Looking For A Grocery

smb

hi all

im looking for a grocery store that has more foriegn stuff.i went to food land the one in patpong but it was small and they didnt have alot it small

i was told that Emporium has a grocery store and it is the best for expats

is it true?!!

if not what do u recomend?

thanks

hi all

im looking for a grocery store that has more foriegn stuff.i went to food land the one in patpong but it was small and they didnt have alot it small

i was told that Emporium has a grocery store and it is the best for expats

is it true?!!

if not what do u recomend?

thanks

The supermarket I shop (Villa Supermarket at Soi Lang Suan) has a lot of foreign stuff.

Yes, Villa will satisfy you much more than foodland which in my opinion's only redeeming value is turkey breast slices that I have found nowhere else. Emporium market is fairly comparable to Villa and worth a look too, but Villa on Sukhumvit Soi 33 has the best selection I have seen in Bangkok and is also open 24/7. The thing about Villa is their stock of certain things runs out from time to time so just because you don't see it once, it may pop up a month or two later (everyone is out of Velveeta right now, argh!). There was a poll on which is the best farang supermarket a while back I think in the farang food & pub section too.

thank u soooo much guys

i went to Emporium today its good but i will sure try Villa next time. (these days supermarkets are my hangouts hehehehehe) kidding but i love shoping and its one of the things that i can do alone :o

does Soi Lang Suan mean 33?

The suburban Foodlands are much better than those old versions downtown IMHO. Latphao Road branch is my current choice and has a good selection and room to maneuver carts. Villa is only downtown so have not used them in the last 20 years but used to have good meat sections but otherwise more expensive. Lotus, Big C and Carrefour all have good supermarkets with a number of imported items but are not targeted to foreigners. The Market Place (or whatever current name is) located in The Mall department stores have always been well stocked. And the Tops chain is usually close by with a fair selection.

im confused now :o

i live very close to patpong i dont even know how to explain to the taxi driver what is this road called....they never seem to know it!!!!!!

i have up on trying to give them the address so i just say surwong road and from there i give the directions

anyway as i said earlier i went to the foodland in patpong but it is very small and they dont have many things

i also went to Emporium.it is really good they have stuff that i have seen before :D:) and also in english,my next trip would be to villa

but Emporium and villa that u guys are talking about is far from where i live

is there a good market that is close to me???? as good as Emporium

i wouldnt mind the distance though if i have to( i miss home cooked food although the only thing i know is pasta) :D:):D

but i will try new stuff (whats the emergency number in bangkok in case something happens) looooooool

A while back someone gave the web site for Tesco Lotus in Chiang Mai, and was given a lot of stick, is there any chance he is sitting on the side and only reads the forum now and could give me sites for Carrefour, Home Pro, Makro, and Big C, in Chiang Mai, Thanks, as I love to compare how much we are being ripped off with UK prices, Coca Cola being one, pence in LOS, Pound+ UK.

im confused now :o

i live very close to patpong i dont even know how to explain to the taxi driver what is this road called....they never seem to know it!!!!!!

i have up on trying to give them the address so i just say surwong road and from there i give the directions

anyway as i said earlier i went to the foodland in patpong but it is very small and they dont have many things

i also went to Emporium.it is really good they have stuff that i have seen before :D:) and also in english,my next trip would be to villa

but  Emporium and villa that u guys are talking about is far from where i live

is there a good market that is close to me???? as good as Emporium

i wouldnt mind the distance though if i have to( i miss home cooked food although the only thing i know is pasta) :D:):D

but i will try new stuff (whats the emergency number in bangkok in case something happens) looooooool

why not get one of those counter top ovens? roast dinners whenever you want them :D when i visit relatives in rayong i always have to do roast chicken and all the trimmings for them! with super hot brown gravy