small channel), and about 500 meters, the shop is left side, a big shop, if you don't find it, ask to the peoples in this street, a wellknown company. Many things and good quality, good service, etc...

Good luck,

[email protected]

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the information. :D I'll check the shop first thing in the morning.

Cheers,

MO

Be careful buying Thai made toys for young tots, mai ow. Not to slag off the Thais but the quality of Thai-made products leave a lot to be desired. Spend some more money and pick international products - probably put together here anyway - but at least they are more durable.

Be careful buying Thai made toys for young tots, mai ow. Not to slag off the Thais but the quality of Thai-made products leave a lot to be desired. Spend some more money and pick international products - probably put together here anyway - but at least they are more durable.

Good point...I'm also wondering about how safe a Thai "designed" toy would be...child safety is not as big a concern here as in the US in my experience....notice the kids on motorcycles without helmets and how many infant car seats have you seen here?

Good point...I'm also wondering about how safe a Thai "designed" toy would be...child safety is not as big a concern here as in the US in my experience....notice the kids on motorcycles without helmets and how many infant car seats have you seen here?

ricefarmer, are you a yank. :o

Well, 'congratulations' first and foremost.. :o I hope I will find myself shopping for baby items real soon as well. I don't plan to go 'imported' for absolutely everything, but will do so for some obvious items (child safety seats for example). Indeed I found a fair collection at Robinson.. And then I was in Bangkok I found a HUGE collection at Emporium. If you want to go imported then that's the place to go.

For toys of couse the main concern is any toxicity of paint or finishings, and small parts that could potentially come off. I'm not sure if I will ONLY stick to imported stuff but it will definitely be a concern when shopping for these items.

Cheers,

Chanachao

Mods please correct this thread title

Done

Topic title changed from "Shopping for babies in Chiang Mai" to "Purchasing Babies In Chiang Mai". Hopefully this removes the ambiguity.

Suggest "Purchasing babies requirements" or something similar would be more apt!

The present title is still misleading, and sad! :o

Well, 'congratulations' first and foremost.. :o  I hope I will find myself shopping for baby items real soon as well. I don't plan to go 'imported' for absolutely everything, but will do so for some obvious items (child safety seats for example). Indeed I found a fair collection at Robinson.. And then I was in Bangkok I found a HUGE collection at Emporium. If you want to go imported then that's the place to go.

For toys of couse the main concern is any toxicity of paint or finishings, and small parts that could potentially come off. I'm not sure if I will ONLY stick to imported stuff but it will definitely be a concern when shopping for these items.

Cheers,

Chanachao

Thank you Chanachao :D Actually yesterday I found a decent collection of items at the top floor in Central shopping mall :D.

Have a good weekend!

MO

chanchao: Indeed I found a fair collection at Robinson.. And then I was in Bangkok I found a HUGE collection at Emporium. If you want to go imported then that's the place to go.

The Emporium is good. But when it comes to baby stuff, the Central Chidlom in BKK rules. They have an entire floor dedicated to baby gear and toys, a changing room, a kiddie playground, everything you can imagine. Pricey though.

Cheers, X-Pat

Mods please correct this thread title

Topic title changed from "Shopping for babies in Chiang Mai" to "Purchasing Babies In Chiang Mai". Hopefully this removes the ambiguity.

Suggest "Purchasing babies requirements" or something similar would be more apt!

The present title is still misleading, and sad! :o

My apologies for my edit above. :D

Seems my sense of humour may be a bit strong. :D:D

While we're on the topic of changing things.. I think Nickerelastic would do well to change his avatar image.. You're not supposed to have overly risque or nud_e avatars.

(<----- And no points for anyone informing me this badger dude here is nekkid.. :o )

(And I thought it was funny, p1p! :-)

Cheers,

Chanchao

MO

Hello MO,

A good shop for babies;

Good luck,

[email protected]

Michel

My wife and I looked for this place today and had no luck. Do you know any other store near it (or the name of the store)? Thanks

That baby store - does it have a name? When my first son was born I went in there few times to look for stuff. It was just down the road from the first Kasem store, off Chang Moi road, kind of around the corner from the Prince Hotel. Dont know if it's still there, but that's where it used to be.

Are you having a boy or a girl? I've got tonnes of western bought and in good condition newborn and baby boy clothes - I am finished having kids... the two I've got run me ragged as it is...

I passed your message on to my wife.  We don't know the sex of the baby yet but we're looking for some other items.  Do you by chance have any of the following for sale?

Crib or play pen

Change table/dresser

Infant swing

Booster seat (plastic)

Baby monitor

Thanks

hmm, that's all a little too posh for my meagre salary - except the booster seat, which I'm still using as my youngest son is only 1 and a half. but i do have heaps of clothes. some that are almost new, cus my mom bought stuff for the cold season and then both boys were born in feb so had outgrown everything long sleeved before they needed to wear it. i've also got a 3 wheeled jogging stroller and a backpack carrier thing that I probably won't be able to use for much longer. Why don't you put an ad in the Chiang Mai City Life classifieds? Or go to Central. I've seen all the things that you listed there.