The Smoke Is Here

sunholidaysun1

You live in a wild part of the country VF, floods, then fire... what's the bandit situation like out there? cowboy.gif

Don't know about the bandits but wasn't that where they found a million and a half yabba tablets a few days ago? They do not do things by half out VF's way.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very strange that there isn't one single fire in all of Isaan where there are a lot of rice farmers.

Makes me wonder as to the accuracy of this map.

Wonder if that's Village Farang's farm thats burning near wiang Chai.

Lots of sugar cane farmers as well. 2 neighbors burned small cane fields this week.

Edited by klikster

I've concluded the smoke is a non-event this year, while rummaging through some old photos I came across this, taken 03/01/07.

cmemail%20047.jpg

If you think it's not with us I can tell you it is. It's been on the Thai TV new's for the last 4 day's, and no my Thai is not that great but when the G/L tell's me it's very bad in place's this year and everyone is complaining about it, I tend to believe her. It's gone now thank Buddha but we even had it for two day's in K.P.Phet and in over 6 year's of living here it's something I have never seen before. But don't let it worry you the Thai peep's that are in the know have said it's not the fire's that are causing the problem it's low lying OZONE. Well that's according to the BKK Post. If anyone can tell me what that is I would like to know. Edited by fredob43

If you think it's not with us I can tell you it is. It's been on the Thai TV new's for the last 4 day's, and no my Thai is not that great but when the G/L tell's me it's very bad in place's this year and everyone is complaining about it, I tend to believe her.

In case you have not seen the Chiang Mai topic as it is also pertinent to Chiang Rai due to the large area it is covering.

I've concluded the smoke is a non-event this year, while rummaging through some old photos I came across this, taken 03/01/07.

cmemail%20047.jpg

If you think it's not with us I can tell you it is. It's been on the Thai TV new's for the last 4 day's, and no my Thai is not that great but when the G/L tell's me it's very bad in place's this year and everyone is complaining about it, I tend to believe her. It's gone now thank Buddha but we even had it for two day's in K.P.Phet and in over 6 year's of living here it's something I have never seen before. But don't let it worry you the Thai peep's that are in the know have said it's not the fire's that are causing the problem it's low lying OZONE. Well that's according to the BKK Post. If anyone can tell me what that is I would like to know.

That post is a year old dude.

Were talking about this year now.

Was near Doi Chang last two couple of nights. There were two big fires one lasting for about 1 hour on the hills. Villagers are buring the hills to prepare land for this years planting season. They will continue to burn fields until they have other better opportunities to replace agriculture as a source of income.

cmemail%20047.jpg

If you think it's not with us I can tell you it is. It's been on the Thai TV new's for the last 4 day's, and no my Thai is not that great but when the G/L tell's me it's very bad in place's this year and everyone is complaining about it, I tend to believe her. It's gone now thank Buddha but we even had it for two day's in K.P.Phet and in over 6 year's of living here it's something I have never seen before. But don't let it worry you the Thai peep's that are in the know have said it's not the fire's that are causing the problem it's low lying OZONE. Well that's according to the BKK Post. If anyone can tell me what that is I would like to know.

That post is five years old, if you read what he says!

I was in Queensland back when they used to burn the cane before machine harvesting came in, it had a smell all of it's own, like toffee being made.

Yes, a very pleasant smell.

Only issue here was the wife "suggesting" to the owner of the field and then to the man doing the burning that it would not be a good thing if any of her flowers or plants along the perimeter of our property were singed, especially the orchids on the coconut trees and near her bird watering station.

The man raked all the leaves away from the fence before burning.

She punctuated her request by standing by with a water hose in the very early AM.

cmemail%20047.jpg

That post is five years old, if you read what he says!

This was the post I was talking about, if you read what I said.

post-38081-0-28326300-1329621532_thumb.p

Our nearby hills went up in flame the night before last. Looked like ribbons of lava flowing down the sides of a volcano. Then they burned more fields yesterday. Woke up this morning and could barely make out where the nearest hills should be. This is as bad as five years ago. Hope it doesn’t last long, it is taking its toll on my health.

We've not heard yet from the chappie in your neck of the woods who claims to live in a year round smog free environment because of all the trees, a micro climate of sorts is how he refered to it, I'll be curious to know how he's faring these days and whether the pollution is still being held at bay, or...!

We've not heard yet from the chappie in your neck of the woods who claims to live in a year round smog free environment because of all the trees, a micro climate of sorts is how he refered to it, I'll be curious to know how he's faring these days and whether the pollution is still being held at bay, or...!

I remember that exchange as well but for the life of me can’t remember who he was. Guess it must have been important.

I remember that exchange as well but for the life of me can’t remember who he was. Guess it must have been important.

Chiangraider is his name, clean air is his game!

It's low level though, the sky doesn't have that brownish tinge it gets in previous years when it gone up thousands of meters.

I think a good strong wind and a bit of rain would clear it in no time.

I'm flying out tomorrow I'll let you know how high it is and how far it extends.

It's low level though, the sky doesn't have that brownish tinge it gets in previous years when it gone up thousands of meters.

I think a good strong wind and a bit of rain would clear it in no time.

I'm flying out tomorrow I'll let you know how high it is and how far it extends.

I think I shall stay indoors tomorrow, just in case you try a little impromptu rainmaking as you flight over our house.shock1.gifwink.png Edited by villagefarang