Isaan Roads Suffer

Jai Dee

THE OPPOSITION HAVE CALLED FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO RE-EVALUATE THE ROAD PROJECT

The opposition believes that the budget being used to develop rural infrastructure is still clustered, and that the government should re-evaluate its work and distribute the budget evenly to all regions.

From a meeting of the House of Representatives, in order to evaluate the Royal Budget Decree for the 2006 fiscal year, Mr. Withoon Nambut (นายวิฑูรย์ นามบุตร), the senator for Ubon Ratchathani, and a member of the Democrat Party, stated that the budget being used by the Ministry of Transportation and Communication to develop infrastructure road networks in rural areas was a sham to members of the house of representatives, due to a lack of details on the process, and to the uneven distribution of budget to each region.

Likewise, Mrs. ThasNeeya RattanSete (ทัศนียา รัตนเศรษฐ), Maha Chon senator for Nakhon Ratchasima, stated that more than half of the budget of the Department of Rural Roads was set aside for the Bangkok Metropolitan area and surrounding districts, resulting in only a small portion of the total budget being distributed to the remaining sixty-eight provinces.

Source: thaisnews.com ประจำวันศุกร์ที่ 2 กันยายน 2548

more than half of the budget of the Department of Rural Roads was set aside for the Bangkok Metropolitan area and surrounding districts.

How does Bangkok even get considered for the budget of the Department of Rural Roads- not very rural?

Of course the statement does include "and surrounding districts"

They just built a sealed road into the village where I live which is great can keep the bike and truck a bit cleaner.

The bad side is that it was buit as cheap as possible within two months it had started to subside with a bit of light rain. I would be very suprised if the road has survived the last lot of heavy rain.

All it would having taken a few month ago would have been a bit of concret to save the road. Now I think it would be a major job

The road that goes by my farm was built poorly like the one in your village. They built it couple years back and it's still look brand new but full of pot holes some are foot deep. It is very scary driving at night on a road like this.

Edited by Anek18

The opposition believes that the budget being used to develop rural infrastructure is still clustered, and that the government should re-evaluate its work and distribute the budget evenly to all regions.

From a meeting of the House of Representatives, in order to evaluate the Royal Budget Decree for the 2006 fiscal year, Mr. Withoon Nambut (นายวิฑูรย์ นามบุตร), the senator for Ubon Ratchathani, and a member of the Democrat Party, stated that the budget being used by the Ministry of Transportation and Communication to develop infrastructure road networks in rural areas was a sham to members of the house of representatives, due to a lack of details on the process, and to the uneven distribution of budget to each region.

Likewise, Mrs. ThasNeeya RattanSete (ทัศนียา รัตนเศรษฐ), Maha Chon senator for Nakhon Ratchasima, stated that more than half of the budget of the Department of Rural Roads was set aside for the Bangkok Metropolitan area and surrounding districts, resulting in only a small portion of the total budget being distributed to the remaining sixty-eight provinces.

Source: thaisnews.com ประจำวันศุกร์ที่ 2 กันยายน 2548

that's not too amusing, and I'm sure all the comments made to this post are correct and justified.

on the other hand, one has to be fair too:

about seven years ago, there where no black - not to talk about cemented -roads in most of Isaan villages, they where all dust roads!

and the funny part now, at least around where we live, is, that the "main roads" through the villages are now asphalt roads, whereas the smaller side roads are cemented!

guess what? - yes, the side roads are doing fine, the main roads look like part of the moon! :o

but 331 : Tart - Kabinburi is ok, almost like a highway, and recently they started building an extension to 24 between Prasat and Surin - guess, Martin will not be too sorry about that?!

I live in Loei province and I would be VERY happy to see some patches. We have pot holes big enough to swallow a whole wheel and probably cause some major damage to a vehicle. What would be wrong with patching some of these holes even if only with stone? DISGUSTING!!!