2 Year Waiver(No Degree In Ed)

mrmazinkle

Hi I currently teach in a school in Eesarn and have a first 2 year waiver because no degree or BA ed as rqrd for teachers license.This finishes April.I already know that they are renewing the 2 year waivers..My question is will they renew WITHOUT me doing the Thai Culture Course.I will finish in another 2 yrs and would like to get away without having to pay 4000 baht +travel...As a supplement..Has ANYONE done it and found it worthwhile?or maybe you can post your thoughts..Thank you in advance..Thomas

:rolleyes: Are you another Farang taking advantage of the Thai good grace....?

You are a good English teacher setting a good life example for the pitiful Thai students.... right?

You are surely not taking any undue advantages now, are you, teacher.... ? :ermm:

My respect to all the good Farang teachers trying to make a difference.... in Thailand.... :jap: :jap: :jap:

Edited by mkawish

In the pinned topics there are a number of threads about the Thai Cultural Training. It might be worth taking a look:

The information that I have gleaned from the reports here is contradictory. It does appear that the Cultural training course is required and most teachers have taken it. It's a pretty easy gig and attendance is the determining factor on getting the certificate. I would suggest that you take it.

Perhaps other posters have information that might be helpful.

:rolleyes: Are you another Farang taking advantage of the Thai good grace....?

You are a good English teacher setting a good life example for the pitiful Thai students.... right?

You are surely not taking any undue advantages now, are you, teacher.... ? :ermm:

My respect to all the good Farang teachers trying to make a difference.... in Thailand.... :jap: :jap: :jap:

You think Thai students are pitiful.(no question)..I posted here as I retire in 2 years and don't think that I or the students would benefit from me doing a Thai culture course(MY opinion)Thanks for your incisive questions but they weren't asked for in my original post.I'm sure all the good Farang are thankful for your respect.

Edited by mrmazinkle

Let's not feed the trolls. If we ignore them, they usually go away and if they don't, they can be given a holiday from posting.

Most posters don't have too many glowing comments about the cultural course, but it is probably quite good for people that are new to Thailand.

My school had the course given on campus (of course the teachers had to pay). I was surprised that there weren't more complaints from the old timers, some of whom tend to be fairly negative. Most of them said it wasn't particularly useful, but they did have an enjoyable time and they got to help in passing on some valuable information to newer teachers.

Most western countries require continuing education and training for teachers and other professionals.

Let's not feed the trolls. If we ignore them, they usually go away and if they don't, they can be given a holiday from posting.

Most posters don't have too many glowing comments about the cultural course, but it is probably quite good for people that are new to Thailand.

My school had the course given on campus (of course the teachers had to pay). I was surprised that there weren't more complaints from the old timers, some of whom tend to be fairly negative. Most of them said it wasn't particularly useful, but they did have an enjoyable time and they got to help in passing on some valuable information to newer teachers.

Most western countries require continuing education and training for teachers and other professionals.

Thank you for your reply.I am not new to Thailand and as I retire next year I didn't really want to spend the 4000baht or whatever +travelling and hotels.Today my boss has forwarded a letter from the School Director which she seems to think will do the trick.I will let the forum know..Thanks again.Thomas

Edited by mrmazinkle