Marine Fish Supplies

leisurely

Could anyone advise me of a reputable aquariam shop. I am wanting to start keeping marine fish. I am aware of the pitfalls -Ph, salinity etc so would need advice too. I know of one behind Carrefor in Bangna, unfortunately he does not speak english and my thai is woeful. So, essentially a trustworthy, ethical, english speaking pescatariun!

Thank you.

If I was you I would try Chatajuk market (weekend market). Lots of new Marine fish and invert shops out there now (compared to a few years ago when there was hardly any) with all the marine equipment, and they are generally cheaper than shops in actual shopping centres like carrefours.

You are best going during the week when the place isn't that busy and the fish shops are still open, look around the shops, soon you'll find an english speaking guy down there to help you.

Good luck. :o

There are about a hundred aquarium shops in Chattuchak. Take a Thai with you and tell the taxi driver to take you to the aquarium fish market on Kampaengphet 2 road. It's also the nearest part of the Chattuchak market to the Mor Chit BTS station, right on the other side of the park opposite to the childrens museum.

There is another very good store called Phuket Aquarium on

Kampaengpaet 1 road near the Kampaengpaet MRT station.

I'm sorry to say good aquarium advice, either in English or in Thai, is hard to come by. Buy a good book and hang out on reefcentral.com

HTH

Orion, does PhuketAqurum deal with Tropical Freshwater as well?

That reefcentral looks like a good site BTW, lots of good fishkeeping advice on the net. My friend used to have the most stunning 8 X 3 X 3 reef set up, just got rid of it last year because of high running costs.

• 5 weeks later...