Indian Restaurants

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots and lots of Indian Restaurants in Little India, which is located at the end if Chinatown, which is the end of Thanon Yaowarat.Both North and South ,Veg. and non veg. On both sides of Thanon Chakraphet. Though the majority are between Chakhraphet and the Klong.Easy to find, just go for a walk.

• 3 weeks later...

Unblocktheplanet thanks for the tip. Walked past Dosa King yesterday and decided to have lunch there - was very impressed by the staff and the cleanliness as well as the fantastic food. For under 300 baht including a drink I was stuffed to the gills and could barely waddle out of there! Their menu is extensive so I'll have to go back again to try some different dishes next time.

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that indian food in Thailand is about as expensive as in the westÉ I mean roti, dhal, chutny and fresh coffe can be had ffor about 40bt in Malaysia. Just ordering nan is like 40bt! Someone is making a killing! Although the SHWARMAS in BKK are resonable at 60bt, they used to be 50bt.

• 1 month later...

Planet Bollywood a bit behind Q-House (Lumpini Park) is pretty good and not too expensive. The best (and cheapest) Indian food I've had is just wandering around Old Siam though - you can find insanely cheap and really good eats, if you can live with less-than-luxurious surroundings.

Must add to this, as an ex 'merikan appreciater of fine vegetarian Indian food (they have non veg too), having tried most of the Sukhumvit places, I can highly recommend the spacious 'Greater Mumbai Punjab' on Soi 13 in the Trendy bldg (it was earlier across the street in Sukhumvit Suites).

They have a daily lavish buffet, but some unusual specialty dishes not found in other similar restaurants (try the crispy Okra or Bitter Gourd!). They stay open late as well!

Easier on the wallet, if ur alone or want to try a greater variety, they will make half portions of most anything also. Judging by the large groups of traveling Indians that head there, it is quite popular already. Unlike most of the places in this neighborhood, the cooks are real high class Indian & not Bangladeshi or Nepali. They do deliver & take-away too. Don't take my word for it, try & see!

• 2 months later...

North Indian Cuisine would be Bawarchi (the food is good) in Sukhumvit Soi 11 - Not cheap but reasonable.

North Indian quick bite would be my fav place Indian Chaat in Sukhumvit Soi 23 - Very cheap.

Edited by SurajBangkok
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like Dosa King on Soi 11/1, though it is South Indian. The thali lunches at Indus on Soi 26 are reasonable and fantastic.

North Indian Cuisine would be Bawarchi (the food is good) in Sukhumvit Soi 11 - Not cheap but reasonable.

North Indian quick bite would be my fav place Indian Chaat in Sukhumvit Soi 23 - Very cheap.

Thanks for these specific recommendations and addresses.

The general recommendations to go to some huge neighborhood and walk around are interesting but useless.

I really like Dosa King on Soi 11/1, though it is South Indian. The thali lunches at Indus on Soi 26 are reasonable and fantastic.

Thanks for these specific recommendations and addresses.

The general recommendations to go to some huge neighborhood and walk around are interesting but useless.

Eh? Huge neighbourhoods? Where? Maybe Sukumvit Road? ,which does run From the end of Ploenchit to Trat. Is that huge? Enough?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you all for the info.

Now I have had an unsated craving for Afghani Chicken that my girlfriend and I used to enjoy at a little place called Mama's Restaurant in Surawong area until it went out of business a few years ago. Any suggestion as to where I can find a restaurant that does justice to this succulent chicken dish would be much appreciated. It's been too long...

• 3 weeks later...