Question About Double Entry Non B Visa

Till the 15th. The validity of the visa is relevant only for entering the country, not for staying. You can stay until the last day of your entry permit. In addition, if you have a work permit, you will notice that the validity of it is set by the validity of the entry permit, not the visa's.

I have double entry non B visa, that expired on 9 of Sep, however the entry permit is till 15 of Sep.

Have you already used the second entry of your double-entry visa? If not, you need to make a visa run (i.e. a border crossing) on or before the 9th to obtain a new ninety-day entry stamp. If you have already used both entries from this visa, you may simply stay until the 15th at which point you need to leave Thailand, either to obtain a new visa or to get a thirty-day stamp at the border.

Hmm, you see guys that is the confusion, 2 answers that completely opposite. So to make visa run before 9 or before 15???? Right now I'm using the first entry, and need to get the second when reenter the contry after the visa run.

Edited by Doi Thong

Right now I'm using the first entry, and need to get the second when reenter the contry after the visa run.

The reason for the confusion and conflicting responses is that you did not explain in your initial post that there was still a valid second entry on your current visa. You need to leave and re-enter Thailand on or before the 9th if you wish to use the second entry on that double-entry visa. If you wait until the 10th, your visa's validity will have expired and immigrations will only grant you a thiry-day entry stamp (assuming that you do not obtain a new visa while out of the country).

I got it, thank you very much for explanation, just small additional question: You say I must leave before 9(understood),the question is, should I reenter before 9 as well, or i can reenter Thailand after that date?

Edited by Doi Thong

I got it, thank you very much for explanation, just small additional question: You say I must leave before 9(understood),the question is,  should I reenter before 9 as well, or i can reenter Thailand after that date?

The date you leave is irrelevant in this instance as your current entry stamp would allow you to stay until the 15th if you elected to do so. The last day that you can enter Thailand and use your current non-immigrant visa is the 9th. If you wait until after the 9th to re-enter Thailand, you cannot make use of the second entry on your original visa. The opportunity to use that visa expires on the 9th.

What were you planning to do: take an actual trip to a neighboring country, or a simple cross-the-border and then an immediate return to Thailand?

Thanks again Ovenman, I will do the usual thing: drive to Poi Pet and reenter there. Normally taking me only 7 hours and I'm back to BKK. Actually I wanted to go Spore for the weekend, but the dead line to reenter before 9 of the month killed this option..:-(

Sorry, Doi thong, for the confusion, didn't realize you still have an unused entry.

The way to understand it is really easy - just think of a Visa as a KEY, and of an entry stamp as a license to stay.

The visa only says in which period you can enter, and how many times you can enter during this period (in your case, two times). It doesn't say anything about staying.

Then each entry stamp only says how long you can stay once entered.

Therefore if you want to use the second entry, you have to enter during the validity of the visa. The validity of your already used entry stamp is irrelevant to the next entry.

omigod!.... I'm sorry ovenman.... Please forgive me....

I just realized that I called you chownah... please accept my heartfelt apologies for such a grevious error...

:o

and no... you Northerners ALL don't look alike... 

:D

But perhaps we Northerners all post alike? :D

All is forgiven, I'll leave it up to somebody else to report you to the Ministry of Misquoted Posts. :D

omigod!.... I'm sorry ovenman.... Please forgive me....

I just realized that I called you chownah... please accept my heartfelt apologies for such a grevious error...

:o

and no... you Northerners ALL don't look alike... 

:D

But perhaps we Northerners all post alike? :D

All is forgiven, I'll leave it up to somebody else to report you to the Ministry of Misquoted Posts. :D

Well.... "somebody" did just that and interestingly the Ministry contacted me... and offerered me a job at the Thai News Agency with full benefits. I was all excited about the possibilities, however, I failed to meet one of their criteria. I mistakenly told them I have a conscience and that disqualified me... dang.... oh well.

*edit*... oh, just one other thing.... for chownah's benefit. The thing all you Northerners DO have in common is how nice and friendly you all are. The North is full of good, helpful people. People should go there to see for themselves. Definitely. If everyone went to the North, that would be good. Definitely...

Edited by sriracha john

*edit*... oh, just one other thing.... for chownah's benefit. The thing all you Northerners DO have in common is how nice and friendly you all are. The North is full of good, helpful people. People should go there to see for themselves. Definitely. If everyone went to the North, that would be good. Definitely...

I don't know where you have been hearing such stuff but these are lies. No friendly or nice people in the North. Best just to stay away from the region altogether. Definitely better to go south. South is the place to be, definitely south... :o

I don't know where you have been hearing such stuff but these are lies. No friendly or nice people in the North. Best just to stay away from the region altogether. Definitely better to go south. South is the place to be, definitely south... :o

Especially the Deep South... quite friendly there....definitely. :D

The visa run went smooth yesterday, only took a bit more time to come back, cause it was strong rain. Be careful not to pay the 100 baht to the group of the guys sitting inside the Cambodian Immigration and filling up the arrival/departure cards for you. The officer will ask you for another 100....The good thing on Thai side, that foreigners dont need to wait together with Thais anymore, it is a separate que for us..:-) Next time I would like to get my car inside Cambodia, even checked with some immigration official, anyone have first hand experience on that one?