Poor Thai Lady Divorcing In Malaysia

Cobrabiker

I happened to know this thai lady called Nut, 25 with great personality, she was married to a Malaysian chinese husband 5 years ago, and now have a 3 year old daughter with Malaysian birth cert. During the 5 years, she was beaten, and threatened to kill her daughter and her and no money was given to her to send home to her parents. She was a virgin and this was her first love, she tolerated until she could take it no more and ran back to Thailand 5 times, but everytime the husband will beg her for forgiveness. Until the last time, the husband's father pulled a trick on her and some how took her daughter back to Malaysia. What the husband wanted was to get her back, I think what he really wanted was free sex, as he never loved her at all, he had 2 thai girlfriends before her, but all could not tolerate and left him. I think she is a very down to earth honest lady and was taken to the fullest advantage. I really sympathize her and want to find out more info which will help her.

1)Is there any free legal service in Penang? What about thai speaking legal service?

2)The husband has no property, he is renting an apartment in Penang, what will she get if she divorce him? They were married in Malaysia.

3)How is she going to get the legal right to her daughter?

4)Alimony support, if any? And if the husband refuses to pay, what can be done?

Edited by Cobrabiker

What you have heard could be the other way around that the farang husband marrying a thai wife and now penniless and wanted out. Ok this is real, let's not make fun of it, and this is what I believe charity, not just monetary help, but any help that one could give when the occassion arises, that is true charity, I am just trying to help her out instead of just being a listener.

What you have heard could be the other way around that the farang husband marrying a thai wife and now penniless and wanted out. Ok this is real, let's not make fun of it, and this is what I believe charity, not just monetary help, but any help that one could give when the occassion arises, that is true charity, I am just trying to help her out instead of just being a listener.

So now the shoe is on the other foot....!!

And before you question my answer...my foot was once in that shoe ..and i was left to sort out my own mess

Edited by welsh1

try contacting them:

http://www.dhrramalaysia.org.my/dhrramalaysia/

not geared towards Thais

not geared towards divorce laws either

but they may be able to advice on the domestic violence front, and then refer you to legal aid centres

trying to remember but i think a long time ago there was a similar thread; malaysia i think the father has right to full custody as being muslem country and patriarchal, but thats only my memory thinking that; ah. i remember. there is a thai movie with this same problem involving malaysian father, thai mother and a duaghter being kidnapped to malaysia to be raised 'properly'., cant remember the name..

anyhow, best is to speak with malaysian consulate or someone who knows the laws including the muslem wakf laws for child custody and if the thai lady in question is muslem or not (seems to make difference in some cases)... and of course, once u are involved, remember, you ARE involved. it wont be a one off procedure... good luck.

If the situation is as the OP paints it, she should hop a mini-van back to Thailand with her daughter.

It is a shame she hasn't got her daughters Thai passport or citizenship organised (she should have!) but at this late stage, it is probably the last thing she needs to think about.

Doubtful she will get much sympathy Here most of the men here hate Thai women.

Does she have friends she could stay with outside her village?

She could hideout from the husband for awhile.

Where was the baby born?

I doubt that most men here hate Thai woman, its a reason to stay here for many guys. Sure there are some fools who got burned but you live and learn.

Where was the baby born?

I doubt that most men here hate Thai woman, its a reason to stay here for many guys. Sure there are some fools who got burned but you live and learn.

I guess your right. Just reading the previous replies are perhaps misleading.

Only my opinion. I think most men on here HATE Thai women (except their wife of course, who is different), but like having sex with them.

Perhaps it just seems that way.

OP: Sorry I got off topic.

She should be very, very careful.

Where was the baby born?

I guess your right. Just reading the previous replies are perhaps misleading.

Only my opinion. I think most men on here HATE Thai women (except their wife of course, who is different), but like having sex with them.

Perhaps it just seems that way.

OP: Sorry I got off topic.

She should be very, very careful.

seeing as two of us that replied are women i think the problem isnt hating women, unless u meant in malaysia, hating thai women? ...

yeah. off topic, legal advice would be best and of course, once involved.......

bina

israel

Her daughter was born in Malaysia, holding a malaysian passport. The daughter was smuggled back to Malaysia without a passport, it is very easy in a car. Even if she could smuggle her daughter back, how is she going to get her a thai idendity? Seeking legal advice is easy with money, but with no money, no connection, and in a foreign country, her options are; to be a sex slave to her husband for life or run away and give up her child.

She was married to a chinese, so muslim law does not apply. She may even be locked up by her husband if she returns. She wanted a divorce, but doesn't know anything about the law there, will the thai embassy in Malaysia help? Does anyone has any experience or idea for this case?

as miggy said: u will have to find agencies that help women caught in sex slavery situations; there are international organizations, once agin, try to get a lawyer to give info or google for those organziations, i know they exist, but u need ones that are in malaysia area or perhaps thailand. this seems to be , well, if not common, but not rare, seeing as i mentioned it was even in a thai movie... similar scenario... of course with a happy ending in that case...

try christian organizations, they are usually good places to start for these things...

The daughter is Thai by way of birth. There is a birth certificate I presume.

Problem is that the child will also need a Thai birt certificate, from the embassy in Malaysia and will need the co-operation of the husband.

The Thai consular section is charged with helping Thais abroad in trouble. It could be a starting point.

http://www.consular.go.th/

The daughter is Thai by way of birth. There is a birth certificate I presume.

Problem is that the child will also need a Thai birt certificate, from the embassy in Malaysia and will need the co-operation of the husband.

The Thai consular section is charged with helping Thais abroad in trouble. It could be a starting point.

http://www.consular.go.th/

excellent advice. The consular department does have a section to aid Thai women overseas who find themselves on difficulty. It is a good place to start, perhaps liaising with the Thai consulate in Penang.

Well, she went down and had a discussion and the in law wanted to keep her child, and stupidly, she agreed to send them 5000 baht every month, when she herself is not making too much. Any way I think she will learn, enough advice was given, god bless.