Take Care With Your Email

SiamOne

:D

Since I put my email address in my profile data on this TV site, my spam has increased three-fold.

obviously they are managing to access the database to obtain "live" email addresses

So take care, use another email address that can fill with spam and not bother you :D

I hate them!!! :o:D

Since I put my email address in my profile data on this TV site, my spam has increased three-fold.

obviously they are managing to access the database to obtain "live" email addresses

So take care, use another email address that can fill with spam and not bother you :D

I hate them!!! :o  :D

That's odd. I kept an eye out for an increase in spam after I signed up here, and didn't notice any increase.

How ever, a different address that was on my webpage (which hasn't even been up and running for over 2 years) gets a bucket load of spam everyday. Even that address wasn't visible (you had to click a link to see it), but somehow it got on to the spammers list. Very annoying.

False. We have a strict privacy policy, and are *not* sharing or giving away email addresses. Never!

Thaivisa.com Privacy policy:

http://www.thaivisa.com/374.0.html

We are proud of that policy FYI!

No, I was not suggesting that. They obtain email address lists by entering websites illegally, hacking, and even good firewalls cannot stop them. there is always a backdoor way in.

As I said, it is only since registering here that I have experienced such an increase. There is no insult intended.

I hate them!!! :o  :D

I run seven websites and in the not-so-distant past I was getting anywhere between ten to fifteen THOUSAND spam emails per day! No bull...

I had to use a java script to hide my email address on my sites. Some spam still gets through, but that's going to happen anyway.

If someone has your email address saved on their computer and they get hacked, your email will be found.

You know, this is truly bothersome on many levels. Think about how effective computer-stopping bugs would be for terrorists if they wanted to screw up the global financial institutions.

Viruses, trojans, etc. have played havoc with big business in the past. It seems that (if my memory serves me correctly) many of these viruses, trojans, worms, etc were written by young folks (the Love Virus by a couple of young Filpinos)

Just imagine what would happen if a bunch of really sharp computer hackers/virus writers put their minds together and came up with a really nasty bug. I'm not sure if this appeals to terrorists as it's not bloody...

:o

Maybe it is your email provider that is sharing your address? Email boxes are nothing more than garbage buckets for spam. You don't really own your email box or have any control unless you are fortunate enough to find white listing applicable. I'm ready for the next thing. Heard the younger generation is punting on email and just doing chat.