Anybody Been To

Beancurd

As the above? Please share your views, any proper attire needed to the above temples? I need to go to temple to do offering. Greatly appreciate those could help, thanks. :o

Regardless of Wat, always dress well to show your respect. At minimum wear long pants, shoes that do not expose the heel, and shirt with sleeves. Going up and above this is always appreciated.

Been to Wat Hua Lampong several times. It is not one of the larger wats nor particularly ornate, thus mainly Thai's go there and they like this one. This Wat has a very interesting merit making: ringing bells using your choice of stick, burning of scrolls, glueing of scrolls to the walls, dropping coins, and fortune tellers.

As the above? Please share your views, any proper attire needed to the above temples? I need to go to temple to do offering. Greatly appreciate those could help, thanks. :o

Regardless of Wat, always dress well to show your respect. At minimum wear long pants, shoes that do not expose the heel, and shirt with sleeves. Going up and above this is always appreciated.

Been to Wat Hua Lampong several times. It is not one of the larger wats nor particularly ornate, thus mainly Thai's go there and they like this one. This Wat has a very interesting merit making: ringing bells using your choice of stick, burning of scrolls, glueing of scrolls to the walls, dropping coins, and fortune tellers.

Hi thanks for your help. :D

Ditto.

Wat Pratum Wanaram has a really good mediation hall and a small area for walking mediation. Tha abbot, Than Maha Tavorn, has done a great job to improve the mediation facilty at this temple. However, you might want to avoid the monks' lunch time. The last time I was there, there were way too many people, etc. Otherwise, it is a great place to seek peace an quiet in the middle of the hubbub....

Ditto.

Wat Pratum Wanaram has a really good mediation hall and a small area for walking mediation. Tha abbot, Than Maha Tavorn, has done a great job to improve the mediation facilty at this temple. However, you might want to avoid the monks' lunch time. The last time I was there, there were way too many people, etc. Otherwise, it is a great place to seek peace an quiet in the middle of the hubbub....

I had never been to BKK to pray so I think it is ok for tourist to go there and pray? I appreciate for the info given, thanks. :D

I had never been to BKK to pray so I think it is ok for tourist to go there and pray? I appreciate for the info given, thanks. :o

Go with a Thai person who can guide you through prayer/merit making. There are many do's and don'ts in the temple and because Wat's are so sacred this is the last place you want to accidentally show disrespect. Tourists have been jailed for taking pictures with Buddha images in ways they were not aware were extremely degrading (like standing on its legs or putting their head behind a headless Buddha). The biggest Wats tend to have english speaking guides available if desired. Regardless of your religious orientation, Thai's see no issue with you wanting to partake in any part of Buddhism. They see it as adding something positive to your life that will help you. There's no conflict to them if you are a Christian for instance and they would be happy to see you there and they won't try to convert you.

I had never been to BKK to pray so I think it is ok for tourist to go there and pray? I appreciate for the info given, thanks. :D

Go with a Thai person who can guide you through prayer/merit making. There are many do's and don'ts in the temple and because Wat's are so sacred this is the last place you want to accidentally show disrespect. Tourists have been jailed for taking pictures with Buddha images in ways they were not aware were extremely degrading (like standing on its legs or putting their head behind a headless Buddha). The biggest Wats tend to have english speaking guides available if desired. Regardless of your religious orientation, Thai's see no issue with you wanting to partake in any part of Buddhism. They see it as adding something positive to your life that will help you. There's no conflict to them if you are a Christian for instance and they would be happy to see you there and they won't try to convert you.

Thanks for your help I had learn something new. But I not going to Grand Palaces or any bigger Wats just wanted to drop by a temple and do some offering. I think I have to watch the others before I pray. :o I be leaving tomorrow mornng.