Classifieds?

seeker108

I have seen a few posts recently where I wanted to refer them to sources of free classified ads (online or print) for the Chiang Mai area. I had a list of these about 2 years ago, but not sure where they are now and probably not up to date anyway. Maybe some of you folks currently there could list the ones you are aware of and how good you think they are.

And maybe if the moderators think it appropriate we could eventually pin a list of all such classified sources.

I was also thinking it might be nice to have a pinned list of other useful sources of info as well (links to other local web sites and publications, consulates, good maps of the area, just to mention a few possibilities). I am sure some of you currently in CNX can think of many other useful links that could be posted that would be of great general use. I remember that the Raintree Resource Centre near Nawarat bridge had a welcome booklet with lots of useful info in it and maybe some of that could be in this pinned topic also. It could be called something like "Chiang Mai Resources"?

Ok, here is one to start us off: http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds/ . It seems limited and I know there used to be better ones than this.

Ok, let's see where this goes. :o

Seeker

I have seen a few posts recently where I wanted to refer them to sources of free classified ads (online or print) for the Chiang Mai area.

One of the best free classified, written in Thai, is:

"Sue Klang" a free classified newspaper in Chiang Mai.

SueKlang Newspaper Co., Ltd.

420/5 Chiangmai Land

T. Changklan

Muang Chiang Mai

Telephone: (053) 283634-5

I have seen a few posts recently where I wanted to refer them to sources of free classified ads (online or print) for the Chiang Mai area.

420/5 Chiangmai Land

T. Changklan

Muang Chiang Mai

Thanks Mr. Farang

Any chance that they have a web site or at least an email address that you know of?

Cheers CV, hanging around just now as a matter of fact;

I'd also like to give a nod to CM CityLife's website- good local Chiang mai resource (ok and I like K Pim too, nice gal)  :D

baht&sold - Nice layout on your site. Easy to search by region and category. City life is also good. I am really surprised at how little classifieds still seem to be used in CM. Or am I mistaken? :o

• 3 months later...

420/5 Chiangmai Land

T. Changklan

Muang Chiang Mai

By Free, I now see that you must mean it is free distribution as they charge 300 baht for a small classified.

Does anyone know of any Thai language, on-line or print media where one could place a free announcement or classified?

I have seen a few posts recently where I wanted to refer them to sources of free classified ads (online or print) for the Chiang Mai area.  ........................Ok, here is one to start us off:  http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds/ .  It seems limited and I know there used to be better ones than this.

Ok, let's see where this goes.    :o

Seeker

Hi there Seeker

This is a new site (I think about 5 months old) and seems to be growing very quickly. As far as I can see, its the only genuine Thai language and English language free classified site of any kind in Thailand.

So long as you put your city when you register an ad, people can search by City for results. I have advertised a few times and it does work - slowly but with increasing use should find results quicker I guess....nice site anyway. I like the latest ads banner at the top. Very effective and very clever.

Great for Thai and Farang..oh and before I forget, the site also has a very interesting ALERT system...book an alert and wait for a reply from the site when a relevent advert gets posted.

Go to: http://www.classifiedthailand.com

Hope this helps

Roo

(yes I'm an Aussie)

Edited by roo