Singer Christina Aquilera to perform Super Bowl National Anthem

News_Editor

Singer Christina Aquilera to perform Super Bowl National Anthem

2011-01-25 07:18:35 GMT+7 (ICT)

NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) -- Five-time Grammy award winning singer-songwriter Christina Aguilera will sing the National Anthem as part of Super Bowl XLV pregame festivities at Cowboys Stadium in North Texas on Sunday, February 6, the NFL announced on Monday.

The performance, the pregame show and Super Bowl XLV will be televised live and broadcasted worldwide. Last year, more than 153 million viewers in the U.S. watched the Super Bowl, the most-watched television program in history.

"I have been performing the Anthem since I was seven years old and I must say the Super Bowl is a dream come true," Aguilera said. "I am really excited to be part of such an iconic event."

Aguilera returns to the Super Bowl having performed during halftime of Super Bowl XXXIV in Atlanta.  

Now, Aguilera will be joining the many great performers who have been honored with singing the Super Bowl National Anthem, such as Billy Joel, Diana Ross, Neil Diamond, Whitney Houston, Harry Connick, Jr., Garth Brooks, Natalie Cole, Vanessa Williams, Luther Vandross, Jewel, Cher, Faith Hill, the Backstreet Boys, Mariah Carey, Dixie Chicks, Beyonce Knowles, among others.

In addition, the NFL had previously announced that The Black Eyed Peas would perform in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-01-25