English School For Children In Nakhon Sawan

mberest

Hello everyone,

My fiance is living with her parents in Nakhon Sawan. Unfortunately I am in the U.S. military serving in an "eminent danger" zone and no family is allowed. She has an 8 year-old daughter, and I would love for her to start learning English. Does anyone know an English language school in the area that takes children her age?

They live way out in the rural part of the province, but perhaps I could arrange a car to take her to the school and take her home?

Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Max

Hello everyone,

My fiance is living with her parents in Nakhon Sawan.  Unfortunately I am in the U.S. military serving in an "eminent danger" zone and no family is allowed.  She has an 8 year-old daughter, and I would love for her to start learning English.  Does anyone know an English language school in the area that takes children her age?

They live way out in the rural part of the province, but perhaps I could arrange a car to take her to the school and take her home?

Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Max

Max, I too live here in Nakhon Sawan. Your best bet is to get her to the expat community here that either are English or Americans. No Thai school teaches such around this area as far as I know, and I have been here for well over a year and a half. Many expats hang around at the Big C on Wednesday morning so perhaps your fiance can come over and see us there. Some of us are teachers here in Nakhon, and also retired of course.

However a word of caution to you. Many expats have problems getting citizenship for their kids here since the women have full control over the children. Secondly, beware of marriage to Thai women. They get half of everything you own even the bank account if you do get married and get divorced. YOU CANNOT OWN ANY LAND HERE, AND CANNOT OWN ANY HOUSE IN YOUR NAME HERE IN THAILAND. Don't let anyone tell you differently. It is Thai law, since your a foreigner unless you can cough up 40,000,000 Baht and prove it in the bank account.

You are allowed to own a Condo and a car in your name here in Thailand. That's all. Anything else is by only a Thai citizen.

I strongly suggest you move slow like a turtle concerning any relationship with a Thai female. Many appear and do show good intentions, but trust me, you will be supporting a Thai family underneath besides just the woman your going out with and the kid of hers. You will be taking care of her parents, her uncles and aunts if your not careful with your money. To many thai people here you are a walking ATM machine as their way of thinking. I have seen and witnessed and even experienced many foreigners take a bad bad spill and fall hard on their faces after all the damage is done secretly and quietly by Thai spouses or girlfriends. Last but not least, you best know Thai language and some handwriting. If you buy a car here be extra careful of where you sign your name. The top one is the owner and the bottom is the witness and it is written in Thai. Same with the Condo. If your not sure, ask them to allow you to take those documents and go to the TOURIST POLICE. They will show and explain to you what is involved in that document and where the ownership signature is located on that paper. Play it safe than be sorry.

By the way brother- stay alert and use your head as you fight. Here is a line that should tell you something of me --> Silver wings upon their chest, these are men America's best, One hundred men will test today, but only 3 will win the GB. God be with you my friend.

Take care

:o