Sexist Remarks

Zodiac

Just watched that youtube clip......

Is that it? There's some soft <deleted> in here.

I know a few of you on this thread like the 'non-pc' jokes in bedlam. Next time I notice you there, I'll point out your hypocrisy for you. They were just having a laugh <deleted>.

Yes thats exactly it, id guess all men on here at one time or another have taken advantage of a young farmers daughter for money, then when these 2 make an off the cuff comment about women and theyre all up in arms.

I can assure you i have never stood up in front of my Pal's & said to a Farmer's Daughter what he said though, undoing my flies in the process..

That's a Bully for you that, giving it the big one in front of his Pals, W*nker..

I do remember a Pal of mine out of his Box in a Go Go once who dropped his Pants & swung his Hips at a Girl in there & i vividly remember saying " Sit down you <deleted> Mug & pull your Trousers up you fcukign Mushroom, you're acting like a <deleted>.. " or words to that effect.

He was Scottish though..

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hypocrisy is ridiculous. You've got M Singh taking the moral high ground whilst refereeing to her as a bird, how does that work?

Do you not have slang or anything like it in Swindow then ??

Is it derogatory ? No

Is it offensive ? No

'Bird' - sometimes spelt 'brid' - meant the young of our feathered friends as long ago as 800 AD in Anglo-Saxon texts, so you might find something such as 'a hen and her birds'.

It was not until the year 1300 - Chaucer was not born until 1342 - that 'burd(e)' meaning a maiden is first recorded. That was associated with 'bryd', from which we get 'bride'. So, the connection between birds and girls/women is truly ancient but the flying ones definitely appeared first.

Where's the problem ??

The difference between me & you, other than thinking it's acceptable to pretend to get my C*ck out in front of a Bird & , is that i generally DO take the moral highground, because i know what i can & can't write..;)

Edited by MSingh

Oh no you don't M Singh

You know full well that the term 'bird' could be deemed as offensive and sexist, regardless of what you might say.

If it is a matter that you feel that strongly about, you'd stop using it. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite.

Oh no you don't M Singh

You know full well that the term 'bird' could be deemed as offensive and sexist, regardless of what you might say.

If it is a matter that you feel that strongly about, you'd stop using it. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite.

Bwah, so i give you the origins of a word in the Englsh Language but just cos what it actually means doesn't to suit your argument, you won't accept it ?? :D

Bwahahaha, is T*ttingham your Premiership Team by any chance M ?? ;)

well as far as i'm aware msingh isn't paid by the monopoly broadcaster to commentate impartially on football matches. are you m?

this is one hell of a hatchet job by the way. have to just laugh at the mail sometimes: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1350591/Andy-Gray-sacking-Countless-affairs-love-children-sordid-truth-pundit.html

And wolf5370 has asked a question numerous times: Why was it not picked up upon straight away?

It's is surely because everybody in the studio at the time also thought absolutely nothing of it. Nobody thought anything of it until somebody decided to tell everybody else that they should be offended by it. This sort of thing mist happen in studios all over without the womens lib kicking up a fuss.

It;s a storm in a bloody tea cup.

i think there's more to it than that and whoever is leaking the stuff to the press has been building up a dossier on gray and keys being systematically sexist in the workplace for some time. then their remarks about the lino massey gave the perfect chance to string them up publicly.

incidentally i don't think women's lib have made a comment about it.

well as far as i'm aware msingh isn't paid by the monopoly broadcaster to commentate impartially on football matches. are you m?

Ahhh

So because he doesn't work in broadcasting, his hypocrisy is now excused?

well i'm not speaking for m, but he hasn't to my knowledge publicly humiliated a colleague and caused her to feel sexually harassed in the workplace. on camera. which gray did.

i'm taking an educated guess. besides, employment law doesn't require the actual recipient of discrimination to make a complaint as far as i know. anyone else in the vicinity could have complained about what gray was saying and doing being inappropriate for a professional workplace.

all moot anyway, the fuc_ker's been sacked and good riddance. he wasn't even good at his job, just had that passionate scots growl that got him the gig in the first place.

i'm taking an educated guess. besides, employment law doesn't require the actual recipient of discrimination to make a complaint as far as i know. anyone else in the vicinity could have complained about what gray was saying and doing being inappropriate for a professional workplace.

all moot anyway, the fuc_ker's been sacked and good riddance. he wasn't even good at his job, just had that passionate scots growl that got him the gig in the first place.

Yes he knew nowt about football did he despite playing for 18 years and commentating for 18 years, besides comrade youre in Thailand you shouldnt be watching Sky or are you admitting to breaking the law by watching him on a p2p platform.

Anyway comrade here is another one just leaked of Keys speaking badly of women ... in a private conversation i may add.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8282375/Richard-Keys-in-firing-line-after-new-sexist-Sky-Sports-footage-emerges.html

Off with his head.

The young lady in question was running the line because she was qualified. Both of the prehistoric attitudes of Keys and Gray revealed the mindsets of overgrown schoolboys. By no means an uncommon phenomonon but for high profile TV Sports people it is not an endearing or indeed common sense quality.

Hardly surprising that Andy Gray has had to walk the plank when more instances of caveman behaviour surfaced. His colleague is skating on thin ice. :huh:

The young lady in question was running the line because she was qualified. Both of the prehistoric attitudes of Keys and Gray revealed the mindsets of overgrown schoolboys. By no means an uncommon phenomonon but for high profile TV Sports people it is not an endearing or indeed common sense quality.

Hardly surprising that Andy Gray has had to walk the plank when more instances of caveman behaviour surfaced. His colleague is skating on thin ice. :huh:

If they had said what they said on live TV id agree they should get reprimanded, but it was a private conversation.

If it applies to Gray its got to apply to th rest of us, so i could get the sack at anytime if i make a comment to a colleague about a pretty young lady walking past my office whilst at work ... im sure those that agree with the sacking would never do such a thing as they see everyone as equals.

But next time you comment on womens driving youre insulting women in a similar vein.

Edited by Englander

Good God whats happened to the world - you cant even have a private conversations without it being used against you! that's what I find more disturbing (the off the air comments I mean)

This whole thread is like watching a episode of 'Little Britain' - you know its so wrong but you cant help but laugh :lol:

ok flame away!

The word bird is offensive now? <deleted> Moonrakers. In lower class Liverpool when I grew up only posh people used bird, the rest used tart. Forget what age I was when I became aware of the general understanding of the word or that at best it was ''common''.

Agreed that they are a pair of nobs, but presumably have been so for a long time and it must be more than coincidence that this only comes up when Gray sues Murdoch.

Haven't looked at any of the incidents, so can't pass an opinion but would they justify instant dismissal in a conventional workplace? Would there not normally be a few written warnings first?

The word bird is offensive now? <deleted> Moonrakers. In lower class Liverpool when I grew up only posh people used bird, the rest used tart. Forget what age I was when I became aware of the general understanding of the word or that at best it was ''common''.

I didn't say I find it offensive, because I don't.

However there are many bra burners out there who will take offence to it. Along with things like chick and babe and so on.

Personally, I think it's all nonsense. I was just pointing out that somebody claiming to take the high moral ground on sexism should not use terms that could be considered sexist. I wasn't one of the self righteous though, so I'll carry on using the term as normal with danger of being a hypocrite biggrin.gif

If they had said what they said on live TV id agree they should get reprimanded, but it was a private conversation.

If it applies to Gray its got to apply to th rest of us, so i could get the sack at anytime if i make a comment to a colleague about a pretty young lady walking past my office whilst at work ... im sure those that agree with the sacking would never do such a thing as they see everyone as equals.

But next time you comment on womens driving youre insulting women in a similar vein.

That is a simplistic argument in my opinion. We will all make comments about pretty young ladies from time to time but equally ladies will make comments about handsome men. That is just the attraction of the opposite sexes. Nearly all of us have engaged in banter at work with female colleagues but that is not demeaning to any one.

We have all made comments about women drivers from time to time but I would say its directed more at what we perceive as bad drivers men or women.

I suppose you could say they broke the 11th commandment: Do not get caught. It is not surprising that once in the public domain Sky Sports moved quickly to distance thenselves from them.

^^^^

So its ok to say it just dont get caught doing it.

Free thought and freedom has been eroded so much and so quickly in this country what i have said will only be a couple of year away.

IE Men and women will be getting sacked for making harmless jibes at others.

Irony is all the women on Skysports have got the job exclusively for being beautiful dolly birds, i never here 1 single complaint from feminists about this reversed sexism. Ugly men and fat chicks should be up in arms.

Its not about what I accept.

If the word bird can be found offensive, and many will say that it is, then you should stop using it if it is all such a big issue to you.

It isn't a big issue to me, i don't give a monkeys what people think about me, i think that's clear enough to be honest...:D

Moonrakers, i'll be truthful you know, if i were to get punished for things i've said in private, i'd be executed let alone Sacked, but in general i'm not stupid enoughh to say things whne i could possibly get caught out, like them Idiots did/do & that is the problem with this, they got caught, that's it..

It's like you said earlier, evryone syas this, says that, has a pop at him, has a pop at her, that's life, i've heard some awful things said before about Women, about Black People, about White people, about Disabled people but people ARE entitled to their opinions on things & that's cool with me as it normally says more about the Person than anythign else anyway in my opinion.

I do think that Gray thing that he done was out of order though, i would have pulled him if i was in that Company to be honest, i find it bullying & i don't do Bully's & i feel Gray was being a Bully in front of his Pal's when he done that & i can't imagine that Bird was comfortable at all with him doing it & THAT is out of order..

But THIS, THIS is unreal, truly, & they get caught AGAIN..:D

MORE MORE, WE WANT MORE, ENCORE !!! :lol:

However there are many bra burners out there who will take offence to it. Along with things like chick and babe and so on.

Personally, I think it's all nonsense. I was just pointing out that somebody claiming to take the high moral ground on sexism should not use terms that could be considered sexist. I wasn't one of the self righteous though, so I'll carry on using the term as normal with danger of being a hypocrite biggrin.gif

No one will call you a Hypocrite don't worry, because there's nothing to be Hypocritical about is there ?? ;)

We've worked out in today's History Lesson that the word " Bird " came from Thirteenth Century England & came from the word " Bride " & has been used as a Term to refer to Female's in England, ever fcukign since..:)

You need a night with me Moonraker wathcing us at Brum tonight, the vocabulary of a lone Man will make those little Wiltshire Ears of yours wish they'd never understoood the English Language in the first place..:D

You need a night with me Moonraker wathcing us at Brum tonight, the vocabulary of a lone Man will make those little Wiltshire Ears of yours wish they'd never understoood the English Language in the first place..:D

I had a Glaswegian grandfather, a navy man to boot. I learned from the best wink.gif

^^^^

Free thought and freedom has been eroded so much and so quickly in this country what i have said will only be a couple of year away.

Irony is all the women on Skysports have got the job exclusively for being beautiful dolly birds, i never here 1 single complaint from feminists about this reversed sexism. Ugly men and fat chicks should be up in arms.

No it is not okay to say it. It is true to say that if it did not appear in the public domain we would not have been any the wiser.

There is a world of difference between harmless jibes and the mean spirited remarks that were made.

Certainly good looks have done ladies no harm in getting jobs at Sky Sports or in endorsing various products. Exclusively no. As an ugly man I do not have a persecution complex about it.

^^^^

No it is not okay to say it. It is true to say that if it did not appear in the public domain we would not have been any the wiser.

I cant help but continue this as i hate the freedoms of thought and speech and most of all PRIVACY being eroded in the UK.

So as you think its not ok to say it in any situation and it should be banned .... you must also agree that this kind of thought should be totally stamped out?

Also if i were to make a comment about a beautiful lady in the office who models for lads mags, and the person who i said it to happened to record it on their phone youd agree that i should be sacked for this, thus meaning id lose any house i was paying a mortgage on and my child will have to be brought up on the benefits system. This is the kind of society youre advocating.

Sorry about that Moonrakers, completely misread your post. And apparently you're from Wiltshire, well I just can't think of any smartarsed comment about that at all. Stumped.

I don't think you're gonna get our Cruella onside that easy Mr Keys..:D

Richard Keys has issued a grovelling apology for sexist remarks made about referee's assistant Sian Massey and West Ham vice chairman Karren Brady.

Keys - who remains employed by Sky Sports despite his partner in crime, Andy Gray, getting the boot yesterday - was on Talksport earlier this afternoon to defend his position in the wake of a torrent of criticism for his comments.

The former GMTV presenter, who apologised repeatedly for his part in the furore during the interview also revealed how he had telephoned Brady on Sunday to apologise for his outburst - but failed to get through.

"I rang Karren to say sorry - but Karren didn't want to take my call," he said. "There is no answerphone on Karen's phone so I text her in case she saw a number she was unfamiliar with and didn't want to answer.

"I said 'Karren, it's Richard Keys - I very much need to talk to you, could you please take my call or ring me back'. She chose not to - I don't know why.

"A byproduct of all this of course is that it took her and West Ham out of the press. She knows - and so does everybody else - what a mess they made of trying to appoint Martin O'Neill, and she was getting it in the neck.

"Now she claimed this was because she's a woman. That is her view, it's not necessarily mine and it might be that others don't share that either. But she played that card, rightly or wrongly."

When challenged as to whether he therefore stood by his initial comments, Keys replied: "My view was 'oh come on, do me a favour' - it was a view that I held that didn't come out, when you listen to the tape, in a manner that was acceptable. It was wrong.

"I think it is for others to comment, it is for others to judge that. I tried to ring her to say 'sorry' and she didn't take my call. Now I don't know why, maybe at some point she will tell us."

Richard Keys resigns from Sky after sexist remarks

Richard Keys has resigned as a Sky presenter following his sexist comments about female referee Sian Massey.

Apologising for his remarks, 53-year-old Keys accepted they had been "unacceptable", adding: "I've reached the decision it's time to move on."

Story from BBC