Le Meridian Chiang Rai

theoldgit

I'm missing a sheep. Scea, you're an Aussie- do you have my sheep?

On a more serious note- there is a lot of droll (not troll- droll) humour on this forum.

Best thing to do is not take anything too seriously, or consider light banter as anything more than fun.

CR is a tough crowd.....but it is a nice tough crowd IMO. ;)

Yes, mcgriffith, we are a gregarious group here in the Rai, who’s witty repartee sometimes shines too brilliantly for the dimmer bulbs on the tree. We try, unsuccessfully at times, to dumb it down so all can enjoy and revel in our sagacious banter.

We are even less successful in our efforts to tolerate snobs and those who in their own minds feel they are deserving of special attention, deference and privilege, for whatever reason. Be sanctimonious and priggish at your own risk amongst this lot.

In short we are a harmless, well meaning bunch of miscreants, but back on topic, the Banjo Brunch at the Meridian was particularly good today. :)

Sorry for this late reply. Was intending for it to post at 3:00am after a nite out with the girls.

Here is a light hearted humerous banter and reply.

We must have a Bull here. Maybe more than One. Haven't seen it, but have discovered it's excrement and feces spewed about.

Where there is a Cow, there must be a Bull.

This is definately not Cow excrement called CS, it is different and is called BS in English, and Bak Yai, Kee Kwi in Thai.

I know BS when I see it.

The Chickens must be "On the Lamb" or scea's Sheep since they heard about the Colonel's new chicken coating recipe.

Ducks are out of the water and over at the Little Duck accomodations since the thing with the local water quality.

Chiang Rai is not unlike Khao San Road. There is a fair share of Budget Accomodations available.

Just follow the "back packers" and ask for the "Cheap Charlie" or "Kee Nee Ow" discount rate. There reportedly have been some Pigs spotted at those locations.

You probably won't have to look to hard to find a Pig there.

No Need to drive a car and contribute to the smoke, pollution, traffic, and parking problems in the huge metropolis of Chiang Rai.

Becoming Cosmopolitin like Bangkok, Sydney, London, New York and San Francisco.

Instead it has been suggested to utilize the efficiant local Mass Transit system and the highly accredited local tour operators.

No worries mate, relax and enjoy the high speed mini van trip that will quickly whisk you and companions on the ride of a lifetime.

If not a mini van, then take one of our very VIP buses that will rock you too and fro as it meanders thru the traffic maze.

Be sure to bring all your Gas masks and other respiratory protectors as the Thai AQI (Air Quality Index) is a farce and published only to daze and confuse the unsuspecting into believeing the air is fit to breathe or partake in outdoor activities.

Chiang Rai is still a part of Thailand and TIT.

We have a resident "greeter and meeter" who offers to "Rendezvous" with people from the internet for "coffee and activity suggestions".

But the greeter admits to not getting out too much. Hmmmmmmm. Indoor Sports and Activities ?

The greeter is also our resident funny person who can take a topic to where it shouldn't go and is full of knowledge on everything. Just review the posts and judge for yourself.

Then we have those that don't want you to come to their little corner of the world. They hate Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai and say Chiang Rai is different than Thailand. The only thing different in Chiang Rai is the availability quotiant. The buy me drink game is down to a science in Chaing Rai.

The companion whom you have bought drinks for all day or nite has the same old excuses or somehow dissapears only to return to the game the next night.

Most of these "haters" don't admit to going out to the local pubs, but are regularly seen tossing a few back, gossiping with the boyz, and playing with the girls at some of the finest establishments in Chiang Rai.

There is deffintion of this type of behavior in the encyclopedia.

But then, I don't know anything and don't have anything constructive to post unlike many of our happy posters from the Rai, so I might as well end with this one.

Adios

Edited by TacoBoy

Sorry for this late reply. Was intending for it to post at 3:00am after a nite out with the girls.

Here is a light hearted humerous banter and reply.

We must have a Bull here. Maybe more than One. Haven't seen it, but have discovered it's excrement and feces spewed about.

Where there is a Cow, there must be a Bull.

This is definately not Cow excrement called CS, it is different and is called BS in English, and Bak Yai, Kee Kwi in Thai.

I know BS when I see it.

The Chickens must be "On the Lamb" or scea's Sheep since they heard about the Colonel's new chicken coating recipe.

Ducks are out of the water and over at the Little Duck accomodations since the thing with the local water quality.

Chiang Rai is not unlike Khao San Road. There is a fair share of Budget Accomodations available.

Just follow the "back packers" and ask for the "Cheap Charlie" or "Kee Nee Ow" discount rate. There reportedly have been some Pigs spotted at those locations.

You probably won't have to look to hard to find a Pig there.

No Need to drive a car and contribute to the smoke, pollution, traffic, and parking problems in the huge metropolis of Chiang Rai.

Becoming Cosmopolitin like Bangkok, Sydney, London, New York and San Francisco.

Instead it has been suggested to utilize the efficiant local Mass Transit system and the highly accredited local tour operators.

No worries mate, relax and enjoy the high speed mini van trip that will quickly whisk you and companions on the ride of a lifetime.

If not a mini van, then take one of our very VIP buses that will rock you too and fro as it meanders thru the traffic maze.

Be sure to bring all your Gas masks and other respiratory protectors as the Thai AQI (Air Quality Index) is a farce and published only to daze and confuse the unsuspecting into believeing the air is fit to breathe or partake in outdoor activities.

Chiang Rai is still a part of Thailand and TIT.

We have a resident "greeter and meeter" who offers to "Rendezvous" with people from the internet for "coffee and activity suggestions".

But the greeter admits to not getting out too much. Hmmmmmmm. Indoor Sports and Activities ?

The greeter is also our resident funny person who can take a topic to where it shouldn't go and is full of knowledge on everything. Just review the posts and judge for yourself.

Then we have those that don't want you to come to their little corner of the world. They hate Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai and say Chiang Rai is different than Thailand. The only thing different in Chiang Rai is the availability quotiant. The buy me drink game is down to a science in Chaing Rai.

The companion whom you have bought drinks for all day or nite has the same old excuses or somehow dissapears only to return to the game the next night.

Most of these "haters" don't admit to going out to the local pubs, but are regularly seen tossing a few back, gossiping with the boyz, and playing with the girls at some of the finest establishments in Chiang Rai.

There is deffintion of this type of behavior in the encyclopedia.

But then, I don't know anything and don't have anything constructive to post unlike many of our happy posters from the Rai, so I might as well end with this one.

Adios

Don't go to bragging about me. You make me shy.

And don't go away mad. You're contributions are just as needed and welcome as any others, as long as they don't include calling the others "ignorant" because they differ with you. To respectfully differ is okay, isn't it? You do post some good, informative stuff here.

I don't get out much. I'm always glad when I do get an excuse. Recently got br549 settled into a decent room for a decent rate and showed him around town and little bit out of town as well, including Don's. Enjoyed a half day off because of br549. I needed it. But that doesn't happen every week.

I commend a valiant effort, but find it still lacking in humor and subtlety. I sense we still have a disgruntled camper, who has yet to grasp the complexities of the game. ;)

Yes, a fine effort.

Truly, everyone who contributes helps to make this thing successful.

VF, stop by when you can and when you're on the bike. I need to investigate that helmet you're wearing. Not what is inside it; just the helmet.

I commend a valiant effort, but find it still lacking in humor and subtlety. I sense we still have a disgruntled camper, who has yet to grasp the complexities of the game. ;)

Yes, a fine effort.

VF, stop by when you can and when you're on the bike. I need to investigate that helmet you're wearing. Not what is inside it; just the helmet.

VF, has a pretty nice helmet. At times having a convertable fullface helmet can be an advantage, as long as the locking mechanism is sound.

Yes, a fine effort.

VF, has a pretty nice helmet. At times having a convertable fullface helmet can be an advantage, as long as the locking mechanism is sound.

I didn't really look at it before but noticed it had the two visors. Wife is looking at getting a decent stock here and wants to get as much info as possible so she can stock the best value for the money.

Yes, mcgriffith, we are a gregarious group here in the Rai, who's witty repartee sometimes shines too brilliantly for the dimmer bulbs on the tree. We try, unsuccessfully at times, to dumb it down so all can enjoy and revel in our sagacious banter.

We are even less successful in our efforts to tolerate snobs and those who in their own minds feel they are deserving of special attention, deference and privilege, for whatever reason. Be sanctimonious and priggish at your own risk amongst this lot.

In short we are a harmless, well meaning bunch of miscreants, but back on topic, the Banjo Brunch at the Meridian was particularly good today. :)

I'll definitely be trying the Banjo brunch next time with you. :D It would seem that the Meridian is always ensuring that there are abundant food choices. I've had coffee (filter) there and I have to say that with the snacks it was pretty nice in a relaxed setting, but to be honest the Le Meridian as a whole is a pretty relaxed setting.

Junior Smples is Coming to Chiang Rai ! OMG

I just luv Pettycoat Junction. :whistling: "Thought I found True Love, and thhhhhhhhhp You was Gone"

Anyone think he might visit the Domino Group. Seems more poplar than Checkarboard Squares here in CR.

No palgaerizing now VF.

Actually not disgruntled. Just playin the game the Playa way :Dave:

Yes, a fine effort.

I didn't really look at it before but noticed it had the two visors. Wife is looking at getting a decent stock here and wants to get as much info as possible so she can stock the best value for the money.

Garry, I think he is asking about the Tanked brand I got at the shop over the border, not the HJC Symax II, I picked up online from the States.

Garry, I think he is asking about the Tanked brand I got at the shop over the border, not the HJC Symax II, I picked up online from the States.

I must admit I was thinking of your HJC.

Totally agree no matter what got posted later.

Yes, a fine effort.

This may be off topic but this is a forum for members to interact, share knowledge and what have you within reason so no one really needs to get that anal:

Sweet cheeks (Kandy man)

If you are stocking up for riding apparel can you get hold of some Harley style kerchiefs?

Couldn't find them in Chiang Mai market anymore and the ones at the bike show were daylight robbery. To be expected I know.

Can order from OCC at $US9.95 each but the postage kills.

Let me know.

Quote: "This may be off topic but this is a forum for members to interact, share knowledge and what have you within reason so no one really needs to get that anal:

Sweet cheeks (Kandy man)

If you are stocking up for riding apparel can you get hold of some Harley style kerchiefs?

Couldn't find them in Chiang Mai market anymore and the ones at the bike show were daylight robbery. To be expected I know.

Can order from OCC at $US9.95 each but the postage kills.

Let me know."

I'll ask the wife to look into it.