The Smoke Is Here

sunholidaysun1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask does this not make some of you want to pack up your things and leave,I understand that many people have jobs and family and the like but this seems to be self torture I can not imagine living with this ?

Hope it gets better soon.

We did pack up and leave in 2007 but came back last June after four years in Phuket, Mrs CM and I have talked about it but on balance we prefer CM and are prepared to put up with the six weeks each year when the pollution is really bad.

At the next Pot Luck i am sure a rain dance will be performed if it has not rained by then and the members have any breath left.

I'm back home in three weeks and planning on going on some long awaited rides on my bike. Knowing my luck, to everybody else favour, it will probably pour down. :D

4 pm sun here 30 k east of CR on the old CM Hwy.

Very heavy smoke. We leave for Canada in the morning, be interesting to see from the air.

post-122310-0-31564800-1332166148_thumb.

Just arrived back from our house on Koh Chang and going back as soon as I do my buisness here. The air on the Island is clear and smoke free. I am sending more furniture to Koh Chang and once I have arranged a truck we are OFF.

Ah, the irony. A story in today's Bangkok Post points the finger at the agri-business for causing the worst of the smog pollution in northern Thailand. They urge farmers to grow corn - prompting them to burn forest land - to produce eco-friendly ethanol. So northern Thailand is being polluted to keep the air clean in traffic-clogged Bangkok. Okay that's over-simplifying the problem but the irony is plain for all to see (on smog-free days that is).

Link removed.

Edited by Rooo
Bangkok Post link removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, the irony. A story in today's Bangkok Post points the finger at the agri-business for causing the worst of the smog pollution in northern Thailand. They urge farmers to grow corn - prompting them to burn forest land - to produce eco-friendly ethanol. So northern Thailand is being polluted to keep the air clean in traffic-clogged Bangkok. Okay that's over-simplifying the problem but the irony is plain for all to see (on smog-free days that is).

Link removed.

Please note:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.