U.S. demands release of American diplomat in Pakistan, says he has immunity

News_Editor

Pakistan has been miliking the Taliban problem for billions of USD. The Pakistanis that are soiling their pants over this event hated the west long before this event. Those Pakistanis that have to live in the crime zone that Lahore is, will sympathize with the Americans. The men that died had criminal records according to the Pakistani press. I don't think they were hailing the American to give him a hug.

I don't think that there are many Pakistanis who do anyhow sympathize with the Americans.

And i read in the Pakistani press that these young men didn't had any criminal records but were describes as innocent victims and even called 'gentlemen'.

read here what happened, according to the Pakistani press:

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Politics/28-Jan-2011/American-Rambo-goes-berserk-in-City

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pakistan has been miliking the Taliban problem for billions of USD. The Pakistanis that are soiling their pants over this event hated the west long before this event. Those Pakistanis that have to live in the crime zone that Lahore is, will sympathize with the Americans. The men that died had criminal records according to the Pakistani press. I don't think they were hailing the American to give him a hug.

I don't think that there are many Pakistanis who do anyhow sympathize with the Americans.

And i read in the Pakistani press that these young men didn't had any criminal records but were describes as innocent victims and even called 'gentlemen'.

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Politics/28-Jan-2011/American-Rambo-goes-berserk-in-City

There are about 3/4 of a million Pakistanis who live in the US. They might not agree with you. The American Pakistani influence on Pakistan may be greater than you imagine.

There are about 3/4 of a million Pakistanis who live in the US. They might not agree with you. The American Pakistani influence on Pakistan may be greater than you imagine.

They may have a happy life in the USA and like it there, but if they sympathize with that certain USAmerican 'diplomat' who killed two people with a gun or the other one who killed a third Pakistani in a hit an run accident is another question.

I can see the correlation in laws between Pakistan and the UK, wasn't Pakistan one of you subjugated, controlled, and raped countries of past (British East India company ring a bell)? And, I think it was the US that principally forced the UK to abandoned such repressive colonialism after WWII. So I consider opinions about the ills of America to be as hypocritical as possible coming from someone in the UK considering there wouldn't even be a UK if the US didn't keep bailing your a$ out, even today, your banks and economy have all but collapsed and would certainly have if the US's friendship to your stink-water island didn't produce massive amounts of commerce keeping you alive.

What a testament to the US education system you are. General Zia-ul-Haq, introduced Sharia law to Pakistan in 1979 which owes absolutely nothing to UK law. I concede that it must be difficult acquiring knowledge and mental capacity when you have armed guards patrolling school premises and leaves you wondering if any of your equally dim classmates are going to make hay with an automatic weapon if somebody revs them up. I suppose having to live your life knowing that you are foreign goes hand in hand with your jealousy and feelings of inadequacy. Who brought the world's banking system down? Do you know anything about that?

As for colonialism the US has always harboured expansionist policies. Care to give the world your views on the genocide of the native American Indians? How about the Louisiana Purchase for which, according to the French, you didn't come up with the readies? What are you doing in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Didn't the US once control, if not own, Liberia, the Philippines and Cuba? As for human exploitation do you know when the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution was enacted?

It seems that you belong to that thankfully minority body of myopic Americans that believes in the US right or wrong. Perhaps you would let the world know how the US has bailed the UK out. Was it selling us P51A Mustangs, totally useless over 12,000 feet, so that we could fit them with RR Merlin engines and thus convert them to P51B's, now a very different creature? That enhancement saved not a few American aircrew lives. Although hard pressed who lent you an aircraft carrier when all yours had been damaged or sunk in the Pacific war? Who provided carriers with armoured decks to counteract kamikazes at Okinawa? Are you aware that the brains behind atomic weapons was imported from Europe? How many wounded US servicemen would have died from infected wounds if the UK had not given, repeat given, the knowhow to manufacture penicillin?

I suggest that you use a different news feed other than Fox and look for alternative sources of information since the diet of BS that you seem to absorb makes you look stupid when you spout your vitriolic poison.

I suggest that you use a different news feed other than Fox and look for alternative sources of information since the diet of BS that you seem to absorb makes you look stupid when you spout your vitriolic poison.

Thanks for sharing the yobbo version of history. :lol:

Though the American is obviously crazy for shooting the Pakis, he has to be freed since he is a diplomat who enjoys immunity under the Vienna convention. It really doesn;t matter what he did, he could have killed all Pakistan, still he has an immunity. This privilege applies anywhere in the world. He could have been a Paki diplomat in the US and had killed Americans.

I can see the correlation in laws between Pakistan and the UK, wasn't Pakistan one of you subjugated, controlled, and raped countries of past (British East India company ring a bell)? And, I think it was the US that principally forced the UK to abandoned such repressive colonialism after WWII. So I consider opinions about the ills of America to be as hypocritical as possible coming from someone in the UK considering there wouldn't even be a UK if the US didn't keep bailing your a$ out, even today, your banks and economy have all but collapsed and would certainly have if the US's friendship to your stink-water island didn't produce massive amounts of commerce keeping you alive.

What a testament to the US education system you are. General Zia-ul-Haq, introduced Sharia law to Pakistan in 1979 which owes absolutely nothing to UK law. I concede that it must be difficult acquiring knowledge and mental capacity when you have armed guards patrolling school premises and leaves you wondering if any of your equally dim classmates are going to make hay with an automatic weapon if somebody revs them up. I suppose having to live your life knowing that you are foreign goes hand in hand with your jealousy and feelings of inadequacy. Who brought the world's banking system down? Do you know anything about that?

As for colonialism the US has always harboured expansionist policies. Care to give the world your views on the genocide of the native American Indians? How about the Louisiana Purchase for which, according to the French, you didn't come up with the readies? What are you doing in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Didn't the US once control, if not own, Liberia, the Philippines and Cuba? As for human exploitation do you know when the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution was enacted?

It seems that you belong to that thankfully minority body of myopic Americans that believes in the US right or wrong. Perhaps you would let the world know how the US has bailed the UK out. Was it selling us P51A Mustangs, totally useless over 12,000 feet, so that we could fit them with RR Merlin engines and thus convert them to P51B's, now a very different creature? That enhancement saved not a few American aircrew lives. Although hard pressed who lent you an aircraft carrier when all yours had been damaged or sunk in the Pacific war? Who provided carriers with armoured decks to counteract kamikazes at Okinawa? Are you aware that the brains behind atomic weapons was imported from Europe? How many wounded US servicemen would have died from infected wounds if the UK had not given, repeat given, the knowhow to manufacture penicillin?

What school of history did you go to?

The majority of your post is in error but I'll just take a bit of it to start.

The high altitude engine you are talking about is the Packard V-1650-7 Merlin. Packard, that's right an American car company. Packard produced it in America under licenses from Rolls.

Why was it a high altitude aircraft engine?

Ahh that is the question.

The first Packard-built engine, designated V-1650-1, ran in August 1941.

This engine used a single stage, two speed supercharger. As the Merlin 28, it was used for the Avro Lancaster bomber. The USAAF V-1650-1 version of this engine was used in the P-40Fs. The initial Packard modifications were done on this engine by changing the main bearings from a copper lead alloy to a silver lead combination and featured indium plating. This had been developed by General Motors' Pontiac Division to prevent corrosion which was possible with lubricating oils that were used at that time. The bearing coating also improved break-in and load-carrying ability of the surface. British engineering staff assigned to Packard were astonished at the suggestion but after tear-down inspections on rigidly tested engines were convinced the new design offered a decided improvement.

The real improvement Packard incorporated into the Merlin was adopting the Wright supercharger drive quill. This modification was designated the V-1650-3 and became known as the "high altitude" Merlin destined for the P-51.

The ability of the supercharger to maintain a sea level atmosphere in the induction system to the cylinders allows the Packard Merlin to develop more than 1,270 horsepower (950 kW) at altitudes beyond 30,000 feet (9,100 m).

The Detroit automotive library has complete documentation on the engine. They were also used after the war in unlimited hydroplane racing on the Detroit river.

Lecture #2. England was not able to manufacture penicillin in quantity because of its involvement in the war. Florey traveled to the United States and convinced the government to sponsor research on the mass production of penicillin. An efficient method of mass-producing penicillin was developed using fermentation and a cornstarch medium. This basic technique is still used to produce many antibiotics.

Lecture #3. 125,000 people were involved in the production of the Atomic bomb. What % do you think were Americans?

post-26885-0-22321500-1297317034_thumb.j

Edited by mark45y

Though the American is obviously crazy for shooting the Pakis, he has to be freed since he is a diplomat who enjoys immunity under the Vienna convention. It really doesn;t matter what he did, he could have killed all Pakistan, still he has an immunity. This privilege applies anywhere in the world. He could have been a Paki diplomat in the US and had killed Americans.

Some what true if he was a diplomat but it has not been shown that he is in fact a diplomat holding a diplomatic passport.

Davis' cover is bit weak for one of the big players suggesting lower level contract work such as Ex. The Florida security firm on his business card is an empty storefront. Not registered with the state. They did have a web-site but no content on the site and the primary number was not connected.

Both victims were allegedly shot through his windshield 4 times each, 2 in the front and two in the back.

He has in the car a camera with some sensitive photos of areas of strategic interest, a telescope and a loaded glock with extra magazines.

Mabe...but...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/08/us-pakistan-usa-idUSTRE7170SV20110208

One of the comments;

“On Feb, 2, 2011, about a week after the shooting, an article appeared in the Denver Post saying that Raymond Davis lives in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, and had previously lived in Las Vegas, Lexington, Kentucky, Vail, Arizona, and Fort Bragg, North Carolina. There is no Raymond A. Davis matching any of these places in the intelius.com database, which has contained every American who I have tried to look up in it. I suspect this means that his real name is not Raymond Davis, which would mean his diplomatic passport is a forgery and cannot be a basis for immunity. This has now been claimed to the Punjabi courts in a legal brief.”

If true puts a whole new spin on this story!

Tiger

Some what true if he was a diplomat but it has not been shown that he is in fact a diplomat holding a diplomatic passport.

The US embassy claims he is. I don't think they will dare lying.

Davis' cover is bit weak for one of the big players suggesting lower level contract work such as Ex. The Florida security firm on his business card is an empty storefront. Not registered with the state. They did have a web-site but no content on the site and the primary number was not connected.

Both victims were allegedly shot through his windshield 4 times each, 2 in the front and two in the back.

He has in the car a camera with some sensitive photos of areas of strategic interest, a telescope and a loaded glock with extra magazines.

Please provide your source for this information.

Thank you.

Mabe...but...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/08/us-pakistan-usa-idUSTRE7170SV20110208

One of the comments;

“On Feb, 2, 2011, about a week after the shooting, an article appeared in the Denver Post saying that Raymond Davis lives in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, and had previously lived in Las Vegas, Lexington, Kentucky, Vail, Arizona, and Fort Bragg, North Carolina. There is no Raymond A. Davis matching any of these places in the intelius.com database, which has contained every American who I have tried to look up in it. I suspect this means that his real name is not Raymond Davis, which would mean his diplomatic passport is a forgery and cannot be a basis for immunity. This has now been claimed to the Punjabi courts in a legal brief.”

If true puts a whole new spin on this story!

Tiger

I am unable to find the quoted paragraph below in the link you provided.

Do you have a link that this quote came from?

Thank you.

Here are some more 'facts' from the Letters Section. I selected Sinbad1 since he seems to be in on the real 'facts'.

I now know 'The Twilight Zone' was based on real people.

EDITION:

U.S.

ARTICLECOMMENTS (8)

U.S official's fate may threaten U.S., Pakistan ties: diplomat

Comments (8)

Feb 08, 2011 4:49am EST -- Report as abuse

Sinbad1 wrote:

I have read he works for Xe/Blackwater but he might be CIA neither get diplomatic immunity

Feb 08, 2011 8:54pm EST -- Report as abuse

Sinbad1 wrote:

Robert76

In the US a drunken Georgian diplomat was involved in a hit and run which killed a young girl back in 1997. The US tried and jailed the diplomat.

In order for Diplomatic Immunity to work for all countries….all countries need to abide by it.

Does that include the US or is the US special and if so why.

The man purportedly to be Raymond Davis entered Pakistan on a business visa, and he had an illegal firearm. He is a spook he knows the deal he should have killed himself.

Feb 08, 2011 10:31pm EST -- Report as abuse

Sinbad1 wrote:

Other things about Mr Davis he fired 9 rounds 8 shots were into the backs of the victims.

One guy was still alive and Davis took pictures of the dying man but offered no aid.

He radioed for backup and the backup team driving down the wrong side of the road ran over and killed a motorcyclist, they did not stop.

The driver of the rescue vehicle also committed manslaughter but was smuggled out of Pakistan by the US so as to avoid justice.

Feb 08, 2011 11:17pm EST -- Report as abuse

Here is a link that is, perhaps, a little more solid than the Dear Abbey letters quoted above. I have taken the liberty of posting more than three sentences/paragraphs since they all seem to pertain to questions raised in this thread.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan_detained_american

It states in part....

Exactly what sort of work Davis does for the U.S. is a major issue because it could affect Pakistani determinations about his diplomatic immunity.

U.S. officials in Islamabad will say only that he was an American Embassy employee who was considered part of the "administrative and technical staff." That designation gives him blanket immunity, the U.S. says.

There has also been controversy in Pakistan over the fact that Davis was armed. A senior U.S. official has told The Associated Press that Davis was authorized by the United States to carry a weapon, but that it was a "gray area" whether Pakistani law permitted him to do so.

Long before Davis emerged on the public consciousness, conspiracy theories about armed American mercenaries roaming the country were common among the population and sections of the media here.

According to records from the Pentagon, Davis is a former Special Forces soldier who left the army in August 2003 after 10 years of service. A Virginia native, he served with infantry divisions prior to joining the 3rd Special Forces Group in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

In 1994, he was part of the U.N. peacekeeping force in Macedonia. His record includes several awards and medals, including for good conduct.

Public records also show Davis runs a company with his wife registered in Las Vegas called Hyperion Protective Services, though it was not immediately clear whether the company has had many contracts with the U.S. government.

The U.S. Embassy says he has a diplomatic passport and a visa valid through June 2012. It also said in a recent statement that the U.S. had notified the Pakistani government of Davis' assignment more than a year ago.

After the shootings in Lahore on Jan. 27, Davis called for backup. The American car rushing to the scene hit a third Pakistani, a bystander, who later died. The U.S. has said nothing about the Americans involved in that third death, though Pakistani police have said they want to question them as well.

A recent update to the story:

Pakistan Softens on Issue of American's Immunity

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

By Zarar Khan, Associated Press

Islamabad (AP) - Pakistan will tell a court that most of its legal experts believe a detained American has diplomatic immunity, but will leave it to a judge to rule on his status, an official said Tuesday -- a sign that Islamabad is trying to give the U.S. an opening to free the man while avoiding domestic backlash.

Article continues here: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pakistan-softens-issue-americans-immunit

The diplomatic spat between Pakistan and the US over the arrest of an American citizen is escalating and threatens to derail relations between the two countries.

Story continues here

It look like Mr Davis could still be in trouble whether he has immunity or not.

If by "derailiing relations" they mean stopping the flow of billions of US taxpayer money to leaders of a country who line their pockets ala Mubarak then maybe it's about time. The Arab/Muslim world has been changing in recent weeks and these corrupt leaders are getting driven out. Maybe it is time to let the whole region get shaken up, see where the pieces fall, ally ourselves with the ones who want to get along with us and take a different approach with those who don't.