Where To Buy Broadband Wireless Router

rholofcener

I've been looking in Chiang Mai for a Linksys Wireless-G broadband router with two phone ports (or similar) with no luck. There are tons of wireless routers around but not with two phone ports. I am fairly new in town, and I am sure I don't know all the places to look. Thanks for your help.

Try IT CITY, they have the widest range of ADSL Wireless Router / Access Point in Chiangmai. They have overall three outlets in Chiangmai that I know of, could be more. One in Airport Plaza, one in Central Kad Suan Kaew shopping center and one in Pantip Plaza CM.

Just curious...why two phone ports?

Personally, I've never seen a two phone ports ADSL Wireless Router in CM.

Maybe buy two ADSL Wireless Router instead if u can't find a two-phone-port one?

Sometimes...in Thailand, just gotta make-do with whatever they have available if they don't have exactly what u need.

Anyway, if u coud get the brand and model of the two-phone-port ADSL Wireless Router Modem you are looking for, you could always place an order through IT City...only that it'll cost a bit more than the normal price.

Hope u find what u need...Good Luck.

^__^

I can't assist with your Chiangmai purchase but this may assist you deciding what router to purchase.

I was looking at ADSL wireless routers in Puntip Plaza in BKK a few days ago. A general price for a ADSL wireless router with 4 telephone ports (seems to be the standard) is around 4,000 Baht. I've seen D-Link ADSL wireless routers in Ubon for a similar price.

If you don't need the wireless function and just need the phone ports to connect up computers around your home, I recommend you look at non-wireless ADSL routers. They are cheaper and work just as well via adsl cables in the house. They are priced around 2,000 B - 2,600 B. Your local computer shop can make the cables to the lenght you need.

DON'T BUY a SURECOM router. I bought 2 at the same time. Both of them were very unreliable and needed resetting almost daily. The first one lasted less than 2 weeks before it died. The second died after 11 weeks use.

Farma