Deposit Boxes? In Banks Or Post Office?

I have tried in the past to get a deposit box at most branches of SCB (my bank) in Pattaya/Jomtien with no success, without fail I am told they are full, (also tried one branch of Thai Military Bank, same result)

Having mentioned this on a previous thread, the replies tended to suggest that because I am foreign, the banks are loath to comply, as due to visa regulations l may not be around very long.

Would be interested to know which bank you rented one with Thetyim, thanks for any info,

Lou.

Been to Bangkok Bank yesterday, same result they told me that the boxes are full...will try few more branches today. Maybe they should charge more, and then it will be free... :o

I have tried in the past to get a deposit box at most branches of SCB (my bank)  in Pattaya/Jomtien with no success, without fail I am told they are full, (also tried one branch of Thai Military Bank, same result)

Having mentioned this on a previous thread,  the replies tended to suggest that because I am foreign, the banks are loath to comply, as due to visa regulations l may not be around very long.

Would be interested to know which bank you rented one with Thetyim, thanks for any info,

Lou.

I have tried in the past to get a deposit box at most branches of SCB (my bank)  in Pattaya/Jomtien with no success, without fail I am told they are full, (also tried one branch of Thai Military Bank, same result)

Having mentioned this on a previous thread,  the replies tended to suggest that because I am foreign, the banks are loath to comply, as due to visa regulations l may not be around very long.

Lou.

tried more than a dozen banks in Pattaya/Jomtien three years ago, - all full, then sent my (thai) wife (alone) to ask; same result!

when we moved to Isaan, outlets in smaller towns don't have any, big towns like Burirum are full : they promised to call back, but never did, and on any occasion they answer : full.

Have a safetybox now in our house, - more convenient, and cheap, too:

appr. 25x15x25 inch for less than 3.000!